Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1977147 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18525 on: April 02, 2018, 06:12:23 pm »

Yeah, two solid findings don't exactly overturn established paradigm, but it doesn't make the findings any less interesting.
Indeed. To be honest, I've been in the minority who thought Neandertals were (reasonably) culturally modern for years. :P

Maximum Spin goes back in time to Neanderthal days.
MS: "Oh hello there old chap how are you doing?"
Neanderthal: "lol bae cash me ousside"

Maximum Spin is my new favorite theory for the root cause of the Neanderthal extinction.
can neither confirm nor deny
damnit you had one job
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #18526 on: April 02, 2018, 06:18:31 pm »

Lets be real here, Maximum Spin was actually killed by Neanderthals and they have stolen his time machine and his identity. Their goal? Destroy humanity, obviously. AND THEY ARE RIGHT HERE ON BAY12
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18527 on: April 02, 2018, 06:22:50 pm »

Can neither confirm nor deny.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18528 on: April 02, 2018, 07:44:57 pm »

Dan Olsen is a neanderthal, who is Maximum Spin, who is Pathos.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18529 on: April 02, 2018, 08:02:45 pm »

There is one foolproof way to tell if he is in fact a neanderthal. He must show us, his chin.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18530 on: April 02, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »

There is one foolproof way to tell if he is in fact a neanderthal. He must show us, his chin.

Von Hapsburgs weren't neanderthals.

I think.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18531 on: April 02, 2018, 08:08:27 pm »

He must show us, his chin.

That sentance structure implies that we are his chin, and he must show us proof of his neanderthal nature.

This also implies that his chin is in fact of different heritage than the rest of his body, which IMPLIES COSMETIC SURGERY CHECKMATE NEANDERTHAL CIVILIZATION DENIERS.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18532 on: April 02, 2018, 08:11:42 pm »

Neanderthals don't have chins. That's the joke. Like literately they don't.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18533 on: April 02, 2018, 08:14:26 pm »

Uh, I'm going to be straight with you, I'm pretty sure I'm not a neandertal, but, now that you mention it, my whole family does have kinda weak chins and heavy brows...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18534 on: April 02, 2018, 08:18:28 pm »

Uh, I'm going to be straight with you, I'm pretty sure I'm not a neandertal, but, now that you mention it, my whole family does have kinda weak chins and heavy brows...
KILL THE NEANDERTHAL SPY!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18535 on: April 02, 2018, 09:24:44 pm »

KILL THE NEANDERTHAL SPY!
Too soon dude, it's been 40,000 years fam

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18536 on: April 10, 2018, 08:58:42 pm »

A Harvard study points out for a complete collapse of Venezuela, calling it the worst in the world's last 50 years... I'm afraid of my family being here when it happens.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18537 on: April 10, 2018, 09:06:26 pm »

A Harvard study points out for a complete collapse of Venezuela, calling it the worst in the world's last 50 years... I'm afraid of my family being here when it happens.
I'm kind of surprised its still holding together. It's not covered in the news much. Whats the latest?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18538 on: April 11, 2018, 05:36:20 am »

The dollar on the streets reached from 200.000 Bolivars to 500.000 Bolivars in a week. That's half a million.

This means minimum wage now is about 80 cents of dollar per month, in a place with huge scarcity of everything and a black market that now is bigger than the regular one where everything has international prices. Its fucking madness, and no, this is no Sparta.

The economic collapse will bring down a social collapse which might cause the government collapse or consolidate it's power as a communist state. In case of a government collapse we could descend into a Somalia like situation given the amount of weapons the government has armed countless irregular militias all this years. Perhaps that was the plan all along.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18539 on: April 11, 2018, 06:57:23 am »

The dollar on the streets reached from 200.000 Bolivars to 500.000 Bolivars in a week. That's half a million.

This means minimum wage now is about 80 cents of dollar per month, in a place with huge scarcity of everything and a black market that now is bigger than the regular one where everything has international prices. Its fucking madness, and no, this is no Sparta.

The economic collapse will bring down a social collapse which might cause the government collapse or consolidate it's power as a communist state. In case of a government collapse we could descend into a Somalia like situation given the amount of weapons the government has armed countless irregular militias all this years. Perhaps that was the plan all along.
What's happening in Venezuela is incredibly worrisome. I hope you can find the means to get out of there before even more shit its the fan.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 ... 1420