Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1978327 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20520 on: October 25, 2020, 07:22:05 am »

Looks like you'll have company if things lock down. Also, don't get attached. You can eat them later.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: October 25, 2020, 07:27:44 am »

Some people see kittens, I see future cat tallow biscuits.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: October 25, 2020, 07:54:20 am »

And I see a cat's paw  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: October 25, 2020, 07:57:01 am »

Update: I have moved them back to the box that they live in. They were basically going off like kitty sirens the whole time they were in my hands. Thankfully, both of them shut up after I sorta just dropped them in to the box. There was one other kitten in there.

Looks like you'll have company if things lock down.

I guess, but they're barely old enough to walk. They've just grown legs, and they're making use of their newfound freedom by climbing out and wandering away from the box. Then, they start complaining and they start mewing incessantly. Normally, the mother would be around to pick them up, but this time, it seems that the mother is nowhere to be seen. Then I pet one of them, and things went downhill real quick.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: October 25, 2020, 08:08:53 am »

you're the mother now
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20525 on: October 25, 2020, 08:28:33 am »

They've just grown legs,

Oh, homie, those are frogs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: October 25, 2020, 09:04:44 am »

They've just grown legs,

Oh, homie, those are frogs.

Man, I can absolutely relate. I hear a bunch of mewing from somewhere, I walk towards the source of the mewing, then I'm greeted by mewing frogs. Always happens. They always start doing the normal "ribbit" sound after they see me, presumably in fear. That's why science says that frogs ribbit, not meow; they always know that they're being watched.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: October 25, 2020, 09:07:54 am »

Damn frogs are smarter than we thought, they'll be coming for us now because we know they meow sometime. We must get the truth out before they kill us!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: October 25, 2020, 09:16:26 am »

Probably easier to kill and eat a frog than a cat, though. So you got that going for you.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: November 07, 2020, 04:31:34 am »

Lockdown is going to be extended to my state. Fuck. Shit. Ass. More swear words. I cannot express the degree to which I believe that I am fucked. Let's see, I can't go home, since it's already under lockdown, so what the fuck do I do? I wonder if the food stalls are even gonna be open, or if I'm going to have to subsist on instant ramen and multivitamins. Can I even go out to get ramen in the first place? And it lasts 4 damn weeks. Reading news articles, it appears that all educational institutions are to be halted for the entire time, so my education is in limbo. This is exactly the thing I feared would happen.

I need some perspective on this, because I clearly don't.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: November 07, 2020, 08:38:10 am »

Lockdown is going to be extended to my state. Fuck. Shit. Ass. More swear words. I cannot express the degree to which I believe that I am fucked. Let's see, I can't go home, since it's already under lockdown, so what the fuck do I do? I wonder if the food stalls are even gonna be open, or if I'm going to have to subsist on instant ramen and multivitamins. Can I even go out to get ramen in the first place? And it lasts 4 damn weeks. Reading news articles, it appears that all educational institutions are to be halted for the entire time, so my education is in limbo. This is exactly the thing I feared would happen.

I need some perspective on this, because I clearly don't.

Calm down, go back a few pages ago (or the thread we talked about it, I think it was the WFT thread) when we talked about all this and try to recheck everything. You can do it methyl.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:49:20 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: November 07, 2020, 09:04:17 am »

Here is my honest suggestion, Methyl.

Rather than panic, and worry about what this imposition will prevent you from doing, and focusing all your energy impotently on these things, instead take inventory of the things you will be able to control, and how you can maximize that for your own providence during this period.

For instance, while your education in that period, as a formally structured event, is on hold-- this does not in any capacity prevent you from obtaining an education. The tools and resources are available to you to self-educate.  You have internet, you have the contact information for your instructors, you have the course materials in your dormitory.  Contact your instructor(s), ask for a week by week syllabus that would have been followed had the lockdown not occurred, then structure your time to adhere to the content and plan as if you were in the classroom.  Reach out to your instructors as needed.

Likewise with food, rather than freaking out about what you wont have access to, take inventory of what you will have access to, or how you can obtain access, despite the restriction. 

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: November 08, 2020, 04:45:56 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:34:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: November 10, 2020, 02:08:20 pm »

I was just forced awake. I absolutely couldn't breath, it felt like I was choking on something, like acid from my stomach had made its way into my windpipe somehow, and it was choking and burning me at the same time. I was totally naked, but I was ready to storm out of my front door and pound on my neighbors' door to plead for help, though they probably would have just thought I was crazy, being nude and unable to speak. I just didn't have time to think of a plan, I was suffocating and desperate.

Fortunately, before rushing out the door, when I realized what my options were, I summoned all the strength my lungs could offer and exhaled as hard as I could, breaking whatever it was that was choking me, though I was still gagging and struggling to breath. It probably took 20 or so minutes before my breathing felt unobstructed again. I have no fucking clue what caused all that, it's not like I went to bed with my mouth full of chicken bones, it felt like my body was just trying to commit suicide to spite me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: November 10, 2020, 02:49:57 pm »

Reflux?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 1420