Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 636305 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Lost Dimensions. Life goes on.
« Reply #8415 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:56 am »

He probably notices a squad of GDI Troops piling into a Dropship, with two Orca Fighters stationed nearby. A trooper breaks off and goes to Jack, and salutes him.
"Sir! We are under your command for the time being."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:07 am »

Jack laughs, though his mask shows no change and he has no expression to change.
"Well, then, come on. Let's go. There were five objects. Open to space, but one of them was sending out radio pulses that sounded suspiciously like a distress signal."
He sighs and gets on the Dropship.
((Minor typo edited.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:16 am »

*looks at the sensors, and spots the containers. a slight feeling of recognition comes up, but he tries not to make it noticeable*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:16 am »

"how long was i here? where the hell am i?
*remembers explosion*
"why tenshi?"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: February 12, 2011, 10:57:49 am »

"Right, I'll go send the signal to lift off."
With that, he disappears into the Dropship. It lifts off along with the two fighters and heads off towards the container sending radio pulses.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:04 am »

*The CSE habitats move into orbit around various bodies in the system, and a number of probes are deployed into orbit around the moon that harbors the primitive aliens. Vast Helium-3 mining installations are set up in the atmospheres of the ice giants, and mining facilities are set up on the asteroids in the system.*

*A radio message from the CSE-flagship-habitat-thingy*

"We have decided to call the G-class star New Tenorias, seeing as we will most likely not be able to return to our own reality. We name the small rocky world orbiting said G-class star Nolmao, the superterrestrial Ysaera, the superjovian New Uporios, the first ice giant Hox, the second Dael Tolor, and the largest moon of the superjovian planet New Kraahk. If you wish to contest this, pleas fill out the proper forms."

@Telle: ((Forest? Really? And none of the planets in the system would be able to support a tiger. only New Uporios's moons have robust enough biospheres. and besides, it'd likely be poisoned by the local life. Biochemical barriers and all that.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:44 am »

"Which moon is the most habitable without sentient life on it?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:06 am »

((dingus i was teleported to the new planet before you guys even flew off in the ark))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:15 am »

When they get there, Jack says, "If you people aren't suited up for EVA, I'll go out there. As you may have noticed," he lifts up the mask briefly, "I don't exactly need to breathe."
He does so, and examines the container closely.
--
"There are no proper forms, we saw them first. You can have the three gas giants, but you may want to share the moons. I'll let the GDI have one of the ice planets and leave the second one for anyone for the time being. And we'll take the terrestrial planet. By the way, the star is Hope, the rock planet is Obsidian. I win."
Kata looks annoyed.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: February 12, 2011, 11:04:46 am »

The GDI Troopers are merely grumbling about it as they retrieve the container with a small fire team consisting of two "randomly" chosen troopers, but at least their Combat Suits provide a pressurized environment.

The previous GDI Radioman answers Kata.

"Ice? Alright then, but I at least support your names." He says it with an air of annoyance.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:07:19 am by Phantom »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: February 12, 2011, 11:07:38 am »

"Eh...You could probably take over the...wait. Holy crap there's another terrestrial planet hiding on the other side of the suns. And it's big. Doesn't look like it has an atmosphere, but from that rotation and orbit speed you might be able to just stay on the night side indefinitely. And avoid the heat. Or stay in the heat and avoid the cold, your choice."
Kata sighs.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: February 12, 2011, 11:08:26 am »

"I think we'll take the Ice planet instead..."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: February 12, 2011, 11:09:21 am »

"Heh. The night side might be just as cold, but it actually has minerals. Silicates, ferrous ores, copper, titanium, nickel, you name it. Magnetic field, too." Kata laughs over the radio.
((Think of it like a supersized combo of the moon (the same side is always facing the body it's orbiting) and Mercury (close to the sun, extremes of heat, magnetic field.))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:11:12 am by Twi »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: February 12, 2011, 11:10:33 am »

"I'd rather not have a planet where I have to flee in fear from the sun."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: February 12, 2011, 11:10:48 am »

*The Tyrant taps into the communication from... somewhere on the Ark. Goddamn bugs get everywhere.*
"I would be quite interested in establishing a small area for myself on the day/night edge of the new planet, or just about anywhere for that matter. Atmosphere is of little matter as long as the ground has carbon, silicates and oxides."

((meanwhile...))
*Three of the cargo containers turn out empty, a fourth containing packets of something that may have been food sometime in the previous century. The fifth seems to have roughly twenty cryo-sleep pods, two closed, one seemingly containing a bundle of clothes. The other seems active, and the source of the beacon. The tiny viewing window inside is frozen over, and it seems empty as well.*

((Edit: meh @ astronomy discussion.))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:13:57 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 2023