Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1979139 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19485 on: October 22, 2018, 06:29:27 pm »

Eh, you look kind of intimidating in a lanky kind of way. You're that kind of look that, depending on your mood, my mood, and the surrounding context, you'd either look like a fun goofball or an intimidating... Person.
Aww, thanks! That's nice of you to say. ^-^   
It's nice to be versatile.

Edit: crap, pageroll. I don't think anything has made me terrified yet this morning, apart from my gnawing concern for certain friends and my payment being suspended due to some sort of glitch, or change to the system that I was not made aware of beforehand. Fortunately it turned out that my most recent payment had already gone through this morning, but there was a moment of serious terror as I hastened to check. Yikes.   
My payment was already a couple of days overdue.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:32:36 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #19486 on: October 23, 2018, 02:10:46 am »

35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E

But that's in (googles real quick) Japan! OH NO, Naxza!
Darn it, I was off by about 300 kilometers. Still, tremble before my magic power of predicting an earthquake in a region where earthquakes are very common!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19487 on: October 23, 2018, 03:36:16 am »

35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E
35.6895° N 139.6917° E

But that's in (googles real quick) Japan! OH NO, Naxza!
Darn it, I was off by about 300 kilometers. Still, tremble before my magic power of predicting an earthquake in a region where earthquakes are very common!
There's an entire song about that.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19488 on: October 23, 2018, 03:42:31 am »

sometimes when i try to drift off to sleep, i'll be just about to fall asleep and half-dreaming before something happens to jolt me awake
today, i was drifting off to sleep and half-dreaming of just being in bed, half-asleep, vaguely aware of something near me or watching me. the thing that jolted me awake was when it felt like arms grabbed every part of me all of a sudden, countless of them all around me.

so you know a fun morning
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19489 on: October 23, 2018, 03:54:36 am »

Oh hey, I get that all the time! Usually for me I'll dream about tripping or dropping a plate, something like that. Scares the hell out of my girlfriend when I just violently convulse out of nowhere.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19490 on: October 23, 2018, 02:55:56 pm »

Thats because your heart rate drops so rapidly as youre falling asleep your brain thinks youre dying and throws a bunch of panicked adrenaline, contracts all your muscles and forces you back into consciousness.
I actually had that happen to me so often i now recognize when its about to happen and have to slowly relax my heartrate, because that just ruins my night when it happens.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19491 on: October 23, 2018, 07:00:22 pm »

You'd really think the body would have figured out a better system for that by now

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19492 on: October 23, 2018, 07:34:48 pm »

i watched all 21 of the Homonculus videos with a friend and hated and feared every fucking second of them
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19493 on: October 24, 2018, 07:13:20 am »

https://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2018/10/dunkin_donuts_breakfast_sandwich_filled_with_maggo.html

A New Jersey woman received a gut-wrenching surprise Thursday morning when she arrived home with her nearly 3-year-old-son, unwrapped a Dunkin' Donuts breakfast sandwich she bought minutes earlier and began to eat.

"I opened it up, took a bite and a live maggot came out of my mouth and fell on the table," Krystle Platzer recounted in a phone interview Friday morning.

The horrified 34-year-old Brick resident took a closer look and found several other critters, including a worm, larvae, flies and a gnat on the bacon, egg and cheese croissant she purchased at the Dunkin' Donuts on Route 88 in Lakewood.

Pro-tip: don't eat at the Dunkin' Donuts on Route 88 in Lakewood.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:15:23 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19494 on: October 24, 2018, 07:19:03 am »

A croissant is not a freakin' sandwich, WTF.
Booze is Life for Yoink

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19495 on: October 24, 2018, 07:21:49 am »

It's not a flaw, it's a feature! She got free bugs, and she complains? I swear, first world problems...

For real though, that's gross. One time when I was younger, my mom was drunk and making food for me, and she used a box of some kind of mix that had been sitting in the cupboard for months... and she didn't notice at all that it was filled with worms, just served it to me like it was A-OK! That's a memory I won't shake off in my lifetime.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19496 on: October 24, 2018, 08:12:24 am »

Oh, man. Maggot stories are the best. We used to have a larvae infestation from some breed of flying insect. The kitchen light had broken earlier in the night and for a midnight snack I went to grab myself some pieces of bread to make a sandwich. I realized the paint on the small section of exposed wall near the cupboard looked different, so I shone a torch on it. It was literally completely covered with maggots and was basically pulsating. They had thoroughly infested the bread cupboard, too.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19497 on: October 24, 2018, 08:32:26 am »

You'd really think the body would have figured out a better system for that by now
I'm probably at special risk for this kind of thing as I've got a fairly hefty prescription for beta blockers, with one of the doses being taken shortly before going to bed.

But body reactions are still funny though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19498 on: October 24, 2018, 08:34:25 am »

Oh hey, I get that all the time! Usually for me I'll dream about tripping or dropping a plate, something like that. Scares the hell out of my girlfriend when I just violently convulse out of nowhere.
Wait, is that not normal?
I don't know if I get it "all the time", but it's definitely common enough to not be a noteworthy occurrence.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19499 on: October 24, 2018, 02:29:29 pm »

I'm getting really annoyed by how specific certain targeted ads are right now. I hung out with an old friend of mine recently and he brought up the topic of P vs NP, which is a computational problem. It wasn't anything I ever really looked at before, but today I have a youtube video in my recommendations that's all about P vs NP, and I can only assume my friend had something to do with it.

Now I'm not crazy, I don't think phones are eavesdropping on our conversations and feeding that data to google, but what I believe is happening is that my friend is googling these kinds of topics on his phone, and then when we hang out, the location services noticed our phones being relatively close to each other and assumed that we were together for a while, and therefore might have conversed about it.

If you don't believe me, I should mention that you don't have to consciously program a machine to do something like that. Google's algorithm uses a neural network. Neural network's are designed to find correlations between sets of data, so if you feed stuff like search history and location data to it, it will inevitably notice the I mentioned pattern above if it's programmed when any degree of competency regardless of the designers intent. It's pretty easy to express something like this in psuedocode too.

Code: [Select]
phonehistory=x
phonelongitude=x
phonelattitude=y

get otherphonelongitude
get otherphonelatitude

if absolutevalue(phonelongitude - otherphonelongitude) < 0.001 and absolutevalue(phonelattitude - otherphonelattitude) < 0.001:
    increaseconfidence(otherphone,x)

Anyway, neural networks don't work at all like the way I mentioned above, and I didn't include something that kept track of how long those two phones are near eachother. But I hope you get my point. I just don't like it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 1420