Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967730 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14295 on: September 17, 2015, 02:17:36 am »

Actually, I could swear I saw somebody doing the chicken on his way out one time. Probably not a fan per se, though. Robots doing robot things are really boring unless you went through the harrowing/awesome process of building the thing, in which case it's merely boring, with the anticipation of fixing whatever goes wrong after. Seriously, the !fun! part is also the fun part.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: September 17, 2015, 12:25:31 pm »

Ticks r scary. Little squashy bags of disease-filled blood and teeth? NOPE.
As a person who actually managed to pick up lyme disease from a tick bite I can definitely agree with this. (Luckily I was watching the bite so when a rash started to show about a week later I got right in to the doctor. I did manage to kill the little bugger either in my sleep or just through pure bloody awesomeness though, when I found him in the morning to remove him he was definitely already dead, which actually made him a bit more difficult to remove since it meant he wouldn't let go. :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14297 on: September 17, 2015, 12:38:19 pm »

The trick is to grab them by the head/thorax and rotate counter-clockwise (or maybe it is clockwise? I dunno, just rotate!) whilst pulling out gently.

My dog is a fucking furry tick magnet, and the "set their butt on fire to make them panic and back out" trick is more likely to set my dog's butt on fire and make her run around the house setting everything else on fire, so....
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14298 on: September 17, 2015, 02:02:16 pm »

When The Fallen enters the battlefield, all players take 500 SAN damage.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14299 on: September 17, 2015, 02:03:22 pm »

I've got that card.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14300 on: September 17, 2015, 05:03:42 pm »

Hmmm, personally I would post this in the cute thread because they remind me of wobbly little old ladies, but maybe this is a better spot.

Spoiler: Meet Elvira. (click to show/hide)

I had been documenting the big orb weaver that was set up on the front porch (Mrs. Skarlett) but she got killed by a storm, found Elvira there trying to climb the slippery metal door so I did the obvious thing: picked her up to take pictures!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #14301 on: September 17, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »

Hmmm, personally I would post this in the cute thread because they remind me of wobbly little old ladies, but maybe this is a better spot.

I had been documenting the big orb weaver that was set up on the front porch (Mrs. Skarlett) but she got killed by a storm, found Elvira there trying to climb the slippery metal door so I did the obvious thing: picked her up to take pictures!

Orbs are complete bros.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14302 on: September 17, 2015, 09:19:07 pm »

Orbs are complete bros.

I think you've forgotten the handy rhyme thing for categorizing animals:

Four legs: Good
Two legs: Better
Six legs: OK, I guess
Eight legs: Kill it with fire
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14303 on: September 17, 2015, 09:21:10 pm »

Swap the last two and you got it.
Except bees, bees are bros too.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14304 on: September 17, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »

All forms of life other than cats and sheep are evil and must be purged
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #14305 on: September 17, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

All forms of life other than cats and sheep are evil and must be purged

He's right.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14306 on: September 17, 2015, 09:46:15 pm »

Spiderrrrrr <3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14307 on: September 17, 2015, 10:25:31 pm »

Once I saw a spider in my English class and my rather loud outcry of "JeSUS CHRIST", followed by smacking it with my book, was not unnoticed by my classmates.
They laughed.
Meanwhile, everyone nearby also freaked out (because nearby was where the spider was) and my teacher quoted Shakespeare at me about a giant being suddenly smacking me into oblivion simply for existing. Apparently he was pulling my leg.
Black lives matter.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14308 on: September 17, 2015, 10:30:32 pm »

I'm that weird kid in class who try to pick the spider up with paper and get it outside. Though I did once stamp something that looked like a brown recluse to death. Because I'm not taking chances with those.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14309 on: September 17, 2015, 10:55:07 pm »

I'm that weird kid in class who try to pick the spider up with paper and get it outside. Though I did once stamp something that looked like a brown recluse to death. Because I'm not taking chances with those.
Apparently I too am the weird kid. Only instead of trying to pick up the spider and take it out I let it chill and do its spider thing. My bedroom has lots of little spiders living in the nooks and crannies and corners. I even have a spider under the window-mounted air conditioning unit that's had spider babies! Which I vacuumed up once they hatched to try and keep the spider population under control. sorry.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 952 953 [954] 955 956 ... 1420