Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968000 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14310 on: September 18, 2015, 12:02:35 am »

I like spiders.

My wife has pretty severe arachnophobia.

:(

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: September 18, 2015, 12:03:48 am »

Eugh, I don't like spiders in my room. I don't want to wake up with crushed spiders in my blanket, thanks.

I wish I had a spider tank though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14312 on: September 18, 2015, 12:04:05 am »

The trick is to grab them by the head/thorax and rotate counter-clockwise (or maybe it is clockwise? I dunno, just rotate!) whilst pulling out gently.

My dog is a fucking furry tick magnet, and the "set their butt on fire to make them panic and back out" trick is more likely to set my dog's butt on fire and make her run around the house setting everything else on fire, so....
Yeah that's what we did. You actually aren't supposed to do the fire thing, since it increases the chance of the tick vomiting into you, which increases your chance of catching a disease from them drastically.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: September 18, 2015, 12:29:33 am »

Eugh, I don't like spiders in my room. I don't want to wake up with crushed spiders in my blanket, thanks.
99% sure I don't have that problem.

Maybe they all just crawl in my mouth while asleep.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: September 18, 2015, 12:33:24 am »

99% sure I don't have that problem.

Maybe they all just crawl in my mouth while asleep.
Extra protein!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: September 18, 2015, 05:06:54 am »

I got bitten by what I presume was a spider in my sleep about a month ago. It's still a little red around the bite.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14316 on: September 18, 2015, 05:09:28 am »

Oh GOD, tick vomit.
Black lives matter.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: September 18, 2015, 05:12:45 am »

The trick is to grab them by the head/thorax and rotate counter-clockwise (or maybe it is clockwise? I dunno, just rotate!) whilst pulling out gently.

My dog is a fucking furry tick magnet, and the "set their butt on fire to make them panic and back out" trick is more likely to set my dog's butt on fire and make her run around the house setting everything else on fire, so....
My preferred method is just to smother the exposed are with vaseline/similar, and they pop out on their own to save themselves from suffocation.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: September 18, 2015, 06:17:17 am »

There are many, many daddy-long-legs spiders in my house. They get everywhere and build their webs in corners. They can't bite people and have no interest in doing anything other than hangin' out in their corners and eating small flying insects, a task which I support. The really big fuckers do occasionally get freaky, since they're like two inches across.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: September 18, 2015, 06:20:47 am »

My preferred method is just to smother the exposed are with vaseline/similar, and they pop out on their own to save themselves from suffocation.
Also tick vomit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: September 18, 2015, 06:27:06 am »

Once I saw a spider in my English class and my rather loud outcry of "JeSUS CHRIST", followed by smacking it with my book, was not unnoticed by my classmates.
They laughed.
Meanwhile, everyone nearby also freaked out (because nearby was where the spider was) and my teacher quoted Shakespeare at me about a giant being suddenly smacking me into oblivion simply for existing. Apparently he was pulling my leg.

What Shakespeare passage? That sounds more like Lovecraft than Shakespeare.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: September 18, 2015, 06:44:27 am »

I have no idea what the quote was but he said the bit about the giant being afterwards.
Black lives matter.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: September 18, 2015, 02:34:51 pm »

There are many, many daddy-long-legs spiders in my house. They get everywhere and build their webs in corners. They can't bite people and have no interest in doing anything other than hangin' out in their corners and eating small flying insects, a task which I support. The really big fuckers do occasionally get freaky, since they're like two inches across.
Only two inches? Check out this guy that I found in my bathroom one morning:

(Pinkie tip to thumb tip for me is approximately 7 inches, I have fairly long fingers).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: September 18, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »

We get giant fucking tarantulas at my house, so no, I don't like spiders.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: September 19, 2015, 07:07:44 pm »

We get giant fucking tarantulas at my house, so no, I don't like spiders.
They are big and dramatic and wussy. If pushed you'll see them do the threat display with the raised legs and fangs and hissing, but they're way too delicate to worry about. They'll fang ya if they have to, but they'd much prefer you go "HOLY GODS WHY DOES THAT CAT HAVE FOUR EXTRA LEGS OH SHIT IT ISN'T A CAT AT ALL WHAT THE HELL" and run away so they can do the same.

Then you get super docile spiders that flat out won't fang you unless you're actively damaging them.
Orb weavers like Mrs. Elvira here, Aurantia Argiopes, are utter cowards. Most people who have been near one have probably seen them do the little web bounce thing?

Trying to look bigger and scarier so you'll go away.

Then you find one that got knocked down by a storm and let her walk up on your hand where you learn that not only are they little scaredy-cat-spiders, they're also clumsy as hell.

Wobbly old lady spiders, need a little spider walker for her. Actually had to catch her a couple times when she tipped over. "Whoa, you ok there ma'am?"

She just walks from hand to hand, webbing me up in case she falls, once she realized I wasn't a threat she calmed right down and hung out. It was chilly outside so I think she liked the heating rock effect. Had to prod her before she'd leave and walk onto the bush where I put her.
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1420