Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 634615 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: The City of Madness. Apt.
« Reply #6030 on: February 01, 2011, 01:53:13 pm »

"Lovely. Synchronized shitstorms with me in the middle. What fun! Also, no, not my hand in this. A space-capable biotitan can hardly sneak out unnoticed, especially as it would need a day to break into low orbit. Who knows who tried to do what with stray bits of me and landed themselves in the gutter? I suppose I should do something to help? Before a new tactical weapon hit comes down in supposed retaliation?"
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: February 01, 2011, 01:55:38 pm »

'Meh, they try and nuke us and they'll be swimming in a sea of their own organs before the countown reaches 9'
*Hugs*

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: February 01, 2011, 01:58:07 pm »

"I should get on making everyone worship you," Jack says dryly.
"Wait, what?" Kata asks.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: February 01, 2011, 01:58:51 pm »

*A bright point of light appears in the sky. Shortly afterwards, another radio message crackles in from Vorthon*

"Shit! Something just blew up one of our quark-matter powerplants! Luckily I wasn't on the asteroid! Guys, I'm really worried. If someone brings degenerate matter from a neutron star into contact with quark-matter, bad shit'll happen. As in vacuum decay."
--
*Phaze looks up at the light*

"Huh. That's weird."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:36 pm »

"I sense that we are being doomed already," Kata says.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:36 pm »

*another bright point appears in the sky. Another radio message.*

"Shit! Shit, Shit, Shit! They took out another one! And... Oh dear Tenorias... It's... horrifying... yet glorious... and beautiful... it's... it's..."*Cuts to static*
--
*Phaze looks mildly annoyed*
"Another one? Really?"
--
*Nysa wanders out of her room.*
"What did I miss?"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: February 01, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »

"Yep."
Kata looks quite worried.
--
"Everything," Thera tells Nysa dryly.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: February 01, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

'Eh. We'll deal with it as it comes.'
*Walks down the hall and into her room*
*Hugs*

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: February 01, 2011, 02:09:02 pm »

*A massive sphere of light expands from the second of the two points of light, and continues to expand, covering most of the sky. It looks almost blistered, and what looks like black holes seem to form in its wake.*

*Nysa looks up at the sky*

"Well, It was nice knowing you guys."
--
"Heh. Kind of pretty.

((Last post of the day. And yeah, that sphere is the vacuum collapsing to a more stable state. {look up vacuu decay if this is just going over your head.} Kiss physics, chemistry and life as you know it goodbye. Sorry if this makes me seem dickish.))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: February 01, 2011, 02:10:10 pm »

((Last post of the day. And yeah, that sphere is the vacuum collapsing to a more stable state. {look up vacuu decay if this is just going over your head.} Kiss physics, chemistry and life as you know it goodbye. Sorry if this makes me seem dickish.))
((No worries, we'll apply Phlebtonium. >_>))
"Ahem. I think we should do something about that," Kata says.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: February 01, 2011, 02:11:39 pm »

*The Tyrant slowly rises out of the pools and looks at the lights in the sky with its own eyes, then sits down on the ground, sighing.*
"I wonder how many times this has happened before? Whole systems torn to shreds thanks to the illusion of control over such power. The hive has managed to do quite well for itself without playing with fire to such extents. Sad, isn't it?"

((Vacuum decay, of all things!? The one negative space wedgie that actually might work? Greeeat. Pull the plug out of the bottom of the universe. Nice...))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:13:27 pm by Something Evil »
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »

"Wait. Can't we just...contain it?"
Kata has an actual idea.
((On a random note, I have 15-post pages...You?))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:34:49 pm by Twi »

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: February 01, 2011, 02:41:14 pm »

"Well, seeing as we're still alive, we may be lucky. Might as well do something to keep it that way."

*The Tyrant forces itself to recall Imperial rocket artillery, often disabled by vanguard creatures long before it could be used. Memories of the taste of their propellant focuses a picture in its mind, a tiny ball, three bars of two carbon atoms each welded together by nitrogen, nitro groups hanging from the joints like drapes.*

"Stupid morons... playing with things out of their league... pinching bits of other people lying around..."

*Guidance was easy; with the many creatures in the swarm devoted specifically to be used as living ammo, steering and targeting were not problematic. And with payloads of modified Zoanthropes, designed solely to bend the rules of chance and force quantum tunneling uphill, large missiles start to form in hidden spawning pools throughout the land. Lumbering, the things take to the air, leaving only a stream of compressed carbon crystals and simple non-metallic oxides in their wake.*

"Kick quantum states in the head and throw them off the bridge, will you... you people are worse than Catachan Barking Toads... "sapient" you are, my armored tail... "

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: February 01, 2011, 02:42:53 pm »

"On the contrary....Sentience means more chances to be stupid," Kata replies, laughing.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: February 01, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »

*The twisted Zoanthropes slowly rise into position, floating through the void on borrowed time, their survival meant solely to stop reality twisting itself apart. They begin to push the rent from the edges inwards by sheer force of mind and will, bringing the soup of subatomic particles to its previous metastabile quantum state, pulling spare energy from anything around: stray bits of matter, sunlight, even minute fractions of background cosmic radiation.*

*The hole soon begins to close, slowly at first, then speeding up as the Hawking effect catches up on cleaning duty. Inside, reality seems twisted; merely a black pocket, nothing inside, where no such pocket was supposed to fit inside any excuse for normal space. It constricts to a small hole, leading to a place seemingly infinitely deep, a goatse in the fabric of reality, before vanishing altogether, leaving only debris twisting in space, catching the light of the system star.*

"I honestly hope whoever pulled this off is sill alive somehow. Trapped in an escape pod, or sucked into that cosmic joke, to die a slow, cold and lonely death."
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 2023