Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976720 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18135 on: September 20, 2017, 05:00:24 pm »

Not all Australians are conglomerations of tiny crabs in a trenchcoat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18136 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:55 pm »

But some of them might have crabs.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18137 on: September 20, 2017, 05:09:45 pm »

There are sand fleas in Europe, as well. You probably have seen them in beaches.

As far as I know the European version doesn't actually try to eat people. Or at least noone has lived to report the issue.

THey're not actually fleas, but crustaceans. Related to pillbugs and isopods (including the giant isopod)

Spoiler: SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18139 on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:10 am »

Being linked to this article: https://www.popsugar.com/news/Trump-Court-Nominee-Talking-About-Transgender-Children-44052801
I am very curious to matters like those... >.<

...Where does Integrity apply? As in, over a personal uninformed or unupdated opinion that seems to be holding because of personal subjectivity against objective research? :-\

And why are people in those positions free to slander children?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18140 on: September 22, 2017, 03:03:25 pm »

His point seems to be that children of that age can sometimes not be trusted to dress in matching colors, much less make life-altering decisions regarding themselves.

I agree with that part of it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18141 on: September 22, 2017, 04:15:34 pm »

Yeah I agree that they shouldn't be making life-altering decisions, like picking up addictions or playing on tracks and stuff.  It's not life-altering to wear mismatched colors, though, or to try lots of types of clothes.  Seems like pretty safe experimentation to me, which is important for kids.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18142 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:40 pm »

I'm leaving, on a jet plane.

Don't know when I'll be back again.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18143 on: September 22, 2017, 11:47:10 pm »

Going to war? Be careful as shit
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18144 on: September 23, 2017, 03:50:08 am »

I hope you're just quoting the song and don't mean it literally, Draignean ):

I almost ran out of gas in a dark slightly-left-of-nowhere, because two gas stations failed to provide any gas. I think they were just out, because my card worked fine at the third. It was close though, largest fill I've had. All this at 4am.

It would have been fine, except I'd have to nap in that remote place and call a family member for help. I'm weird about asking for help, I might have walked instead.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #18145 on: September 23, 2017, 04:13:31 pm »

Tried to go from my hometown's train station to home by foot at night, even though I've never done that before. It turns out my sense of direction is nowhere near as good as I thought, and I had never set a foot in that part of town before.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18146 on: September 23, 2017, 09:35:41 pm »

I can't find my glasses. I was going to switch over to my glasses (literally today, actually) because one of the lenses in my eye is covered in eyegunk or whatever and it's irritating my eye, and now all of a sudden I can't find my glasses anymore. I had them just a day or two ago, but I've literally ransacked my apartment looking for them and they're nowhere to be found.

This is pretty bad. If my lenses pop out I'm toast, I can't see for shit.  I only have the pair of lenses I'm wearing, I have no backups. Worse yet, these lenses are week-long lenses, and they've been in there for a hell of a lot longer than that. I'd been pressing my mother to forward my prescription to my father, and she's been delaying for weeks.

Shit, if I lose my lenses how am I even going to be able to take the train to get back to our apartment in the city? That's an hour-long trip with multiple transfers, and I'm barely safe even crossing the street without my lenses.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18147 on: September 23, 2017, 09:52:05 pm »

I went to a good friend's wedding. Yay! I had to spend 8+ hours on the highway during the round trip there and back... Let's just say I think it is an utter miracle that I survive any time I get onto a busy highway. I'm always trapped in the thought that if I make the tiniest mistake, I'm going to die. I'm was a nervous wreck for the entire trip.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18148 on: September 24, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »

I hope you're just quoting the song and don't mean it literally, Draignean ):

Quoting the song lyric and meaning it literally in the IRL sense.  I was getting on a jetplane, and leaving basically every person and connection I'd made in the last eight years.

Sort of unpacked, still terrified about the future, but I can take the rest to the happy thread.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18149 on: September 25, 2017, 01:35:32 pm »

I went to a good friend's wedding. Yay! I had to spend 8+ hours on the highway during the round trip there and back... Let's just say I think it is an utter miracle that I survive any time I get onto a busy highway. I'm always trapped in the thought that if I make the tiniest mistake, I'm going to die. I'm was a nervous wreck for the entire trip.

When I was little, me and my dad had just gotten back from an overnight plane trip and were driving home. My dad was so tired that he closed his eyes whenever he stopped at a red light and told me to tell him when the light changed to green. I was constantly scared that he was going to just doze off while driving and get into an accident.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 ... 1420