Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: redundant  (Read 3215 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: GOBLINS REALLY WANT ME DEAD
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 07:47:17 pm »

I would advise axes over hammers. An axe can get stuck in a gobbo, theoretically, but the tend to just cut chunks off (and by chunks, I mean their upper body). Hammers rarely ever kill quickly, leaving your soldiers exposed to more attacks and more chance of a lucky hit taking them out. Besides, steel axes make it through any armour a gobbo would have, making hammers kinda pointless.

Not so. In this version hammers aren't so ineffective anymore. And giving into pain can be lethal is almost always lethal...

Trust me. If a Hammerdwarf cripples someone their chances of surviving are slim. Of course. Prehaps you could do it quicker by chopping their head off with an axe, but if you played as a Hammer user in Adventure Mode you'd know anyone who gets hit in the face whilst unconcious is dead.

Besides. Axes do get stuck in from time to time, this means on counterstrike the Dwarf will use ineffective punches kicks and his shield, until he pulls his axe out ( Which will cost you a turn. ) this can mean all the difference when he's surrounded.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 07:52:03 pm »

I just tend to pull up the drawbridge and get my archers on the walls. If they have some elite bowmen I'm a little cautious, but considering I've turned away sieges that had more than thirty or so lashers without any losses [Except those bolts of course] then it's worth it.

For meele, a pick and mix, though I preffer swords and axes because cutting off fingers is fun!
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 01:49:14 am »

I always find that archers are too annoying with ammo to train up, so I instead train up squads of 3, 1 axe, 1 hammer, 1 spear. For the most part, before I even know it, I've got 3 legendary weapon users, ready to trash every siege I get. My current fort I have yet to get a siege though. :( Been a bit disappointed about that.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 01:52:26 am »

I always find that archers are too annoying with ammo to train up, so I instead train up squads of 3, 1 axe, 1 hammer, 1 spear. For the most part, before I even know it, I've got 3 legendary weapon users, ready to trash every siege I get. My current fort I have yet to get a siege though. :( Been a bit disappointed about that.
If it is a lack of sieges you complain about, try the fortress defense mod ;D
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 07:15:05 am »

If it is a lack of sieges you complain about, try the fortress defense mod ;D

or tripple the goblin  ammount by copying and renaming the evil entity :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]