Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1962480 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16380 on: June 22, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »

Some tea's just naturally not caffeinated.
This is untrue. Some tea has less caffeine. But tea *has* caffeine.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: June 22, 2016, 02:08:13 pm »

Some tea's just naturally not caffeinated.
This is untrue. Some tea has less caffeine. But tea *has* caffeine.
Okay, 'not appreciably caffeinated'?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: June 22, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

Some types of herbal tea aren't caffeinated, but they're tea in the broad sense that tea is "hot water with leaves shuffled around in it" (chamomile tea comes to mind.) Camellia sinensis has caffeine in it and the process of removing it makes the tea taste relatively nasty.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #16383 on: June 22, 2016, 07:07:25 pm »

Well shit, i consider myself reasonably resilient to frightening imagery (at least as long as it doesn't poke certain specific fear buttons that i have; see Ghostly Gape on TVTropes (or don't :v) for a major one), but just recently did i come across a drawing of Pinkie Pie that was legitimately goddamn scary. I don't mean like "OH NO THE RAINBOWS FRIGHTEN ME" or similar things, i mean Pinkie Pie with a terrifying demonic face. That's... Not what i expected to have burned into my mind today, and of course my brain instantly starts trying to figure out ways to make it scarier (... successfully so). Dangit brain. At least i'm also scatterbrained enough that i'm almost already bored of thinking of it before having finished this post. :v

also sorry i won't be linking it because i'd actually much rather forget it
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: June 22, 2016, 09:05:20 pm »

Well shit, i consider myself reasonably resilient to frightening imagery (at least as long as it doesn't poke certain specific fear buttons that i have; see Ghostly Gape on TVTropes (or don't :v) for a major one), but just recently did i come across a drawing of Pinkie Pie that was legitimately goddamn scary. I don't mean like "OH NO THE RAINBOWS FRIGHTEN ME" or similar things, i mean Pinkie Pie with a terrifying demonic face. That's... Not what i expected to have burned into my mind today, and of course my brain instantly starts trying to figure out ways to make it scarier (... successfully so). Dangit brain. At least i'm also scatterbrained enough that i'm almost already bored of thinking of it before having finished this post. :v

also sorry i won't be linking it because i'd actually much rather forget it
Stylized art always seems spookier to me videogames have conditioned me to look at horrible ghastly beasts and think "oh, I should shotgun that", but cartoon characters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: June 22, 2016, 09:13:00 pm »

You might like Rainbow Factory if you haven't read it (;
Or watch the music video.  Then the FimFlamFilosophy parody which makes it all okay with humor.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: June 22, 2016, 09:47:32 pm »

Placements tests in 2 days. AAaaaaaaugh.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: June 22, 2016, 11:39:56 pm »

*hugpats O. Wilde*  You got this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: June 23, 2016, 12:38:42 am »

If you plan to live long enough for that to terrify you...
Good job. :)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: June 23, 2016, 12:45:40 am »

If you plan to live long enough for that to terrify you...
Good job. :)

All the atoms in my body are immortal due to conservation of energy. One of my material reincarnations will die forever if the heat death of the universe isn't avoided.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: June 23, 2016, 12:45:49 am »

"I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: June 23, 2016, 12:52:08 am »

If by that time humanity a) is still around and b) hasn't figured out a way to leave this universe, I will be sorely disappointed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:11 am »

I think people fail to appreciate how long 10100 years is. I mean, sure, the scientific notation makes it look short, but it's actually 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years. And that's the shortest estimate assuming if protons decay. Earth existed for only about 453000000 years.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:59:45 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1420