Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964975 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14850 on: November 20, 2015, 08:08:55 am »

Well, prions and parasites are one concern; but another thing is, it's pretty much all springing from the same source - eating your own species is the equivalent of putting up a bullseye with a 'COMPATIBLE HOSTS HERE' written underneath on yourself. Viruses, bacteria, prions, whatever - if it infected your dinner, it has a 99% chance of being able to infect you too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: November 20, 2015, 08:48:32 am »

THEY COOK BABIES IN CHINA
That same set of pictures has been circulating on the net for many, many years. All the venerable old-school shock sites like Rotten and Ogrish used to feature the pics at regular intervals, and I'm pretty sure I first saw them when I was in middle school---well over a decade ago.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: November 20, 2015, 09:10:06 am »

Therefore, you should eat only young and healthy people.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: November 20, 2015, 03:17:39 pm »

Like babies! See, that's why the Chinese were right all along. Child chow mein, anyone?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: November 20, 2015, 03:49:41 pm »

Apparently there are health concerns related to eating human blood/brains, though, I believe?
From what I vaguely remember reading in the past you just have to make sure it's cooked well.
Not good enough to stop the prions which cause those diseases I listed. According to the Wiki, the process for sterilizing instruments that might have been contaminated with prions involves copious amounts of bleach and lye.
It's because prion diseases are even less alive than viruses are. Where a virus still has a basic wall to hold it together, a prion is basically just a uniquely folded protein that your brain essentially "trips" on, in the process breaking the protein apart into two pieces (each of which then pull parts from their surrounding to become two complete copies of the original). Since it's essentially just a free floating protein in your system without even anything to hold it together, it's even less destroyable than most viruses are, which are basically just a bit of dna surrounded by a protein wall. Less important parts to target and all that jazz.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: November 20, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »

Like babies! See, that's why the Chinese were right all along. Child chow mein, anyone?
Child mein, you could say.

This is one of the few times that English's weird pronunciation is a good thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14856 on: November 20, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »

Child mein, you could say.
*snrk*

I love you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: November 20, 2015, 05:46:30 pm »

Resisting... Urge... To... Sig...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: November 20, 2015, 05:56:14 pm »

Resisting... Urge... To... Sig...
roll a Will save DC 20
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14859 on: November 20, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »

20? That's way too easy. A pun that good is DC 28, at least.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: November 20, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »

20? That's way too easy. A pun that good is DC 28, at least.
Who said anything about PUNS?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14861 on: November 20, 2015, 06:02:58 pm »

I assume you're sigging Cinder's baby-eating pun, and not my confession of love.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: November 20, 2015, 06:07:57 pm »

I assume you're sigging Cinder's baby-eating pun, and not my confession of love.
Well you know what they say about assuming.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: November 20, 2015, 06:12:41 pm »

They make you eat babies?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14864 on: November 20, 2015, 06:16:33 pm »

It forms the basis for pretty much all human interaction?
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1420