Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1978382 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20535 on: November 10, 2020, 02:58:39 pm »

Yeah, I'd have reflux sometimes, just occasionally and randomly some acid would surge up from my esophagus. It was always so brief as to be negligible. This is the very first time anything like this has happened though. My throat feels fucked up. I'm honestly a little scared to try going back to sleep.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20536 on: November 10, 2020, 04:57:49 pm »

Sound like you had a really bad case of reflux while asleep and the horizontality makes it worst than when you are awake/uprigth.

Try some magnese milk and sleep sigthly sit instead of completely flat at least for tonight.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20537 on: November 11, 2020, 10:22:26 am »

There was a lot of gin left in this bottle yesterday...

(And yet it looks like I avoided making an ass of myself, at least in all the places I checked.  Just a bit bruised).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20538 on: November 11, 2020, 01:17:12 pm »

That is good Rolan. You are a solid guy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20539 on: November 12, 2020, 05:46:57 pm »

I do actually take it as a sign that I've gotten better.  Not only is it happening *much* less often, I've consistently gotten better at avoiding talking to people under the influence.  Though that's not 100%, so... yeah, scary.

I'm still a good nice person when I'm drunk, yet I emotionally harm people through my lack of filter.  Multiple people. 

I want to be better for the people who still talk to me.  Even when that means ignoring them when they message me at a bad time.  Certainly means not hitting them up for surprise filter-less conversation.

It's terrifying to wake up with a blank memory and wonder - "shit, did I incoherently ask my dad to stop calling me a guy? again?"

Edit:  It's such a *process*!  Skype first, joke all you want - that's where my dad and real life (former?) friends live.  Then a glance at Discord.  Then bay12 new topics, but I'm already getting exhausted.  So sometimes it takes a while for me to revisit my entire posting history, not to mention the sea of Discord.  I only really check it when I remember (or left myself a note) that things went down.  So then I have to do a post-search, and scroll through the things I said.  As many as I can handle, looking for a fucking problem.

It sucks.  I'm glad I'm getting a handle (ha) on this.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 06:07:41 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20540 on: November 12, 2020, 06:04:29 pm »

I do actually take it as a sign that I've gotten better.  Not only is it happening *much* less often, I've consistently gotten better at avoiding talking to people under the influence.  Though that's not 100%, so... yeah, scary.

I'm still a good nice person when I'm drunk, yet I emotionally harm people through my lack of filter.  Multiple people. 

I want to be better for the people who still talk to me.  Even when that means ignoring them when they message me at a bad time.  Certainly means not hitting them up for surprise filter-less conversation.

It's terrifying to wake up with a blank memory and wonder - "shit, did I incoherently ask my dad to stop calling me a guy? again?"
As you grow more mature this trend will keep going and you will keep improving. The mere fact you knowledge the problem years ago was a huge steep and this is the result of it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20541 on: November 12, 2020, 06:08:57 pm »

Thank you very much, that actually means a lot to me.
She/they

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20542 on: November 12, 2020, 08:25:31 pm »

You are very welcome. I like to think we are all here for each other.

On other terrifying news, the city I live flash flooded because of course it has to.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20543 on: November 19, 2020, 02:16:26 pm »

The Smithsonian museums are closing again due to covid funtimes.  They say my pay is covered for two months but everything's still up in the air.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20544 on: November 19, 2020, 02:25:06 pm »

You work for the Smithsonian!!!!! I did not know that. That is awesome.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20545 on: November 19, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »

You work for the Smithsonian!!!!! I did not know that. That is awesome.

It's rather humble, I just handle parking for the Chantilly offshoot of the Air n Space.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20546 on: November 19, 2020, 02:35:13 pm »

Well well well.

Looks like we are stealing the constitution after all.
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20547 on: November 19, 2020, 02:40:13 pm »

Well well well.

Looks like we are stealing the constitution after all.
why steal it when we can read it online?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20548 on: November 19, 2020, 02:46:02 pm »

Exactly, wink, wink. This kind of posts are the ones we need to prove our innocense later. Good thinking NG

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20549 on: November 19, 2020, 02:47:54 pm »

First of all nick cage stole the declaration of independence, second of all, the uss constitution is a boat, not a plane so I can't help you there.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1420