Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1977612 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18690 on: May 16, 2018, 08:17:37 am »

Oh they prefer to do it that way, with the huge pliers. Only when the wisom tooth is obstructed by other molars, like Telgin's (which often happens, them wisdom teeth often don't feel like playing nice and growing straight out) do they need to cut it up.If they can just pull it, it will heal faster and probably not even need stitches, which is why they prefer that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: May 17, 2018, 12:49:56 pm »

Fainted after getting blood drawn today. Extremely unpleasant sensations for several seconds after regaining consciousness.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: May 17, 2018, 12:53:17 pm »

Needles of any sort are a big no no.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: May 17, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »

I dunno man, I am just mildy fascinated whenever I have some blood drawn at the doctor's office. And always win the bet with the nurse that I need no band-aid, because holding the cotton wool to the spot for the time it takes for her to fill out the forms and put the tube away is long enough to close the wound.I guess I have a super-human blood clotting factor.
<wolverine voice>  I heal fast

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: May 17, 2018, 12:59:44 pm »

Needles of any sort are a big no no.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: May 17, 2018, 01:53:13 pm »

Fainted after getting blood drawn today. Extremely unpleasant sensations for several seconds after regaining consciousness.
It happens, sadly. The tip I got was to make sure to be well-hyrdated before donating blood. I can't remember if you're supposed to eat before donating or not?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: May 17, 2018, 01:57:11 pm »

Wimp ;)

Though if it’s not just from the sight of blood, it could be as sirus says, from being dehydrated.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:59:37 pm by smjjames »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18697 on: May 17, 2018, 02:03:01 pm »

I mean, I fainted/nearly fainted once mid-donation, and I had been a regular donor back then. Hell I actually worked for the blood bank. It wasn't the sight of anything that made me dizzy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:43 pm »

It happens, sadly. The tip I got was to make sure to be well-hyrdated before donating blood. I can't remember if you're supposed to eat before donating or not?
It was for blood tests, so I wasn't allowed to eat. Drank an entire bottle of water an hour before.
Not enough time for the urine sample they wanted, though. Like I'm going to sit in a waiting room with a full bladder. (What's worse, they somehow lost my appointment, hence the hour wait.)

Wimp ;)

Though if it’s not just from the sight of blood, it could be as sirus says, from being dehydrated.
I made a point not to look at the blood. They put the bandage on and asked for my signature and I fainted in the middle of signing my name.

They said it could have been caused by the sudden removal of medication from my bloodstream.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:21:27 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: May 17, 2018, 02:19:35 pm »

They said it could have caused by the sudden removal of medication from my bloodstream.
+1 to bedside manners

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18700 on: May 17, 2018, 02:22:50 pm »

They said it could have caused by the sudden removal of medication from my bloodstream.
+1 to bedside manners
Honestly, I think it was due to a drop in blood pressure. Mine's usually pretty high.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: May 17, 2018, 02:27:31 pm »

One or two test vials shouldn't drop your blood pressure significantly (2x what is it, 50ml / 100ml on a total of about 5 liters?). I guess though that if you already have pretty low blood pressure that one or two vials might just be enough to push you over the fainting edge.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: May 17, 2018, 02:30:37 pm »

One or two test vials shouldn't drop your blood pressure significantly (2x what is it, 50ml / 100ml on a total of about 5 liters?). I guess though that if you already have pretty low blood pressure that one or two vials might just be enough to push you over the fainting edge.
Looked like 3 or 4 vials to me. Didn't check closely to see how full they were, however.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:33:08 pm by Bumber »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: May 17, 2018, 02:31:42 pm »

I've given blood maybe ten times now, and I still flinch when I see the little lancets they use for testing your iron levels, even though I know for a fact that they're almost painless.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: May 17, 2018, 02:52:44 pm »

Looked like 3 or 4 vials to me. Didn't check closely to see how full they were, however.

I had that much drawn a couple months ago and remember feeling sick afterward too. It was a pretty unpleasant process which probably had something to do with it, the nurse missed the vein the first time and had to try again, and then had trouble getting the vials sorted while the needle was in my arm. They were really busy, so I suspect they were trying to get it done as fast as possible. It didn't hurt, really, it was just extremely uncomfortable. I just felt nauseous though and it passed fairly quickly, walking back up to the front desk and getting a drink of water was enough to get myself sorted. I wonder if discomfort is the only reason for things like that?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 1420