Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding animals to eat dorfs  (Read 622 times)

benas424

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSIC_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Modding animals to eat dorfs
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:41:23 am »

What it says on the tin, is it possible to mod tame and not tame animals to eat dead dwarfs?

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding animals to eat dorfs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:00:27 am »

Non-civ races don't eat conventionally, but you can give them [BONECARN] and they'll devour the bones of your dwarves. I don't know if this applies to tame animals (I think dogs already have it) but it should work on wild ones.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:04:24 am »

I'm fairly sure it's not doable at this stage... but if anything will work at any sort of level for this, I'd say adding
Code: [Select]
[CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
[BONECARN]
to their creature definitions could work. Like I said, not sure. Definitely not sure, at that. Never seen anything eat a corpse, but if anything would do it, it'd be buzzards/vultures, both of which have these tags. I know what the two tags do independently, but if dwarven corpses are considered 'food items' it could work?

EDIT: Partially ninja'd :P
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:13:02 am »

Oh, don't add any of the Curiousbeast tags to pack animals. It counts as them stealing all of your items when the traders leave the map. Get about ten minutes of "A goat has stolen an iron helm!" and doesn't count towards exported goods (not as important in later releases, however).