Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969548 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16920 on: October 08, 2016, 10:21:36 am »

Speaking of frightening dreams, apparently morning naps can be terrifying.
Usually I don't dream, ever. I've found when I tell people this they react with "Oh my god misko27 I'm so sorry". One person who said that they had horrific nightmares every night felt sorry for me! Said it was worse to have no dream than bad dreams. I can assure you that's nonsense. Having no dreams is very, very peaceful, and not at all disturbing.

But you want to know when I *do* get bad dreams? When I try to go back to sleep after waking up. Nightmares and horror galore.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: October 08, 2016, 10:38:15 am »

I've accidentally caught the sight of what currently passes as news on Russian TV.
I've found that rinsing your eyes with a solution of one part bleach to five parts water helps with that. You'll be too busy screaming to be worried about what you saw, but there's still a chance you'll regain your eyesight later.

Usually I don't dream, ever. I've found when I tell people this they react with "Oh my god misko27 I'm so sorry". One person who said that they had horrific nightmares every night felt sorry for me! Said it was worse to have no dream than bad dreams. I can assure you that's nonsense. Having no dreams is very, very peaceful, and not at all disturbing.

But you want to know when I *do* get bad dreams? When I try to go back to sleep after waking up. Nightmares and horror galore.
I almost never dream as well, and it's never bothered me at all. When I do have dreams, it's a memorable occasion, and I usually enjoy watching them, even if they're weird.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: October 08, 2016, 11:51:45 am »

Oh hey, that's just like me! Only instead of bad dreams, I get weird dreams. I don't really remember anything about then other that they are weird, though.
._.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: October 08, 2016, 11:58:17 am »

The pleasant surprise of a warm toilet seat in the morning, before the uncomfortable realization that you live alone.
This is like a shitty one sentence horror story.
I woke up today and noticed my cat was missing...but I don't even have a cat!
*gasp*
Obviously you don't anymore, since it's missing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: October 08, 2016, 12:42:56 pm »

I'm also in the rarely experience dreams camp.

The crappy thing about it is I have horrible difficulty motivating myself to go to sleep.  Because I don't have much freedom from the time I wake up until 10-11 pm.  I'm working or taking care of family.  So when I need to go to sleep, I'm only a couple hours into enjoying myself for the first time that day.  And going to sleep is like instant time-traveling to work the following morning.  It's really hard to force myself to do that.  I imagine it's easier if there's something more to sleep.

Of course, my sleep has been pretty messed up the past month or so (as I've posted about in this thread).  So this isn't strictly true anymore.  But it has been most of my life.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: October 08, 2016, 12:45:13 pm »

I don't recall dreaming very much at all either.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: October 08, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »

I have dreams, like, every night. Even if I don't recall I remember them vaguely. But I mean, I am practising to remember my dream so I guess I'm not exactly like the common mass.

From what I've seen, though, I have met a couple Bay12ers in lucid dreaming communities.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: October 08, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »

THE KRAKEN!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: October 08, 2016, 04:02:08 pm »

THE KRAKEN!

That one looks more like a cuddly kwaken.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: October 08, 2016, 04:10:37 pm »

Huh, that terrifies you?  Okay~

Oh hey, that's just like me! Only instead of bad dreams, I get weird dreams. I don't really remember anything about then other that they are weird, though.
Yeah, same here.  Weird.  There isn't pain, more like a lack of rest.  And uneasiness, sometimes building up to a terrifying wrongness before I wake up...  And realize I've only slept 2 hours.
Haven't seen the figures so much, recently, probably because they represented family and myself.  My current problems are more external and faceless than that.

I do get normal dreams, though, and sometimes they're vivid enough that I remember them.  They're usually pretty weird, but in an oddly relaxing way.  Usually I can vaguely tell that things are off, but it's my nature to go along with it.

The "best" ones are painfully real, which is... nice, while it lasts.  Then I wake up, and my heart aches for what I just lost.  Fortunately they're dreams, so the memory fades after a few minutes...  But not before encouraging me to try and find happiness.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: October 09, 2016, 06:28:43 am »

So, a while back, I set a soft intention to come out to my parents as trans/genderqueer on my next birthday. I'm officially a year older today, and I made some plans to spend time with my Mom and Step-Dad this afternoon. We don't get a lot of time together, let alone without the rest of the family around, so it could be the best opportunity I get for a while. I have a few ideas for ways to explain my whole situation to them, but I'm still nervous about the conversation and whether it's the time for it, to the point that I can't sleep.

Ever since I was a kid, they got the sense I was queer somehow, but apart from asking if I was gay many times over the years, we never talked about it. I didn't really get what was going with me until fairly recently, either. Out of my 3 parents, and among all the older generations of my family, my Mom and Step-Dad are probably two of the most likely to understand, or at least to try. Still, they have just about zero familiarity with LGBT stuff, and still don't really get the differences between Gender and Sex. Also, I've been working hard to rebuild the strained relationship I have with my pretty traditional and conservative Step-Dad; I love him, and I'm terrified this is going to mess up our current relationship, such as it is. There's also the fact that, as soon as I tell my Mom, it's likely to make it around to the rest of the family pretty soon; that's just how she is. That means possibly having to explain my situation to the fundies and way more conservative parts of the family at my cousin's wedding next week, if not soon thereafter.

I'm having second thoughts, but having that talk is still really important to me. I don't want to wait too long either; my Mom's health hasn't been great lately, and I've already lost several of the other ladies in my family who were important in shaping who I am today. It's important to me that we have that conversation while we can. As anxious as I am to have that talk, I really want to help her understand that part of who her kid is... I just wish it was easier, or I didn't feel so terrified of this complicating our relationship, or making me more of the black sheep of our family than I already am.

THE KRAKEN!

Don't tease the Octopus, kids.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: October 09, 2016, 09:19:20 am »

*hugs Solifuge*

I wish you the best of luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: October 09, 2016, 09:37:47 am »

There appears to be blood in my baby batter.
Or maybe it's just tomato sauce? Yeah, let's go with that. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: October 09, 2016, 09:40:36 am »

baby...batter?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: October 09, 2016, 10:02:27 am »

I had an odd nightmare. I developed huge moles all over my arms and face. They grew into these big overlapping purple grey skin flaps, and then blossomed into mushrooms. When they withered and fell off, the roots left big, fat holes through the skin, right down to the bone, and I had to pick bits of dead mushroom stems out of my own flesh with a toothpick.

I don't know if dream-me has been fooling around in the Zone or some Dark Souls location, but I wouldn't be surprised.

It's a cool idea, though. I might use it sometime.

To Solifuge; best of luck. I hope it will go well, and it's very brave of you to go through with it, while there is time.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 10:04:25 am by Silverthrone »
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1420