Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1975433 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17595 on: February 13, 2017, 04:13:24 pm »

"What, you want to probe something? Ha! You don't probe us, Australia probes you!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17596 on: February 13, 2017, 04:31:10 pm »

On sovyet earf, australia probe YOU!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: February 15, 2017, 03:02:23 am »

My tax return according to Taxslayer is turning out suspiciously large. I'm afraid I've reported something horrifyingly wrong and I'll get in trouble for not understanding the labyrinthian web of instructions provided by the IRS, Taxslayer and my school.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17598 on: February 15, 2017, 05:11:36 am »

If the tax laws work anywhere similar to how they work over here, you should be fine if you officially object against / appeal your current tax return, and send in a new form.

Over here (Netherlands) you don't even need to appeal seperately. If you suspect your tax return is wrong, sending in a new report form overrides the previous one, and counts as a legal appeal at the same time (as long as you do it within the legal term of I think it's 8 weeks after recieving the return report).

Most importantly, don't wait it out. Take action yourself, to show good intent.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:13:27 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: February 15, 2017, 01:30:03 pm »

I soldered a bulkhead connector's lead backwards in a fit of incompetence and plugged the robot Ito it's power supply completely in reverse. It took me a good ten seconds to realize this. There was a very unpleasant few tens of seconds while I cut the poorly soldered connector apart to get at the leads directly for an emergency test, but at the end of it the robot played a startup sound and its lights turned on, so for the time being I must assume it remains functional.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17600 on: February 15, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »

Just found a text file in my documents labelled "Do not open until 2017".
It's probably something boring and mundane that I've simply forgotten about, but who knows. Maybe it's super important.
Oh yeah, it turned out to be just part of my Time Capsule Thread post that had wandered a bit too far outside the forum guidelines to post.
Not terribly interesting, unfortunately.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: February 18, 2017, 05:42:43 pm »

So there's this girl I like, who I'm on good terms with (she turned me down a while ago, so that's worth mentioning). Also she's one of the few intellectually-minded people I know IRL. A couple days ago I argued with her for a bit about religion and its place in society and so forth. Finding out that I'm a practicing Catholic apparently weirded her out a bit.

I took a bit of offense to that, I have to admit. So I went home and thought the whole topic through again, and then wrote it down to send her an email. I told her that it was essentially a braindump and that sending that email was just to have a reason to write out the whole thing.

She replied. Extensively. I haven't read it yet. It is terrifying.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:17 pm »

So there's this girl I like, who I'm on good terms with (she turned me down a while ago, so that's worth mentioning). Also she's one of the few intellectually-minded people I know IRL. A couple days ago I argued with her for a bit about religion and its place in society and so forth. Finding out that I'm a practicing Catholic apparently weirded her out a bit.

I took a bit of offense to that, I have to admit. So I went home and thought the whole topic through again, and then wrote it down to send her an email. I told her that it was essentially a braindump and that sending that email was just to have a reason to write out the whole thing.

She replied. Extensively. I haven't read it yet. It is terrifying.
Oh that's never fun. Just save your braindumps somewhere, like a computer; sending those things can be... counter-productive.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: February 19, 2017, 01:33:05 am »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:46 am »

Ugh, going full hypochondriach
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: February 19, 2017, 01:15:13 pm »

Oh that's never fun. Just save your braindumps somewhere, like a computer; sending those things can be... counter-productive.
If I wasn't going to send it, I wouldn't have written the damn thing. I'm actually pretty sure that this may turn out to be a good and valuable experience.

Still terrifying though.

Behind you.
Christ, these things move.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: February 19, 2017, 01:16:39 pm »

Behind you.
You know, none of them really scared me per se, but a few of them made me uncomfortable enough that I'd rather not finish.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: February 19, 2017, 01:22:19 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: February 20, 2017, 06:07:50 am »

Behind you.
You know, none of them really scared me per se, but a few of them made me uncomfortable enough that I'd rather not finish.
Grumble grumble. These 'one link posts'. Reminds me of CP's style and how he manages to do nice scary stuff but it's usually ghostie ghosts. :<
Nice art though! :)

Edit: Deep in, and I'm loving the simplicity of the spookiness (although the wording is sometimes off, but that could also mean that in the time we see these move--it's the split seconds on why nothing else does). One of them really resembles one of OUR local spooky stuff too! :D (If I'm assuming, it hunts pregnant women)
I like that link a lot more now.

Edit2: OKAY IT HAS SPIDERS. GAAAHHHHHH. Everything else is more spooky stuffs, and then there just had to be giant spiders in ONE picture. :I
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:57:18 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1420