Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 633983 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

"much more efficient than whacking the head, you would be wasting the precious brain.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

*Yanks out the Deer's heart*

"Heart!"

*Stuffs the whole thing in my mouth*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

*Yunno wakes up to the sound of the random music and goes to investigate*

"Hi, Thera!" *Yui pops her head into Thera's room.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

'Have some good dreams did you Yunno?'
*Lilly begins to play Melodies Of Life*
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

"Ya, woke up at the end on a really sweet bit." *sits down next to Lilly, swaying to music.*

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

'Huh, same here...'
*Wanders around*
*Hugs*

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*a vast ship appears in the sky overhead. It menaces with a Solar Sail of awesome and has many bright lights.*
*looks up*

"Hey... That looks familiar..."

*A small drone deploys from the ship and descends to roughly ground level*

"ATTENTION HUMANOIDS: THIS WORLD HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR A CROSS-CULTURAL EXCHANGE WITH TORIKAN ENCLAVE C-4-D-TQ7-DELTA PLEASE STAND BY FOR MERCANTILE INTERACTION."

"I should've guessed this would happen... What do we have to trade? Clothing is something I can rule out right away because, well, Torikan males, while roughly human-sized, tend to be extremely low on the social ladder of C-4-D-TQ7-Delta. Whereas females, being, on average, at least a good 2-3 feet taller and considerably stronger, would find any clothing we have for trade to be... inadequate..."

*Another craft detaches from the main ship and descends to surface. Once landed, a group of male torikan, of various varieties, pull out a several large cargo containers by chains attached to them. Behind them is a midsized (Read: 8'8'' tall, 412lbs) female torikan, snow leopard variety.*

"Nysa? That you?"

"Vorthon! It's been a while!"

*engages in a conversation in a strange alien language*
*Yells back into the fort*
"Hey, guys, they've got some Vacuum Energy Cells that they could trade us! And some ores they mined of a bunch of asteroids! And Thorium!"

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

*Yui comes out with a metal bin of gems she handcrafted*

"Thorium? Sounds fun!"

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Gems? Really? I mean, we've crossed interstellar space to get here. Why would we trade for something we could find back home?"

"She has a point."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Fort WTF? Anthros, Gordon Freeman, resonance cascades and a giant mass of ki
« Reply #1959 on: January 12, 2011, 06:17:58 am »

'Well. What do you want?'
*Hugs*

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

"Gems out of crystalised dragons blood?"

*holding up one of the gems, it has several shades of red that deepen down as it reaches the center. Passing one over it gives off waves of heat*

"I can gaureantee at least a years warmth from all of them."

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile

*Wakes up*
"Blarghgablarharghablargh"
*MrNuke runs outside the fort*
"Blargharghblargh"
*MrNuke attempts to assault people for wood*
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hmm... Warmth... Could be useful for the ice mining operations out in the Psundo system... Might actually be able to heat Niixol up enough to bring it out of that deep freeze... How many could you provide? And exactly how hot can they get? In Kelvin, of course."

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

"I have tons! I'm the animal keeper around here and the male dragons always fight so I get a lot of the raw materials."

*She zips in and out of the fort a few times to bring 7 more bins of Dragon Gems*

"Kel-vin?" *tilts head* "Erm, it can melt steel, but you'll only get the year out it."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Kelvin. It's an absolute temperature scale, with 0 Kelvin being the coldest possible temperature, which is -273.15 degrees celsius. But judging by the fact it can melt steel is encouraging. What variety of steel though? I mean, the amount of carbon, manganese, and any other of a wide variety of additivies can affect the physical properties of steel. Also, what's the largest that you can make them? Heating up a planet is energy-intensive work."
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 2023