Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964259 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15180 on: December 21, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »

All my friends are getting in relationships and I'm going to die alone and unencumbered.

Fixed :)
I'm not disagreeing with that sentiment, I actually have a pretty big genetic background of problems with women. But most of those problems come as a direct consequence of either being married or having children or both, so that's relatively avoidable.
I'm losing either way but at least one way is sort of conforming to what's expected of me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15181 on: December 21, 2015, 07:07:41 pm »

All my friends are getting in relationships and I'm going to die alone and unencumbered.

Just remember this: We are all born alone, we all die alone, we all live alone. No-one will ever taste what another person tastes or see exactly what another person sees as another person sees it. No-one we will ever feel what another person feels or think what they think how they thought it. Everyone is an island surrounded by a barren sea. We are all alone, and all we see and seem is but a shadow on the wall of our minds. So it is, so it always will be.

Merry Christmas.

And that philosophical wank aside, generally it is nicer to have company.
Married people tend to live longer and happier for a reason, after all.

But don't stress it. You've got plenty of time.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15182 on: December 21, 2015, 07:22:20 pm »

I feel like I just walked into an ambush and was violently mugged of my last shreds of dignity.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #15183 on: December 21, 2015, 07:28:16 pm »

What even is that, job agency group therapy? :S

More likely to have someone around to call for an Ambulance? :)

...Hmm, yeah I seem to be in a dark 'humour' mood today for some reason. Or is that everyday? xD

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15184 on: December 21, 2015, 07:29:12 pm »

@Yoink:I don't think it was well-thought-out, that's for sure...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15185 on: December 21, 2015, 07:38:36 pm »

I feel like I just walked into an ambush and was violently mugged of my last shreds of dignity.

It's almost like you'll have to deal with other people if you ever get a job :v
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15186 on: December 21, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

I'm sure there are still jobs for vampire bookkeepers out there. Somewhere.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #15187 on: December 21, 2015, 07:43:12 pm »

I have a friend who works the night shift at a supermarket that doesn't actually open at night, so he's stocking shelves and moving stuff around in back as needed. As he tells it, not a lot of social interaction involved.

His potential vampiric state is still undetermined at the time of writing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15188 on: December 21, 2015, 09:05:45 pm »

-snip-
I know... that's the main reason I'm unemployed.
But, you know, even most jobs aren't quite that terrifying. Unless you're working the counter in some busy store/restaurant, I guess, and my general incompetence/partial deafness would probably prevent me from getting such a job in the first place. >.>

Edit:
What even is that, job agency group therapy? :S
I'd never heard of such a thing, that's for sure.
I think it may have been mostly due to the agency being overworked and understaffed around Christmas time, so they just chuck everyone into a room to sort things out in some sort of wild, bloodthirsty dole-bludging free-for-all and get it over with. Although I think someone mentioned they do this normally, too. This is the first actual 'appointment' I've had with this group, so I'm not sure.
From my initial meeting I actually thought they were kinda competent...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:08:40 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15189 on: December 21, 2015, 10:43:11 pm »

-snip-
I know... that's the main reason I'm unemployed.
But, you know, even most jobs aren't quite that terrifying. Unless you're working the counter in some busy store/restaurant, I guess, and my general incompetence/partial deafness would probably prevent me from getting such a job in the first place. >.>

Are there manufacturing/industrial openings near you? Depending on where they put you, you might only speak to a few different people throughout the day. Extended interactions mind, but nothing like whatever it was your employment agency was trying to accomplish if your experience is anything like mine. Plus you'll probably have a higher starting pay than you would in retail.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15190 on: December 22, 2015, 12:08:28 am »

Just remember this: We are all born alone, we all die alone, we all live alone. No-one will ever taste what another person tastes or see exactly what another person sees as another person sees it. No-one we will ever feel what another person feels or think what they think how they thought it. Everyone is an island surrounded by a barren sea. We are all alone, and all we see and seem is but a shadow on the wall of our minds. So it is, so it always will be.

Merry Christmas.

And that philosophical wank aside, generally it is nicer to have company.

But don't stress it. You've got plenty of time.

Ehm, you are taking into account only awesome wife scenario. Dont forget about the ones, which are full of desire to yell and dominate over everything.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15191 on: December 22, 2015, 12:49:02 am »

why would you marry someone like that in the first place though
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15192 on: December 22, 2015, 01:48:26 am »

Sex and religious fundamentalism, or just exceedingly poor judgment.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15193 on: December 22, 2015, 02:04:24 am »

Ehm, you are taking into account only awesome wife scenario. Dont forget about the ones, which are full of desire to yell and dominate over everything.
But that can sound fun to certain people in certain situations...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15194 on: December 22, 2015, 08:04:20 am »

But that can sound fun to certain people in certain situations...
It's more WTF material, honestly, but I noticed a weird... subculture, with books and 'witty' quotes and all that's pretty much exclusively female and actively celebrates their own assholishness, at least round these parts. I mean, you could make the case that Nice Guys (TM) are the male equivalent, but there, that's more of a means to an end.

I've just had a situation with a girl that decided that since I normally am friendly and don't look threatening, she can treat me like shit (spoiler alert: wrong), so I'm not 100% objective here ATM, but still.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 1420