Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1978313 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20506 on: August 29, 2020, 12:53:31 am »

I have defeated many fearsome opponents!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: August 29, 2020, 01:39:46 am »

Whosoever would blight the world, preying in the helpless, fear me! I call you a child of the night and will slay you where you stand.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20508 on: August 29, 2020, 04:24:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:34:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20509 on: August 29, 2020, 12:44:54 pm »

Northwest of here is a fearsome hydra, that has slain sixty-seven in its quest for murder. Slay this creature to win great renown!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20510 on: August 29, 2020, 03:53:33 pm »

South of here is a fearsome bear. Knowing no mercy, it stole plump helmet wine!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: August 29, 2020, 05:30:54 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:34:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: August 30, 2020, 02:54:14 am »

let them take the plump helmet wine, what kind of centrist shit was that anyway?! you're thirsty you drink cave wheat bear, you're hurting you drink sweet pod rum.... it's not rocket science
The cave wheat bear bites you in the upper body, shattering the right false ribs, and tearing the liver!
The cave wheat bear latches on firmly!
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: August 30, 2020, 08:41:33 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:34:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20514 on: September 24, 2020, 11:53:45 pm »

It has dawned on me that I might have to drive my mom's car. A car that I have zero experience with. Shit. I have my driver's license and her keys with me, so I guess I don't have much of a choice. Emphasis on "might", but I'm just terrified of the idea. I barely know how to drive the car that I'm training in, how am I supposed to drive this thing?

Edit: I drove. That's probably the most scared I've been in a year, and it didn't help that her shoes were all over the damn floor making it harder to feel where the pedals are. And after all of that, the place that I needed to go to was closed. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 12:25:08 am by methylatedspirit »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20515 on: September 26, 2020, 06:42:10 am »

Scary, but now it feels kinda good right?

I wrote several replies to the original fear but I couldn't make it not flippant. It was a bit flippant, I guess, so that was part of the reason I guess.

The point was basically that yeah I remember driving new cars was a bit scary when I was learning (and trying my brothers automatic was anxiousiting even after ~ten years of driving -- not having a shifting pedal and a stick really messes with the flow of how you drive when you're used to them), but you get used to it pretty fast -- the primary thing I think is feeling out where the gas-starts-exploding space in the shifting pedal is compared to the car you're used to to avoid embarrassing shifting hiccups.

A serious tip though: Never drive with objects on the floor of the drivers seat. Remove all shoes and bottles before starting. They can lodge under the pedals and you do not want that. It is a wrong 'em boyo.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: September 26, 2020, 03:20:56 pm »

I bet you braked the car suddenly a lot, specially staring.

Whenever I drive an automatic I just put my left leg on the edge of the seat and use only my rigth leg to push the pedals. Also I tend to put my hand in the gear stick (if there is one in the middle of both seats) even when is not longer necesary.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: September 28, 2020, 03:19:13 pm »

I hum and talk to myself when I'm stressed in the car and by myself.

If someone's with me I'm bound by social convention and just pretend everything's fiiiiiiiiiiiine  ;)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: October 25, 2020, 06:58:35 am »

This isn't a terrified terrified, but I'm still on edge. There are kittens right outside my room, right behind the door, and they're basically threatening to enter my room the moment I open the door. I can hear them meowing, just waiting for the moment they can get in. It's not that I'm afraid of kittens, it's just that their incessant meowing is spooking the shit outta me.

Is this what I get for trying to pet every cat I see? I pet a kitten, then they think I'm their mother? Is this a divine punishment?
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 1420