Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965594 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15870 on: March 22, 2016, 09:16:14 am »

I don't know if another Global War on Terrorism is the solution. If it was possible to just "stop terrorism" someone would've done it thirty years ago.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15871 on: March 22, 2016, 09:31:42 am »

I don't know if another Global War on Terrorism is the solution. If it was possible to just "stop terrorism" someone would've done it three thousand years ago.
FTFY

That's like saying "We're going to kill all the haters in the world."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15872 on: March 22, 2016, 09:47:49 am »

But guys, what if we equipped some of the terrorists to fight the other terrorists!  Then they'd all be dead.  What could go wrong??
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15873 on: March 22, 2016, 09:53:22 am »

But guys, what if we equipped some of the terrorists to fight the other terrorists!  Then they'd all be dead.  What could go wrong??
You sir, are qualified to be a National Security Adviser!

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15874 on: March 22, 2016, 09:56:17 am »

It's not as if that hasn't happened
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:26 am »

Killing terrorists is how terrorists reproduce. It's like those trees that can only propagate after wild fires, or the plant pods that explode to launch their seed.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: March 22, 2016, 12:14:44 pm »

Killing terrorists is how terrorists reproduce. It's like those trees that can only propagate after wild fires, or the plant pods that explode to launch their seed.
That sounds like a really weird fetish.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15878 on: March 22, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »

All of our Belgian friends okay? Soon as I read about the attacks I remembered we had people who live in the general area and man.

I hope y'all are okay over there.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15879 on: March 22, 2016, 02:42:22 pm »

All of our Belgian friends okay? Soon as I read about the attacks I remembered we had people who live in the general area and man.

I hope y'all are okay over there.
Any Belgians, for the first time ever, humanity is thinking about something not themselves Wait, Belgians are people too... nevermind
My thoughts go out to you guys.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: March 22, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »

All that I know of are okay, yeah.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #15881 on: March 22, 2016, 07:40:02 pm »

Miauw has confirmed okayness, at the very least, and i'm too oblivious to know other Belgians. In any case, my best wishes go out to you.

I'd say they're more like cancerous tumors, in that it's hard to cut them out without damaging the surrounding tissue. Plus, if you miss a few cells, they'll grow right back. Problem is, if they DON'T get cut out, they'll eventually kill the entire organism, which in this case means killing a large portion of humanity and regressing civilization back to medieval standards/stasis, and that's a GENEROUS estimate. It's actually kind of scary how many parallels you can draw between terrorists and cancer, which includes "pretty much uncurable without extreme measures once it has taken root". I'd say more, but this isn't the "things that made you fume with hatred today" thread. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: March 22, 2016, 07:45:05 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: March 22, 2016, 07:49:15 pm »

Yeah, I caught that in the happy thread. It made me feel much better. I mean, I know it wasn't a lot of people injured all told, but they're all just people trying to live, man.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: March 22, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »

So if we want to end terrorism, you have to make terrorists immortal?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1057 1058 [1059] 1060 1061 ... 1420