Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969402 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17010 on: October 20, 2016, 11:14:31 pm »

welp I have to prepare for a test in about three hours and I feel like I'm having serious trouble just focusing

can't even get scared properly
Drink some tea.
That's some fine advice here, old chap! *sips tea* Ahhh, much, much better.
I...can't tell if you're joking...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17011 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:22 pm »

welp I have to prepare for a test in about three hours and I feel like I'm having serious trouble just focusing

Drink some tea.
Ooooh... I didn't intend to do that...

I mean, it really did help, thank you very much!~
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17012 on: October 21, 2016, 12:15:52 am »

Oh shit, it must really suck to be in area having FUCKING BROWN RECLUSES.
Brown Recluse are dangerous, but they really aren't that bad. The name is literal, they're very afraid of larger beings and generally avoid them. Aggressive spiders are much worse.

To be fair, even if they aren't as likely to bite people, it's really fucking awful when they do.  A brown recluse bite that doesn't get treated within a few days starts to look like some major krokodil shit.
Oh, I know. My grandmother got a bite 40 years ago, still has a hole in her leg. That's hemotoxin for ya!

But in truth, the danger is less. Hemotoxin is so painful and dramatic that virtually everybody seeks help. Neurotoxin, almost any neurotoxin, can kill if it effects your heart or diaphragm. This is only exacerbated by many wondering if the effect will only be limited, and since they haven't literally started melting, don't seek treatment. Then the paralysis expands, and...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17013 on: October 21, 2016, 04:24:14 am »

In the BATHROOM and a motherfucking BROWN RECLUSE rappels on my NECK swiped it off and stomped it FUCK SPIDERS kill ALL THE SPIDERS
Did it have six eyes?
Spoiler: Brown recluse (click to show/hide)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17014 on: October 21, 2016, 07:52:47 am »

Drink some tea.
Ooooh... I didn't intend to do that...

I mean, it really did help, thank you very much!~
Is k.

Glad I could help.  :)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17015 on: October 22, 2016, 01:30:22 pm »

I discovered today that my steam account was hacked on the 14th probably. I didn't have access to a computer with both steam and an internet connection.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17016 on: October 22, 2016, 01:35:38 pm »

I discovered today that my steam account was hacked on the 14th probably. I didn't have access to a computer with both steam and an internet connection.
:o
That is ungood.

You know you can use Steam in browser, right?
Sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17017 on: October 22, 2016, 02:30:20 pm »

password and access email was changed

really, anything that could be done I did six hours ago

the scariest part is that my account was hacked back on the 14th and I've only found out around 7 hours ago
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17018 on: October 22, 2016, 07:54:22 pm »

Change all your other passwords too.  Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, that's not good at all.
Sigtext

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17019 on: October 22, 2016, 11:40:13 pm »

Re: Brown recluse, for what it's worth, their danger is actually massively overhyped. First, they're reclusive and tend not to bite. Secondly, even if you are bitten, only about 10% of their bites actually turn into scary necrotic wounds. The other 90% are little red marks that heal easily. Doctors are guilty of misdiagnosing a whole host of other (worse!) things as brown recluse spider bites. Scroll down here for some examples. Finally, people in general tend to be extremely bad at identifying brown recluse spiders. There's dozens of other species that look similar, and they often get misidentified and blamed for posing danger or causing bites or they could never have been responsible for.

The sad fact is that even the most dangerous spiders in the world are not very dangerous, but that doesn't stop people from developing overblown lifelong fears of them. :(

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17020 on: October 23, 2016, 12:26:04 am »

In the BATHROOM and a motherfucking BROWN RECLUSE rappels on my NECK swiped it off and stomped it FUCK SPIDERS kill ALL THE SPIDERS
Did it have six eyes?
Spoiler: Brown recluse (click to show/hide)
If the first thing you do when a spider jumps on you is start counting it's eyes, then I admire your bravery.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17021 on: October 23, 2016, 12:34:05 am »

The sad fact is that even the most dangerous spiders in the world are not very dangerous, but that doesn't stop people from developing overblown lifelong fears of them. :(

Yeah, my wife suffered a nasty brown recluse bite something like 17 years ago.  It was debilitating for long enough that it ended up prompting her to drop out of school (they had an infestation in the dorms, wouldn't admit fault, were intentionally misdiagnosing student's bites to avoid liability, led to her bite getting really bad and missing a bunch of school, wouldn't let her make up work so she was guaranteed to fail, and wouldn't refund).  This led into a whole string of life-changing events, eventually including coming to live with me.  She still has a recess where there once was a chunk of flesh missing.

She liked spiders before this.  Now she freaks the fuck out at them.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17022 on: October 23, 2016, 12:37:05 am »

Yeah, my wife suffered a nasty brown recluse bite something like 17 years ago.  It was debilitating for long enough that it ended up prompting her to drop out of school (they had an infestation in the dorms, wouldn't admit fault, were intentionally misdiagnosing student's bites to avoid liability, led to her bite getting really bad and missing a bunch of school, wouldn't let her make up work so she was guaranteed to fail, and wouldn't refund).  This led into a whole string of life-changing events, eventually including coming to live with me.  She still has a recess where there once was a chunk of flesh missing.

Why spiders in general?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17023 on: October 23, 2016, 12:40:10 am »

Why spiders in general?

Don't know.  It's silly to me to develop a phobia as a result of one bad thing happening.  Much less a phobia directed at anything resembling the origin of that one bad thing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17024 on: October 23, 2016, 12:41:24 am »

Ran out of deodorant.
Had to walk to the shops (to buy food as well, not just deodorant) in the grips of an intense, "does-my-butt-smell-bad" paranoia on top of my usual anxiety. Whoof. That wasn't fun. Also I bashed my injured knee with a box of crackers when my shopping bag decided to rotate unexpectedly. :-\   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 1420