Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1979190 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19575 on: December 02, 2018, 09:38:03 am »

Thankfully it was fine at the end. I guess she was given anti-contraption medicine and strict doss for the rest of the pregnancy? That was our case.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19576 on: December 02, 2018, 10:15:10 am »

Thankfully it was fine at the end. I guess she was given anti-contraption medicine and strict doss for the rest of the pregnancy? That was our case.
I think that's a very sensible route they took with your wife. Contraptions can be deadly.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19577 on: December 02, 2018, 10:21:16 am »

Well you know what I meant.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19578 on: December 02, 2018, 10:26:16 am »

Yeah, I know. Lighten up, this is the terrified thread.
You meant contortions, right?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19579 on: December 02, 2018, 10:33:07 am »

Nah, they decided it was probably Braxton-Hicks contractions. No medicine or bed rest orders.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19580 on: December 04, 2018, 02:56:55 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:16:18 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19581 on: December 17, 2018, 04:07:52 pm »

Good grief, what a horrifying dream.
I don't know if it's because I went to sleep in my clothes with my overhead light on and was slightly cold, or what. Or because I was a little drunk. But that was pretty vile... it's been quite a while since I can remember having a violent dream, and I don't think the ones I used to have were nearly this disturbing. At least dream-me wasn't (either of) the perpetrator(s) in this dream, I guess.

Not sure I even want to write this dream down... I feel as though if anyone were to find and read it I'd be on the fast track to either a lobotomy or an exorcism. :P I guess as a horror film it'd probably be pretty friggin' sweet. Maybe this is a cry from my subconscious, telling me I don't watch nearly enough horror films? The film adaptation of this dream would give A Serbian Film a run for its money, with more supernatural elements and scenes in abandoned mines.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19582 on: December 17, 2018, 04:19:20 pm »

Bloody hell, I need to get a hold of myself. My mother and I put poison all over the apartment to take care of the moth infestation and flush out anything else lurking about. Well, we flushed out a big fucking roach. Her reaction to roaches is to panic completely, while mine is to vomit. Good thing it was already under the effects of the poison, so it was easily killed. But fuck.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19583 on: December 17, 2018, 04:26:19 pm »

That sounds like a wonderful start to a slapstick comedy or somethin'.
Like that lovely old Mouse Hunt film, but with a giant roach instead of a mouse.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19584 on: December 17, 2018, 04:42:38 pm »

Got caught in a "discussion" with the grocery store clerks about nutrition. So the one clerk heard somewhere that potassium and magnesium are "hard" "toxic" elements (as opposed to sodium which is an "organic" element, apparently.) and you have to cleanse your body of them by drinking distilled water.

Theyre all going to end up parallyzed, or worse, if they succeed in reducing their potassium levels, yup. I would love to know where they got this information, but i have yet to hear that tidbit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19585 on: December 17, 2018, 04:54:16 pm »

Got caught in a "discussion" with the grocery store clerks about nutrition. So the one clerk heard somewhere that potassium and magnesium are "hard" "toxic" elements (as opposed to sodium which is an "organic" element, apparently.) and you have to cleanse your body of them by drinking distilled water.

Theyre all going to end up parallyzed, or worse, if they succeed in reducing their potassium levels, yup. I would love to know where they got this information, but i have yet to hear that tidbit.
Well, I mean, if you eat pure magnesium or potassium, you're gonna have a bad time... So I guess it's not technically untrue? But then again, the same holds true for a lump of pure sodium.

Yeah, no, I... I really don't have anything to say to that. I've heard of people doing juice cleanses or whatever to clear their bodies of indistinct "toxins" and usually point to things that could be classed as free radicals, but I've never heard of someone starting a crusade against potassium.

Pull a banana on them and see if they give you their wallet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19586 on: December 17, 2018, 05:29:23 pm »

Well, I mean, if you eat pure magnesium or potassium, you're gonna have a bad time... So I guess it's not technically untrue? But then again, the same holds true for a lump of pure sodium.

Yeah, no, I... I really don't have anything to say to that. I've heard of people doing juice cleanses or whatever to clear their bodies of indistinct "toxins" and usually point to things that could be classed as free radicals, but I've never heard of someone starting a crusade against potassium.

Pull a banana on them and see if they give you their wallet.
Shortly after, an animal-themed vigilante will assault Eric. This will lead to him becoming obsessed with the vigilante and concot zany, banana-themed, overcomplicated schemes to finally defeat them... all the while dressed as a banana.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19587 on: December 17, 2018, 06:28:34 pm »

Fortunately for them distilled water doesn't do... pretty much anything... so their double wrongness will save them.

Apparently you specifically don't need to drink water after eating salt, that's new.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #19588 on: December 18, 2018, 04:29:45 am »

Thing is, some metals actually are toxic, like lithium, mercury and lead. But how do you convince an idiot that though some are toxic, some are critically important? Calling them "organic" works, but apparently the person who figured out that trick didn't actually know their nutritional science. (Putting aside that non-metal elements, such as chlorine, can be toxic, as can organic compounds, such as methanol)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19589 on: December 18, 2018, 04:38:27 am »

Dwarf Fortress idea: Methanite ore.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 ... 1420