Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969772 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16875 on: October 03, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »

They're a girl.  Insofar as I can tell, it's just a visceral reaction.
I used to be scared around girls. Then I went to a school with a lopsided gender ratio. Girls everywhere. Either I had to get over it, or become a shut-in. I'm already a shut-in, and I still had to go outside for food/class, so I had to get over it anyway. Still can't do anything romantic to save my life, but being around and talking to girls is easy enough now.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16876 on: October 04, 2016, 01:55:55 am »

In this vein, there are a pretty solid number of attractive young ladies around my college this year. I have what may count as reason to believe that there is other than a lack of interest in myself. This is concerning.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16877 on: October 04, 2016, 02:02:09 am »

Use prophylactics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16878 on: October 04, 2016, 02:05:14 am »

Should that become a problem, I certainly will. The problems that arise from not doing so are not within my means to deal with.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #16879 on: October 04, 2016, 02:45:04 am »

@DigitalDemon:

er

that

um

doesn't help with aaaaaa social anxiousness very much
Yes, I'm aware, i was just saying why I've always been more comfortable around girls, even though i am physically male, and wasn't strictly otherwise female until recently.

But yeah, girls are essentially just... people. now, I know that probably doesn't help much but think. You are also a people.

There. Something in common to start a conversation about. Talk about, I dunno, what you like. What kind of food you eat, what you do in your spare time, what kind of people you love and hate, thigns that you dislike, things that you're afraid of, things that you're irresistably drawn towards, talk about anything. Because if I know anything, people only think you're an asshole when you A. Contradict with their beliefs (which you may do, just by being you ((although if thats the case then they're probably an asshole))) or B. Downplay their beliefs.

Not strictly religious beliefs either. Beliefs in morals, humanity, the world, conspiracies, animals, food, whatever. People like being agreed with. So, be agreeable. And laugh a lot. Laughter is universal. Also, a good compliment is never a bad thing. Just saying, "Oh hey, I saw that you did {x} and thought that was very [insert generic compliment] of you!" or "Oh hey, not to be a bother, but you have lovely {x}"

Note, that the second compliment can go haywire if you mention anything regarding primary and secondary sexual characteristics.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:34:26 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16880 on: October 04, 2016, 03:27:02 am »

[...]nt is never a bad thing. Just saying, "Oh hey, I saw that you did
Code: [Select]
[x] [...]
Just to note, any {x} within brackets becomes a bullet. :P
Also nicely what she said--girls is peoples :O We won't bite or eat you alive. It's working with concepts if there's a slightly different reaction to one over the other when the baseline is being peoples.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16881 on: October 04, 2016, 03:42:20 am »

Girls in general aren't really any more difficult to talk to than anyone else. I have trouble talking to most people whilst sober.
Of course, everyone's different. If the girl in question lacks social skills herself or is a quiet talker/mumbler or doesn't really want to talk to you or is difficult to talk to for some other reason, then yes, it'll probably be a challenge to make/continue conversation. And, obviously, if you are attracted to her that's always a pretty huge stumbling block unless you're some kind of ridiculously suave, cool, calm and collected social butterfly- but that's true of pretty much anyone you happen to have a crush and/or "squish" on. 

...Then again, I haven't really done a lot of socializing lately. Barely any, in fact.
My social skills in general have probably eroded to the point where interacting with anyone apart from family is at much the same difficulty. :-\
I may be mis-remembering quite what social situations are like. I shall resume my data-gathering activities on the subject later this week.
Also my liver damage-gathering and New Year's Resolution-fulfilling activities, but that's another story.

Did they beat and/or threaten you, or are you just freaking out over the faux pas?
I'm just freaking out over the faux pas. Because for fuck's sake. This is a fumb mistake and I am angry at myself.
Eh, it's not that bad, honestly. The dude's mother could easily still be alive.
Did he actually seem upset when you said it? I think you're fine.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:45:23 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16882 on: October 04, 2016, 04:07:39 am »

Girls in general aren't really any more difficult to talk to than anyone else. I have trouble talking to most people whilst sober.
Of course, everyone's different. If the girl in question lacks social skills herself or is a quiet talker/mumbler or doesn't really want to talk to you or is difficult to talk to for some other reason, then yes, it'll probably be a challenge to make/continue conversation. And, obviously, if you are attracted to her that's always a pretty huge stumbling block unless you're some kind of ridiculously suave, cool, calm and collected social butterfly- but that's true of pretty much anyone you happen to have a crush and/or "squish" on. 
Love all this, really insightful :D
And at that mention, I'm pretty much recalling all my terrified times in social interactions ._. It all dealt with current feelings rather than future insights.

...Then again, I haven't really done a lot of socializing lately. Barely any, in fact.
My social skills in general have probably eroded to the point where interacting with anyone apart from family is at much the same difficulty. :-\
I may be mis-remembering quite what social situations are like. I shall resume my data-gathering activities on the subject later this week.
You did note it down very succinctly :O Socializing is also learned for many parts--got outlets there who you can get feedback from (like the other Australian folks here on B12?) other than your family? Communication is a thousand way tunnel that there are many ways to say things--but the interpretation goes also in what is being seen. Personally, I've found that practicing, researching, or thinking about how I can become more presentable by self-practice helps a lot in supporting social skills (eg Saying things, then remembering you saying those things as if you're the observer and receiver of those things, and then wondering how clear your idea was in comparison to your intent)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16883 on: October 04, 2016, 01:11:32 pm »

Found out that my part of Florida is gonna be hit by a huge hurricane.

I'm probably going to be inside with friends playing D&D while the streets flood <3
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16884 on: October 04, 2016, 01:16:45 pm »

Stay safe. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16885 on: October 04, 2016, 01:20:44 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, it looks like current forecasts have it down to just a cat 3 by the time it rolls its face along the east coast.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16886 on: October 04, 2016, 01:21:43 pm »

Oh, and the water around my friend's house apparently has some brain-eating bacteria so if it floods, the entire neighborhood is gonna be playing "the floor is lava."
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16887 on: October 04, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »

Yep, all us Florida bros will be right here with ya.   There's going to be a big update for a mmo i'm playing atm that day too, and the power and internet will probably be out.  #Firstworldproblems #Dbatteriesarerarerthanplatinum #Igotattackedbywaspsonthepatiofurniturewhiledraggingthemintoshelter
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16888 on: October 04, 2016, 01:35:42 pm »

Found out that my part of Florida is gonna be hit by a huge hurricane.

I'm probably going to be inside with friends playing D&D while the streets flood <3

Just watch out for the demogorgon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16889 on: October 04, 2016, 01:39:51 pm »

Good luck, Floridians ):
My "friend" is down there but he's offline, I hope he'll be alright...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 ... 1420