Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964526 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16095 on: May 08, 2016, 09:52:39 am »

Not insignificant portions of the province I live in are currently fire. Its gotten the the point that a freaking mid-sized town was completely evacuated and large portions of it are probably going to be mostly unsalvageable after this. I'll probably be fine because rivers and science, but STILL. This is some pretty serious business. And if climate change keeps intensifying, this sort of thing'll happen more often in more places. Its at times like this that I want to just fuck off into the mountains with a library, a lifetime supply of salted crackers and some cats and forget about everything else.
I mean, you'd be in one hell of a trouble if your house catches fire in the mountain.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: May 08, 2016, 10:15:51 am »

Not insignificant portions of the province I live in are currently fire. Its gotten the the point that a freaking mid-sized town was completely evacuated and large portions of it are probably going to be mostly unsalvageable after this. I'll probably be fine because rivers and science, but STILL. This is some pretty serious business. And if climate change keeps intensifying, this sort of thing'll happen more often in more places. Its at times like this that I want to just fuck off into the mountains with a library, a lifetime supply of salted crackers and some cats and forget about everything else.
I mean, you'd be in one hell of a trouble if your house catches fire in the mountain.
Not if he carves his house into the mountain, like a real dwarf would.
No, he'd be in even more trouble because the stone is ON FIRE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: May 08, 2016, 10:27:10 am »

What kind of pansy stone is on fire? The stupid semi-molten rock you need exploits to mine?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: May 08, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »

The answer is carbon!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16099 on: May 08, 2016, 10:58:29 pm »

Nitrogen
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: May 08, 2016, 11:14:56 pm »

Technically this happened a few days ago, but eh.
I'd been reading about Arachnophobia on TVTropes despite my already crippling, well, arachnophobia and was now on an intensified fear gauntlet of THERE'S A SPIDER ABOVE YOU RIGHT NOW, DON'T GO TO THE BATHROOM BECAUSE SPIDERS, EVERYTHING IS SPIDERS despite the lack of sense poisonous spiders from the Amazon being in Connecticut makes.

In the shower I am washing my hair with the curtain half-closed (constant less-crippling dear that I will be murdered in the shower) and said curtain's shadow is calmly covering half of the shower wall when FUCKING SPIDER oh, wait, no, that's my hand casting its own shadow, holy shit
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: May 08, 2016, 11:20:47 pm »

The animal I find scariest is actually the gorilla, although I'll never be in a position for one to attack me. Sure there are, like, lions and sharks and things that could kill you, and things like crocodiles and whales that are technically stronger under certain circumstances or actions, but the gorilla is not only on land and smart, but it is a 500 pound brick of pure muscle, that's smart enough to track you down and strong enough to savage you completely, just... basically slam you apart or crumple you into a ball of broken bones and sadness

gorillas mang

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: May 08, 2016, 11:25:38 pm »

Thankfully gorillas are essentially tiny little baby kittens that know sign language until you liss them off, and spiders are essentially tiny little scared weirdos until you piss them off (but can't do shit unless they're venomous) so neither will end up killing us in the near, likely future.

but im still paranoid
Black lives matter.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: May 08, 2016, 11:49:17 pm »

I would think its not healthy to be thinking of gorillas as tiny friendly kittens until you piss them off. Remember, they're apes, and they have more in common with us than just that. They seem more like your enormously muscular uncle with a learning disability and little self control. And all those lovely hormones that come with being an adult ape. They're great pals when they're feeling good.
Kittens don't try sign language. They don't think they're bigger than you because they're not. You can baby talk with them all you want and they're too stupid to even recognize it. Their temper tantrums won't kill you even if they do, their little pride can suck it up. They might pee on your pillow, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: May 09, 2016, 01:01:08 am »

The calcium gates open!

[/obscure in-joke]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:03:09 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: May 09, 2016, 01:52:19 am »

@Caroline:You will do just fine.  Panicking will not do you any good.  Just, calm down and do your best.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16107 on: May 09, 2016, 05:05:45 am »

Just did a forum search on the sads thread...
Search results for: girl
Pages: [1]
2 3 ... 34[/size]
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: May 09, 2016, 05:20:50 am »

That's a not-insignificant fraction of posts, yikes.
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: May 09, 2016, 11:31:33 am »

Exactly.

Go forth and electrify. With the hundreds of millions of tiny combustion engines implanted in your flesh.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1420