Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1970416 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17310 on: December 19, 2016, 09:19:43 pm »

*hugs Caz*

Imagine everyone is cabbages.

*pats Sirus*

I recommend sleeping again.  But yeah, that sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »

Does it count as sleep paralysis when you die in a dream, and are then just trapped there, in some grey void, unable to wake up, with an uncomfortable feeling of being unable to move your physical body no matter how hard you try and beginning to panic that you may actually be dead or stuck there forever?
Goddamn, that was freaky.

I think the most terrifying part, though, is that just before I finally managed to wake up I started trying to scream for help.
Hopefully I didn't actually manage to scream. That would be horrifically embarrassing. :-[

I've woken up and yelled before. Was living alone though, so only my cats knew my embarrassment.

That kinda reminds me of another time; I apparently slept on my arm weirdly, and pinched off the bloodflow. When I woke up, my arm was completely without feeling, and I couldn't move it at all. I thought it was dead, and I kinda freaked out! I think it was mad at me for it, too; I desperately tried to move it, and swung it limply by turning my body, until suddenly my nerves started responding again. With the combined momentum and desperation, I backhanded myself across the face, hard.

It is my DEMON ARM.

RE: The thing from earlier, that wasn't directed at any forum members. Y'all are fine. Also yeah, I've talked to most of the people I'm close to about it. There's just a few hold-outs which I need to be prepared to handle well.

A similar thing happened to me once, sans the backhand. I had to go to school with one arm numb and mostly unresponsive.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: December 19, 2016, 10:45:42 pm »

I don't wanna go to court man T_T. *ineffectual whingeing*

They'll be like 'eh so caz, do you promise to tell the whole truth and gkgfdlij and dsndskgjfnkfjj and you have to repeat this all btw?'

And i'll be like 'srefdssdfsdf words?'

And then they'll ask questions and i'll be like 'lol wat' because my brain has thankfully lost the ability to store and recall memories.

Bla.

If you don't kind me asking, why are you going to court?
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: December 19, 2016, 10:46:31 pm »

I'm terrified there might be a draft.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: December 19, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »

That's not really a realistic thing to be afraid of.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: December 19, 2016, 10:51:31 pm »

That's not really a realistic thing to be afraid of.

Nope.

But I'm terrified anyway, because unrealistic things keep happening.
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: December 19, 2016, 10:55:53 pm »

It's one thing for a shitty Presidential candidate to pull out a win, it's quite another to overturn the entire modern military structure. Assuming you live in the US, the draft might as well not be real (and under the SSS, technically is not). It's entirely contrary to the way the armed forces operate now, and they can't support more manpower besides. Increasing their size at this point would be a curse, not a benefit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: December 19, 2016, 11:00:12 pm »

Which kind of draft? jk.

We'd have to get into some kind of really nasty and bloody war (ie, a Vietnam) for a draft to be considered anyway.

It's one thing for a shitty Presidential candidate to pull out a win, it's quite another to overturn the entire modern military structure. Assuming you live in the US, the draft might as well not be real (and under the SSS, technically is not). It's entirely contrary to the way the armed forces operate now, and they can't support more manpower besides. Increasing their size at this point would be a curse, not a benefit.

Pretty sure he's in the US. Could be wrong.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: December 19, 2016, 11:09:48 pm »

Yes, I'm in the US.

I am still terrified I will somehow end up in the military.

I don't want that.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: December 19, 2016, 11:11:07 pm »

I'm terrified there might be a draft.
On the upside, you get to get fit and see the world and have crazy experiences and wild stories to tell to people back at home!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: December 19, 2016, 11:12:56 pm »

And you get to keep your cards, and might get some extra for winning!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: December 19, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »

A draft would be awesome, you could (probably) get into the military a whole heap easier than usual.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: December 20, 2016, 12:20:07 am »

Unless the chinese invade, or fighting resumes in korea and the chinese invade because of that, we're not going to see a draft.

All adult males are required to register for the draft anyway, but whatever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: December 20, 2016, 12:24:35 am »

I'm disabled anyway, so, I wouldn't be able to.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:55 am »

One day everyone I know and love will be dead.

Hell, one day I'll die.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1420