Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976349 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17910 on: July 09, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »

Just signed an offer letter for a house.  Terrified.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17911 on: July 10, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »

Had to do some online training today for work, and every single thing focused on the Heavy Shit.

One film clip after another of traffic accidents involving trucks. Still images of other accidents. Stories of death, including one ever-so-lovely story about a driver in my own company rolling his truck over, getting pinned, and dying as EMTs tried to free him. Followed the whole thing up with a somewhat grim video about sex trafficking.

I need some happy stuff, stat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17912 on: July 10, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »

I don't suppose they explained why or how they happened? It's one thing to show images of a bunch of nasty crashes, it's another to show them with explainations of why they happened so you can avoid them in the first place.

As for happy, look at images of kittens and puppies or something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17913 on: July 10, 2017, 05:33:15 pm »

Oh yes, there were plenty of explanations. Doesn't mean I want to hear horror stories of people dying or watch a car get t-boned by a truck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17914 on: July 10, 2017, 05:53:23 pm »

What, do they want you to quit and find a less energetic job? :/

I realize this comment isn't going to help you feel happy now, so... uh- youtube video go! https://youtu.be/YW5-0zxpVqY

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17915 on: July 11, 2017, 12:04:52 am »

Does your job offer PTSD therapy? Making employees watch horrific death scenes has a tendency of turning people into babbling nervous wrecks within a year or two, if you don't get therapy offered to help cope.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17916 on: July 11, 2017, 01:33:58 am »

I can't help but picture it like this https://youtu.be/Jv1Bmne20l4
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17917 on: July 11, 2017, 02:19:56 am »

Do you have a link that does not require signing in to confirm age?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17918 on: July 11, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »

Prominent elder biologists warning (again, yet more firmly) that humanity is well on it's way to annihilating nearly all life on the planet, and we have only about 3 decades to completely change our exploitation of nature, or mass extinctions will be irreversible.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/wetenschap/eminent-bioloog-waarschuwt-nog-een-keer-de-mens-roeit-al-het-leven-uit~a4505658/
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2017/07/05/1704949114?_sp=9bdcbe30-55e5-45cd-bb87-2f2d51abe314.1499791462355
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:25:28 pm by martinuzz »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17919 on: July 11, 2017, 04:38:35 pm »

elder biologists

that sound like a really ominous counsel of biologists that possess the eldritch secrets of life.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:29:05 pm by redwallzyl »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17920 on: July 11, 2017, 05:06:50 pm »

Haha. Ofcourse, I meant elder, in the sense that they are old enough, and been in the field long enough to have seen the decline happen right in front of them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17921 on: July 13, 2017, 04:07:25 am »

Quote from: Relevant quote from r/Lovecraft
There is a reason why, for all of our knowledge about the medical science of life, our best and brightest doctors have never been able to resurrect the dead in their original forms. Mothers can create life from nothingness, life can become death, and doctors can stave off death until the bitter end, but doctors cannot create life from death. After crossing that thin line, any attempt at bringing the person back can only create a grotesque mockery.
It should not be this impossible to do – life is supposed to be based on biological processes, and simply restarting these processes after they have stopped should easily restore life to the lifeless – and yet no doctor has ever been able to recreate that which had previously been created. If it were this impossible to recreate life, then it should be equally impossible to create it in the first place.
The insanity that men are driven to after being exposed to the Great Old Ones comes simply from being forced to witness the answer to this question of why life can become death, yet death cannot become life:
In our universe, there can be no creation of life. Not after death, and not before birth.
We are all still-born mockeries sustained only by the illusion of our own vitality, and bearing witness to a Great Old One – a truly LIVING being from an alternate universe in which true life can be created – shows a person what life truly looks like, and seeing the difference between his "life" and Cthulhu's life shatters a rational mind's illusion that he had been alive to begin with.
When a rational mind sees what a true life is and sees that he himself is not a true life, he can no longer rationally sustain the illusion of his own life. Either the illusion of life destroys the rationality of the mind, or the rationality of the mind succumbs to the reality that it had already been dead.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17922 on: July 13, 2017, 04:27:34 am »

no offense but as far as creepypastas go that one is not very good....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: July 13, 2017, 04:33:59 am »

TL;DR: "my oc instantly kills anyone who looks at him because of how awesome he is"
Black lives matter.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17924 on: July 13, 2017, 04:38:58 am »

no offense but as far as creepypastas go that one is not very good....
It's not really a creepypasta it's just a paraphrasing of another post which is less relevant.

Also the point is that immortality is pointlessly hard to achieve for some reasons. We can make children but we can't keep ourselves alive indefinitely? I mean come the fuck on.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1420