Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1979056 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20820 on: May 22, 2021, 01:34:08 am »

ArchimedesWojak doesn't want to admit it but that picture is of him in his werepossum forum.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20821 on: May 22, 2021, 02:30:56 am »

There's a werepossum forum now? Is there an epidemic of werepossums now?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: May 22, 2021, 02:32:29 am »

There's a werepossum forum now? Is there an epidemic of werepossums now?

Did... did you not know? The werepossums are destroying the world. It's all anyone can talk about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: May 22, 2021, 07:02:15 am »

werepossum liberation now!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: May 22, 2021, 11:58:58 am »

Any Irish werepossums should be called were o'possums, no?
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: May 23, 2021, 01:44:45 am »

Everyday there are more and more werepossums, what are we gonna do?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20827 on: May 24, 2021, 01:27:38 pm »

Every day I'm generally nocturnal and spending the day in my hollow tree trunk shuffling.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20828 on: May 24, 2021, 06:42:34 pm »

Werepossums would be the chillest werebeasts. Like only savage murderers 10% of the time, mostly just eating garbage and playing dead whenever something frightens them.

Not surprisingly, that's how werepossums became such an epidemic. People molesting them while they're "passed out" and suddenly getting bit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: May 24, 2021, 08:33:59 pm »

Not surprisingly, that's how werepossums became such an epidemic. People molesting them while they're "passed out" and suddenly getting bit.

You do know the were-opossum represents me so when you said that it completely killed this joke for me
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20830 on: May 24, 2021, 10:02:27 pm »

No I didn't know that and now I am confused and should also state that molesting wild life where I'm from just means attempting to touch them at all, not sexually assaulting them. That's just suicidal.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: May 25, 2021, 12:49:16 am »

No I didn't know that and now I am confused and should also state that molesting wild life where I'm from just means attempting to touch them at all, not sexually assaulting them. That's just suicidal.
I'd figure it would depend on what kind of animal you were assaulting.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20832 on: May 26, 2021, 10:07:06 pm »

I just had - I don't, one-two weeks where I was struggling with an "earache" that made it painful to swallow, followed by the past 4 days where I spent a day drunk, then a day puking (and I mean 3PM to 3AM), then two in high fever constantly wondering if I was awake or not.  Imagine my wierdest dream-thread posts...  Sometimes horrible, but usually weirdly mundane stuff.

My... fever nightmare is to solve puzzles.  Something I do for fun.  I just do it, all night, in my head.  If I can do it right, I get to rest.  That's the promise.  All night - or in this case, day.

I was always hot or cold.  That one day I must have made 6(8?) trips to spray myself in the face with cold shower, barf until the well ran dry, then force down some water and spray myself again to take the edge off the damn fever.

I think I'm over it.  Food stays down, and my chest is still sore but I put it through hella stomach acid.

But the fevers get to me.  Lately (like a month ago who knows) I've been scared of mortality and being forgotten.  But these fever dreams, they've certainly forced that out.  Hell is to struggle for breath while struggling to solve just one more logic puzzle. 

I'm pretty sure I didn't eat for 48 hours.  The day after I wasn't barfy but I also wasn't hungry, and I was (sometimes) coherent enough to know that was weird.  I sampled thing, starting with your typical mixed veggie cans.  I didn't want to taste more water, because I had associated its with the bad day.  The veggies stayed down. 

The next night was just as cursed with fever, but the food stayed down.  Then things were better, I even drove a little bit.  I had an obligation today, and I wanted to be ready - also my internet was down.

Today was fine.  I got up early to meet the internet guy (local fence work severed a line).  I think... I'm pretty sure everything's okay.  I explained to my dad's SO this morning and she was super understanding, and let me rest.  I'm just glad I know when I'm awake and when I'm asleep, again.

Because I didn't write down yesterday's morning's dreams and yet I remember them annoyingly well.  I constantly woke up, in a house that wasn't mine.  Over and over.  Typical dream stuff.
What worries me is that I remember it so clearly despite trying to forget it.

I remember counting digits on a display, and watching the fronds of a distant tree, and trying to convince myself that it was a dream
and failing.
Perhaps... I'm so used to navigating dreams, at my leisure, that being stuck in one by fever is particularly horrifying.

(Also, was that Covid??  I'm going to go get a test, at least, and sign up for the vaccine.  I didn't know diarhea was a symptom until recently)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20833 on: May 26, 2021, 10:16:27 pm »

I meant "Nausea" (compulsive vomiting) not diarrhea.  And I made a lot of other mistakes in that account, but I'll leave it as-is.  I'm pretty sure I'm through it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20834 on: May 27, 2021, 12:18:34 am »

Yeah, nausea's one of the symptoms or so I have read. Could also be garden-variety food poisoning. Get yourself vaccinated regardless.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 1420