Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963870 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16170 on: May 25, 2016, 06:00:23 am »

goto sleep
Wouldn't "gosub sleep" work better, if we want to have a different day tomorrow than today?[/fakeprogrammer]
That reminds me of the old programmer's death jokes.

C programmers don't die, they are cast into void.
BASIC programmers don't die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16171 on: May 25, 2016, 06:03:12 am »

Java programmers don't die, they java.lang.people.programmer.life.task.die()
Python programmers don't die, they... uh... EOF? sys.exit()? I don't think there's a good joke to be made here.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: May 25, 2016, 06:14:51 am »

They import death. Or forgot to import life.

In VTM: Bloodlines, in the elevator at the Asylum, one of the goths from the ground level clipped through the floor of the elevator and it actually scared me more than the entire popscare-tastic hotel level just beforehand.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: May 25, 2016, 06:32:57 am »

AttributeError: module living_people has no attribute user.name
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16174 on: May 25, 2016, 01:02:50 pm »

if (life >= maxlife)
    die();

or better yet

~life()
{
    SendSoul();
    delete Programmer;
}
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: May 26, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

What about ATH?  I'm sure somebody's come up with...Oh wait.   In ATH, everything dies.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16176 on: May 26, 2016, 06:15:52 pm »

What about ATH?  I'm sure somebody's come up with...Oh wait.   In ATH, everything dies.
Y'know, double-spacing I can live with. But triple-spacing? No. That's just unholy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: May 27, 2016, 06:54:43 am »

Yesterday evening I was sitting on my couch in my lounge, when I see in the corner of my eye something pretty big, moving away from me. I turned my head, but it was gone.
Later, at night, I was studying in the same room, when I see it: a giant-ass spider, crawling on my book, almost on my hands. Now, being a little pussy, I didn't kill it, instead I activated panic mode and rushed out of the room, closing two doors behind me. It was pretty late, so I decided to just sleep.

When I woke up this morning, all the doors were opened, meaning the spider could be anywhere. Just twenty minutes ago I think I've seen it in my bedroom, crawling on my shirt, but I am not really sure cos I panicked and ran away again.
Now I'm desperate.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: May 27, 2016, 08:57:28 am »

I really wish I could get over my arachnophobia.
I realize it's an entirely irrational learned response. On a conscious level, I think spiders are cool and neat and deserving of respect. Sometimes they're cute! House spiders are like surprise free pets who clean up annoying pests and don't make a mess.

...But then when I actually encounter one, something in the back of my brain invariably just freaks out. Not because I'm afraid of being bitten because that's stupid and I'm not. No, it's 100% mortal panic that this tiny harmless creature might crawl on me with its legs. Aaaaah!
Even the best case scenario of trying to share a room with one involves me looking at it every few seconds to make sure I know where it is because the fearbrain is like "this is really really important". ::)

Tarantulas don't trigger this at all because they're honorary mammals anyway, and tiny jumping spiders get a pass probably because I used to play with them as a kid. Everything in between, though, especially of the web-spinning variety...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: May 27, 2016, 09:18:27 am »

Spiders are really cool to me, sorry for your phobia.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: May 27, 2016, 09:23:24 am »

I really wish I could get over my arachnophobia.
I realize it's an entirely irrational learned response. On a conscious level, I think spiders are cool and neat and deserving of respect. Sometimes they're cute! House spiders are like surprise free pets who clean up annoying pests and don't make a mess.

...But then when I actually encounter one, something in the back of my brain invariably just freaks out. Not because I'm afraid of being bitten because that's stupid and I'm not. No, it's 100% mortal panic that this tiny harmless creature might crawl on me with its legs. Aaaaah!
Even the best case scenario of trying to share a room with one involves me looking at it every few seconds to make sure I know where it is because the fearbrain is like "this is really really important". ::)

Tarantulas don't trigger this at all because they're honorary mammals anyway, and tiny jumping spiders get a pass probably because I used to play with them as a kid. Everything in between, though, especially of the web-spinning variety...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XyH8MJARcM
tl;dr being afraid of spiders is not really irrational.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: May 27, 2016, 09:28:00 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: May 27, 2016, 10:11:07 am »

OW...My name is not Incognito Kitchenbot.
To be fair, the only reason I don't have a similar name for you is because the way it's capitalized makes it look weird if I try to use the XKCD substitutions plugin on it :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: May 27, 2016, 10:13:52 am »

>:(
;P
Sigtext

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: May 27, 2016, 10:22:28 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XyH8MJARcM
tl;dr being afraid of spiders is not really irrational.
Food for thought: You are much, much more likely to be bitten by a cat than a spider, and cat bites are also more likely to result in medically significant reactions than spider bites are.

Does that mean cat phobias are even more normal and rational than spider phobias?
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1420