Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976968 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18315 on: January 06, 2018, 12:25:41 pm »

My thoughts are getting foggy.

Tired? Hungry? Drink more water? Not trying to dismiss, just saying it might be that. If not, certainly talk to your therapist about it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: January 06, 2018, 01:06:33 pm »

Could be hunger. Lunch isn't for an hour or so. Hopefully that's it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18317 on: January 08, 2018, 04:46:51 pm »

I've had two missed calls from an unknown number over the past two days. That's rarely a good thing, and considering both calls came in at around the start of business hours it's most definitely not so.

Presumably either some cunt wants money from me or to offer me a job. D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: January 16, 2018, 05:28:23 am »

Cross posting in happy thread because it's sorta both.

I do martial arts, have for a significant portion of my life, I've said things to this effect before. But up until now it's been purely in the role of a student; I teach classes fairly regularly but I don't decide the advancement of other students or anything like that. But recently my sensei and I have been looking into setting up a subsidiary school that I'd run a few days a week as a way for me to continue doing martial arts as I go through school and also make money, and it's been implied to possibly lead into other things...?

This prospect is naturally exhilarating, but also fucking terrifying because holy shit that's a huge responsibility I'd be trusted with and the thought of accidentally fucking it up petrifies me. If it goes through it'd be such a good occupation! I already do this stuff for fun and health several times a week, if I can make that passion into a livelihood then I'd be effectively bettering myself, for money! Who could ask for more than that as far as occupation goes? But if I fuck up I won't just have let down a business opportunity, I'll have let down my mentor's trust in me, which took a long time to build up.

I'm resolved to not fuck up, but still. Looking at it in the future is ... I know it'll be such a good opportunity for growth, learning valuable shit, and bettering the lives of other people if it goes through and I want to succeed in it so badly. That's what scares me, I think - I've rarely desired something to this degree, and I have little to reference and compare it to. The only sort of emotional state I've experienced that's remotely similar to this cocktail of excitement and terror are the various times I've legitimately become infatuated with somebody, and even that doesn't really match up entirely.

the fact that that's also happening again but in what appears to be a potentially receptive situation both is and isn't helping things aaaa
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: January 16, 2018, 05:37:36 am »

I think you'll do fine. If your mentor trusts you to do it, I think you can. After all, they've done this before, they know what it takes, and they think you can do it.
And nobody expects you to be perfect at something you've never done before. As you said, it's a great opportunity to learn.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18320 on: January 16, 2018, 05:43:32 am »

And if every thing goes wrong, just advance everyone constantly. Keeping the customers happy never fail ;)
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18321 on: January 16, 2018, 08:13:14 am »

fightan, learnin and teachin, just as long as you don't set up any apocalyptic divine warrior cults there's not much you can do wrong xantulu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: January 16, 2018, 09:48:08 am »

Just keep a wary eye on any extremely talented students, there's always a chance that they will go mad with power and betray you in some dramatic battle later on and have to be stopped by a rag-tag team of your less-powerful students, whom with your dying breath you instruct to hunt down your villainous former student before their miscellaneous evil plans can come to fruition.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: January 16, 2018, 01:39:54 pm »

Just keep a wary eye on any extremely talented students, there's always a chance that they will go mad with power and betray you in some dramatic battle later on and have to be stopped by a rag-tag team of your less-powerful students, whom with your dying breath you instruct to hunt down your villainous former student before their miscellaneous evil plans can come to fruition.

Be sure to immediately and secretly retire to a swamp island if anything goes wrong. Then when someone comes to seek your knowledge 20 years later you can pretend to be an insane hermit to avoid teaching them, and die before finishing their training.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18324 on: January 16, 2018, 01:54:23 pm »

Be sure to immediately and secretly retire to a swamp island if anything goes wrong. Then when someone comes to seek your knowledge 20 years later you can pretend to be an insane hermit to avoid teaching them, and die before finishing their training.
And drink lewd xeno mega milk

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: January 16, 2018, 02:05:50 pm »

But I have the high ground!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: January 16, 2018, 07:05:08 pm »

fightan, learnin and teachin, just as long as you don't set up any apocalyptic divine warrior cults there's not much you can do wrong xantulu
Wait, you mean that setting up apocalyptic divine warrior cults ISN'T the goal of teaching, I guess I was a bad algebra teacher then (Note:this is a joke, I'm not actually an algebra teacher)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: January 17, 2018, 10:18:17 am »

That you're an algebra teacher was a joke... so that you set up apocalyptic divine warrior cults isn't?

If I see people running around screaming that they are going to scourge728 the world, I will know who to blame, dear sir.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: January 17, 2018, 02:21:53 pm »

That you're an algebra teacher was a joke... so that you set up apocalyptic divine warrior cults isn't?

If I see people running around screaming that they are going to scourge728 the world, I will know who to blame, dear sir.
:P :P

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: January 18, 2018, 06:25:53 pm »

Robert Robinson AKA Robert Casio, a convicted sex offender, has been, for some time, wandering around Augusta taking pictures of people, mostly little girls, without their consent for some time and posting them on the internet. He has done this in the place that I work, as well as numerous other locations, and the Augusta Police Department seems to be doing nothing about it because technically taking pictures of people without their consent is not illegal here as long as they're not at home.

Apparently this fucking mooseknuckle is remarkably well-known on the internet, where he readily admits to being a pedophile, possessing an Encyclopedia Dramatica article as well as a Kiwifarms page which both detail his quest to move to North Korea so he may fulfill his dream of legally raping children.

The fact that a literal pedophile is being allowed to wander around my place of work unhindered as he takes pictures of little girls' asses, and the fact that I may have encountered him at some point, disturbs me greatly and also really pisses me off.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:51:49 pm by IronTomato »
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 1420