Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964516 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15330 on: January 13, 2016, 11:06:40 pm »

* TheBiggerFish applies hugs as well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #15331 on: January 13, 2016, 11:19:12 pm »

Yeah that sucks
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: January 13, 2016, 11:45:16 pm »

Good luck Flabort's brother.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: January 13, 2016, 11:53:14 pm »

I... kinda feel the need for a hug, right about now.
Ask and you shall receive. Take all the hugs.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:32 am »

Well wow that really sucks dude. *Hugs*

If it's any comfort, even reasonably far-out situations are recoverable, there are recorded instances of people recovering from serious shit.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #15335 on: January 14, 2016, 04:47:55 am »

there are recorded instances of people recovering from serious shit
[insert constipation joke here]
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: January 15, 2016, 12:13:39 am »

there are recorded instances of people recovering from serious shit
[insert constipation joke here]
OK, that and sending me to VectorHugThread for mutual support hugs, those both made me smile. Thanks guys, I knew Bay12 was a good place to get support.

Not much news right now; it's scary, he's in a coma, but I'm told that the less brain activity there is the better chance his brain will have at recovery. We still don't know if the brain-bleed was a stroke or something else, or what caused whatever caused the brain-bleed, which is scary as fuck, but having your support and the support of my family is helping.

Yes, as far as recovery goes, he's already passed a milestone - three years ago doctors only estimated a couple months life expectancy, but he's alive now thanks to the help those same doctors gave him. I hope - nay, believe - that this cannot be the end of it, that he will recover from this too. I... I'm just scared out of my wits with the thought that he might not. So, I really appreciate the help.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: January 15, 2016, 12:49:16 am »

Best of luck to you both, and stay calm as best you can. :/
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: January 15, 2016, 03:38:11 am »

* Tiruin gives flabort a big hug, in spirit.
Best of luck to you both, and stay calm as best you can. :/
Best wishes from across the seas, here, flabort [and anyone else in similar situations]
OK, that and sending me to VectorHugThread for mutual support hugs, those both made me smile. Thanks guys, I knew Bay12 was a good place to get support.
:)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:43:47 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:16 am »

@flabort:I'm glad we can help.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: January 15, 2016, 11:30:53 pm »

I have an interview thing tomorrow for a highly competitive position on campus that I really want to be a part of. This is the second year I'm applying. I've gotten through to the last stage, which is a combo group-work exercise and individual interview. They already cut the original pool of ~500 applicants down to ~180 or so, and there are about ~60 spots open. Interviews have always been...meh for me though, and these are pretty intense too.

Seriously though, I'm trying to come up with answer-scenarios for every possible question and my memory is so terrible.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: January 16, 2016, 01:41:17 am »

Don't try to memorize everything you can imagine. That's like impossible. Just keep calm and answer truthfully, take a moment to think instead of blurting out the first words in your head, and you'll look more confident and collected as well as be able to maintain your cool better.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: January 18, 2016, 12:14:23 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0hlW94HGAg

Oi wei, filming how you brutally beat your fellow student, and those girls gotta have children probably as shitty as them.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: January 19, 2016, 04:10:51 pm »

Fuck me. I just got a call from my bank about a weird transaction on my debit card today. ~$200 at Target in Minnesota. I never authorized it. I'm in Texas. I lost my wallet for a bit a few weeks earlier. If it wasn't because of that, maybe it was some online thing.

Holy shit my caaaard my moooney my identity ooooh god. Identity possibly stolen. Card compromised. Panic panic panic panic.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: January 19, 2016, 05:40:44 pm »

Fuck me. I just got a call from my bank about a weird transaction on my debit card today. ~$200 at Target in Minnesota. I never authorized it. I'm in Texas. I lost my wallet for a bit a few weeks earlier. If it wasn't because of that, maybe it was some online thing.

Holy shit my caaaard my moooney my identity ooooh god. Identity possibly stolen. Card compromised. Panic panic panic panic.
Fraud alert it, freeze it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1420