Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1977487 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18615 on: April 29, 2018, 08:23:17 pm »

You okay over there Hanslanda?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: April 29, 2018, 08:39:42 pm »

Nope. I wanna die. I can't do the drugs thing. I can't talk to someone. I can't kill myself because I know it would hurt people I love. What. The. Fuck. Do. I. Do.

Goddamn it man I don't know. I'm so fucking smart and yet I am missing a very basic fact. How do I live as me. I hate me. It's why I do drugs and why I drink so fucking much and it's why I lie to everyone about it.

I need help and I have no one but y'all and you can't help me. I'll be okay tonight. I'll talk in the morning. It'll be better in the morning.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: April 29, 2018, 10:06:33 pm »

Hanslanda, I'm here for you if you need to talk. I'm not the most educated, intelligent or able to help you around, but what much or little I have to offer you is yours, time, comprehension, whatever.

Just don't so anything rash please. I would like some day for me a my son to meet all the people that helped me scape this country be it by helping with a tad of money, a kind word or a comprehensive ear, and that list includes you pal.

Please simply keep your gun unloaded and with the safety on. We aren't having an zombie apocalypse or WW3 just yet, no need of carrying that around.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: April 29, 2018, 10:15:38 pm »

Please simply keep your gun unloaded and with the safety on.

Not good advice. It should be surrendered to somebody else as long as Hans is feeling suicidal, or sold.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: April 29, 2018, 10:35:56 pm »

Please sell the gun, Hans. Or give it to a family member not living with you.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: April 30, 2018, 03:02:14 am »

What. The. Fuck. Do. I. Do.

Goddamn it man I don't know. I'm so fucking smart and yet I am missing a very basic fact. How do I live as me.

It probably won't help, but you never really know what it is that people need to hear.  Maybe this will release you from the pressure of seeking the answer, and that's what you need.  I don't know.  It's the only thing I feel like I can offer.

Which is... there is no answer to your question.  There is only the decision to keep moving or not.  Nobody in this world does anything more than waking up every day and doing the best they can figure out.  If that's what you're doing, then you're not missing anything in comparison to anyone else.  If anyone has some absolute spiritual answer to the question, it's something they completely made up for themselves that has no objective grounding beyond relation to their own internalized self-concept and worldview.  And it's great to have a solid set of those.  But they still don't comprise an answer to your question, because they're completely made up by each person for themselves.  This is the double-edge of being an especially self-aware person, because we know whatever we come up with is imaginary.

All you need is a why, and you already put forth some answer to that in your last post (regard for loved ones).  Life is pain for just about everyone.  You're already aware that there are things in your life that matter to you more than the pain.  So when you go through the same daily process that everyone else does of choosing to do the next thing or not, just keep it in your mental pocket that you've already had that debate with yourself and made that choice, and there's no point in revisiting it all the time.  When that dark part of your mind wants to debate with you, just shake your head at it and go "Yeah, you've told me this before, but we already know this outweighs that, so if you have nothing new to add, then just skip it."

I don't deal with self-hate or addiction issues, but I'm still pretty miserable.  Almost nothing in my life is what I want, and I have very little hope of things ever being better.  But I get up and do the things every day.  Because I know that any internal debate about not doing the things just leads to horrifying flashes of empathy for the damaged futures of people who depend on/care about me.  Those thoughts know that's the response they'll get, so they don't bother showing up very often.  *shrug*
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18621 on: April 30, 2018, 04:45:38 am »

My mind is wrapped up in knots and I can't think but I feel less terrible. I know all of you helped and I wanna say stuff to that effect but I can barely string a sentence together. For now, I think it would suffice to say thank you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: April 30, 2018, 07:56:41 am »

Please simply keep your gun unloaded and with the safety on.

Not good advice. It should be surrendered to somebody else as long as Hans is feeling suicidal, or sold.
Oh I though it was a service gun from his job or something. If that's not the case simply sell the darn thing! Just keep an eye on gun shops near your work and home just in case the WW3 or zombies come around.

I'm relieve you posted here again. I lost a bother last night, wasn't really ready to have a pal here gone too.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: April 30, 2018, 09:20:20 am »

Nah LordBaal, I'm an American. It's a home defense sidearm. Sorry to hear about your brother. :/

In any case, I'm engaged in a series of four jobs today all involving heavy manual labor and concentration, so my mind has had time to settle. I'm about to do more work, it seems to be helping.
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: April 30, 2018, 09:52:12 am »

Glad to hear about the mind-settling. I wish you a calm workday.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18625 on: April 30, 2018, 10:07:45 am »

Nah LordBaal, I'm an American. It's a home defense sidearm. Sorry to hear about your brother. :/

In any case, I'm engaged in a series of four jobs today all involving heavy manual labor and concentration, so my mind has had time to settle. I'm about to do more work, it seems to be helping.
I think that's the best way to overcome this type of state. Get something to do and occupy your time so you don't have time to dwell on stuff. Also I believe getting something or someone to live for is helpful. something that you would miss if you were thinking about doing something drastic to keep you from going over the edge. Also suicide is rather a impulsive thing to keep such things locked away and stuff that takes awhile to get through so you have time to think. As for the drug and alcohol problems I think that is a symptom of the state your in. There is good evidence that such things often go away when the problems feeding them go away. Don't let it make you feel bad you hardly the only person in history to go do it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: April 30, 2018, 11:07:57 am »

If and ocupied mind keeps you out of problema I suggest readig tonos of books. Series of books is better because you will be ocupied. I can recomendó anything from the classics of literature to the whole black library of warrammer, those are tons of fun books... If lecture is not your this thing there are lots of other options.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: April 30, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »

I'm going to start jogging and running again, when this type of mood comes on me. I used to do it all the time but I fell out the habit since I met my wife. And being an addict bugs me ever so slightly, but much more than that is some other personal issues I have, that I'd rather not discuss at this time. I feel like an amoral piece of shit because of them, but I am working on them.
He's fucking with us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: April 30, 2018, 01:05:46 pm »

A newly published joint research in Science Advances, by USGS, Hawaii University, and the Dutch Deltares institute (the thinktank of delta work engineers) shows that about 10000 islands surrounding the world's 400 atols will become uninhabitable in a mere 30 years, because of increasingly violent waves striking their coast as the sea level and temperature rises. The biggest problem is the loss of potable water supplies, as they get contaminated with sea water.

For their research they used new, powerful computer models that take waves hitting the coastline into account.

By 2050, hundreds of thousands of people will need to be relocated to other islands, or to mainland.

https://www.deltares.nl/en/news/many-low-lying-atoll-islands-uninhabitable-mid-21st-century/
‘The impact of the waves was not taken into account until now because we were unable to calculate accurately enough and the computing costs were too high. Today’s software allows us to make the calculations and the results are shocking: the critical point is reached decades before we thought it would be. So this problem will affect the generations living on the islands now unless we can combat climate change,’

So yeah, any bay12-ers living on an atol, I suggest you open a savings account to prepare for your forced move somewhere in between now and 2050.
Not persuing a local career would also be wise. Nothing more horrible than becoming an unemployed 40-50 year old immigrant.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:06:17 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18629 on: April 30, 2018, 02:44:52 pm »

I'm going to start jogging and running again, when this type of mood comes on me. I used to do it all the time but I fell out the habit since I met my wife. And being an addict bugs me ever so slightly, but much more than that is some other personal issues I have, that I'd rather not discuss at this time. I feel like an amoral piece of shit because of them, but I am working on them.
On addiction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg

This might help explain it. If not its an informative video none the less.
Pages: 1 ... 1240 1241 [1242] 1243 1244 ... 1420