Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969729 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17280 on: December 16, 2016, 10:46:39 am »

Wow, that is pretty terrifying.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17281 on: December 16, 2016, 12:34:36 pm »

Yeah, it's what I meant with ticking time bomb. You walk around, and even though you might have been fine for a few weeks, months or years, you know that one day your heart and breathing will inevitably decide to fail instantly. Or you turn into a psychotic wreck if it the disease decides that's the spot it likes to affect you at. It's pretty terrifying to have to live with that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17282 on: December 16, 2016, 10:47:31 pm »

I think you're supposed to play FPSes to release stress, not to gain it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17283 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54:16 pm »

try playing some solo games, bro

i.e. not having to let down your siblings?

and just generally disrupt the pattern. like play in a different room, put music on, mute the game, CHANGE the things around it and see if it short circuits the rage pattern
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17284 on: December 16, 2016, 11:00:47 pm »

A very good friend has chronic CNS inflammation. It may very well be MS.

Welp.
He said two days ago that he'd get the vital test results today. He hasn't.

Whaddya guys think - is this a good sign, or a bad one?

I know it's not much, but I'll be praying for him.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:02:28 pm by Ardent Debater »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17285 on: December 17, 2016, 12:39:00 am »

I'm not an angry person at all, but when I play Overwatch, I suddenly have anger management issues.
I tend to rage a lot when I play FPSes, for some reason. Mostly when my teammates are letting me down.
Especially since there are no FPSes I know of that tick all my boxes for what makes a "good FPS", so I have endless ammunition to rage at the game with. :P

I've found that being drunk helps. I mean, not super drunk, don't want to impair your ownage skillz, but a light buzz will make those irrationally angry moments nothing but an amusing memory and the whole gaming experience far less stressful. In my experience, anyway. Although generally if you're drinking you're better off spending your time partying than sitting playing a game... *shrug*

He says it's not so bad though in the medium term. I hope it'll work out.
So do I. Good luck to him.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17286 on: December 17, 2016, 02:44:51 am »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Brother-in-law outed me to his family which, judging by how rumors move with my relatives, likely will mean my family by extension. Which, by extension of the extension, probably means I'm not gonna be super safe staying with family for the next bit, and that I have a small possibility of losing the room I rent and putting me on the street.

It's fucking 2am, and I've had a shit day already, and now I'm looking forward to doing damage-control, in addition to explaining my situation to a number of people I am in no way mentally prepared to explain it to.

This is butts. Bad butts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17287 on: December 17, 2016, 02:52:24 am »

Um, about the butts, is this about the whole situation entirely or more 'panicking because of what may possibly happen'? o_o

Take care though Soli, also with the butts. Hoping for it to go better than it may seem to be! :D (and/or contact your bro-in-law too)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17288 on: December 17, 2016, 03:14:44 am »

*hugs Solifuge*

Stay safe.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:30:42 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17289 on: December 17, 2016, 03:46:53 am »

Danke, TBF. Workin' on it.

Um, about the butts, is this about the whole situation entirely or more 'panicking because of what may possibly happen'? o_o

Take care though Soli, also with the butts. Hoping for it to go better than it may seem to be! :D (and/or contact your bro-in-law too)

It's about both the stress, and about the potential fallout. And, in a way, about how his decision to tell his folks took away my ability to explain my situation to my family (and his family) on my own terms. I already talked to him as soon as I heard, and I'm going to talk to his relatives ASAP; that's part of the "damage control" thing.

I hope it doesn't go bad too, but it's pretty likely if word gets around to certain people. Also, this is very much not the way I wanted to spend the evening, and my weekend, but it is what it is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17290 on: December 17, 2016, 12:29:54 pm »

That sucks, soli. We're here for you, though, and if there's anything I can do, just give me a word.
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17291 on: December 17, 2016, 01:32:24 pm »

That sucks, soli. We're here for you, though, and if there's anything I can do, just give me a word.
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17292 on: December 17, 2016, 06:25:17 pm »

:U

outed you bout wat?

Fret not solifuga, while many ramifications are out of your control, things will turn out better in the end, just be ready to provide your own explanations when the time comes, if it comes to that.

I will be here vibrating for your success
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:29:44 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17293 on: December 17, 2016, 09:00:49 pm »

Look at it this way.

That band-aid needed to be pulled sooner or later, and now that it's out in the open, you can deal with it properly.

Best of luck in any case.

TempAcc, she got outed for being trans.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17294 on: December 17, 2016, 09:08:10 pm »

:U

But
But?
But...
butt

Oh, I see.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 1420