Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1977081 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18450 on: March 20, 2018, 01:49:35 am »

When I die just throw me in the trash.
You're in luck! :D
That's where all my special friends wind up when they die. Would you rather have plain black garbage bags, orange ones, or those delightful, lavender-scented purple ones?

...I can't tell if this joke is way too dark, just dark enough or if it doesn't make any dang sense at all. I'm tired.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: March 20, 2018, 05:53:16 pm »

When I die just throw me in the trash.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: March 24, 2018, 04:26:15 am »

Another day, another round of existentially terrifying dreams, another massive, unprovoked bloody nose in my sleep.

Heh, nightmares so bad I wake up bleeding. Great.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: March 24, 2018, 04:39:26 am »

Another day, another round of existentially terrifying dreams, another massive, unprovoked bloody nose in my sleep.

Heh, nightmares so bad I wake up bleeding. Great.
Could the bloody nose be related to material you mentioned earlier?
Disclaimer: I don't know how this works.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: March 24, 2018, 04:52:20 am »

Yes, although I only had a small amount of that and I was having nighttime bloody noses prior to getting it.

Also yes, that is how this stuff works. Mucus membranes tend to dry out and bleed after such things.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: March 27, 2018, 09:35:28 am »

Maybe you were abducted by aliens in your sleep?  Supposedly that causes both nightmares and bloody noses.

Joking aside, something about work has been stressing me out tremendously lately and I just had a bout of stabbing chest pain after I got yet another email about something being broken when I already have two major projects that are way behind schedule.  Can't possibly imagine where the stress is coming from.

Pretty sure it was just a mild anxiety attack and not a heart attack, at least.

Wasting time here instead of working on said projects isn't really helping anything either, come to think of it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: March 27, 2018, 04:04:41 pm »

You should still mention that to a doctor though methinks.
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: March 27, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »

You should still mention that to a doctor though methinks.
Definitely. I had a similar chest stabbing pain and the doctor visit was reassuring, as it clarified what the hell was going on.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: March 30, 2018, 09:39:06 am »

One of my cats just started mewing in distress 15 minutes ago, out of the blue.
Not the kind of mew I know, when they need to spit out a hairball, but a different kind of distress mew I've never heard it make.

Appointment with vet in 45 minutes. I hope it's nothing bad, she's only 12 years old.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: March 30, 2018, 09:44:51 am »

One of my cats just started mewing in distress 15 minutes ago, out of the blue.
Not the kind of mew I know, when they need to spit out a hairball, but a different kind of distress mew I've never heard it make.

Appointment with vet in 45 minutes. I hope it's nothing bad, she's only 12 years old.

That's always terrifying. Good luck. 
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: March 30, 2018, 09:57:20 am »

My cat is turning 190 this year. Siamese cats live a long time.

Typo: 19, not 190. Didn't edit it away because it's kinda funny.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:46 am »

Woof. Woof. Woof.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: March 30, 2018, 11:09:27 am »

Okay, looks like it's gonna be fine. She most likely has a small infection in her tear-duct. Got cat eye-drops, and have to come back for check-up next week.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: March 30, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »

Well thats good. Just keep an eye on her behavior and the eye in question.

Our older kitty developed a hole in her throat from a popped cyst after getting into a fight. Not at all uncommon. We kept it clean and applied antibiotics and it did heal, shes fine now, but i was worried about her for a while there because shes like ~15. Cats are really vulnerable to infections unfortunately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: March 30, 2018, 04:44:35 pm »

So, Russia's been called out on the Skripal poisoning, and England kicked out the Russian diplomats in England as means of protest. Russia responded with kicking out the English diplomats. Then the rest of the world showed support for once and many, many more Russian diplomats got unceremoniously booted back to Russia, and so the motherland is now trying to find all the relevant dignitaries to deport out of spite.

Normally, less talking means more getting pissed with each other, and more getting pissed means more throwing punches. In this case it's more interesting, because many of those diplomats are also trained as intelligence agents, so Russia's (and everyone else who got retaliated against) has gotten their spy networks seriously cramped by the sudden removal of personnel. Not only are they not talking, they now also don't know what the other guy is thinking.

Combine that with Russia's current posturing with their new hypersonic intercontinental ballistic missile that "makes the bombs dropped on Japan look like a popgun", and Putin's usual complete disdain for any rules or decisions made by the rest of the world, and it's starting to look a little sketchy as far as the whole "avoiding nuclear war" idea goes.

Even dismissing that as paranoid conspiracy theorizing (which it most likely is), there's still the rest of the world shifting more and more into a political climate of polarized extremes who will lunge at each others' throats given the first opportunity. This is a tricky thing, because it's a gradual change that affects everyone, and the medium which is *supposed* to connect people and provide access to the truth is specifically being used to echo chamber and divide these ideologies even more. And I frankly don't know how you'd go about fixing it.

I'd be terrified, but it's all so removed from my person that I don't really care. Also the drugs, the drugs also make me not care. Which is good, because I tend to care a little too much about things that don't need it.

Also apparently they managed to find out that the Air Malaysia flight that "disappeared" was shot down by a Russian GtA rocket (denied by Russia), fired from an area located in Ukraine that's controlled by Russian-backed freedom fighters (denied by Russia). Guess I just live under a rock, somehow I hadn't heard about this until yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1420