Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965929 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14100 on: August 25, 2015, 03:15:16 pm »

I appear to have misplaced a flute which cost the better part of my life savings.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14101 on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:05 pm »

Edit: I don't even know.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:58:39 pm by Arx »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: August 25, 2015, 03:58:28 pm »

twice in a row? goddamn, your savings must be wiped out completely now

best of luck in finding at least one of them

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:24 pm »

about had a heart attack when i got pulled over iv only had my license for a week but it was just about forgetting to turn my headlights on i was just running running lights. :o

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: August 26, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

I appear to have misplaced a flute which cost the better part of my life savings.

losing expensive stuff is the worst. I'm currently in the pricess of trying to find a $250 mp3 voice recorder I misplaced and that had all my audio journals on it (which is what I'm really worried about. I got it when it was on a deep discount sale  and didn't actually pay $250 for it; it was cheap once and someday they'll be cheap again, but I can't replace those diary entries).

Do you think your flute is lost lost, or just lost in your house (or somewhere else where you might reasonably find it again)?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:51:55 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: August 26, 2015, 01:48:08 pm »

Taking the bus tomorrow. I've done it countless times, but it still fills me with dread. :x
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14106 on: August 26, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

losing expensive stuff is the worst. I'm currently in the pricess of trying to find a $250 mp3 voice recorder I misplaced and that had all my audio journals on it (which is what I'm really worried about. I got it when it was on a deep discount sale  and didn't actually pay $250 for it; it was cheap once and someday they'll be cheap again, but I can't replace those diary entries).

Do you think your flute is lost lost, or just lost in your house (or somewhere else where you might reasonably find it again)?

It was findable, thankfully, although I had to follow a bit of a fetch-quest chain.

Good luck finding your recorder!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: August 26, 2015, 02:45:53 pm »

1. Glad to hear you found your flute

2. thanks
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: August 26, 2015, 02:48:14 pm »

Good luck on finding that. The thought of losing stuff like that is why I run so many backups of everything. I must have like 2 different backup locations for general stuff, with 3-4 for the more important things, just so that if any one thing is lost or destroyed I can still recover everything irreplaceable.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: August 26, 2015, 08:24:49 pm »

The ironic thing is that I have been on a binge of backing things up recently, but only things that had already been uploaded to my PC.

At any rate, I'll probably find it eventually; if it's anything like the last few things I've misplaced it'll turn up in a couple of weeks later somewhere totally weird like in the medicine cabinet or something or else it'll mysteriously appear somewhere where I already checked half a dozen times. (But until then I'm probably gonna compulsively worry about the possibility that it accidentally fell in the trashcan and got taken out with the trash or got flushed down the toilet or something.)

In my whole life I've only had about five things which got lost like this actually stay lost (2 books, a dvd copy of Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, the disk for Half Life 1, and my high school class ring. I'm about 85% certain that those two books are still around the house somewhere, and the movie doesn't really count because I didn't really put a lot of effort into looking for it. The list used to be longer, but my DVD of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie turned up in the case for one of my Firesign Theater CDs - under the CD - about two years after I gave up looking for it and bought a new copy)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: August 27, 2015, 12:42:17 am »

I realized today I was quite rude to one customer yesterday. Hope I don't get fired/they just let it go/werent one of the managers many local friends. :x
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: August 27, 2015, 07:00:12 am »

Installing an Intel CPU is the most harrowing experience of my life. It feels so wrong.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: August 27, 2015, 10:17:04 am »

My continuous weight loss is starting to freak me out. I never was the Mister Skeltal type, but I've lost more that 10 pounds from January to July and I'm already falling out of clothes I bought last month.

It's probably-slash-hopefully a diet thing, but HYPOCHONDRIA RANGERS GO!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: August 27, 2015, 10:24:02 am »

Just be sure you don't have worms, dude. They'll fuck you up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: August 27, 2015, 10:31:29 am »

Just be sure you don't have worms, dude. They'll fuck you up.
You're telling me, I've had parasites. Twice. First Echinococcosis, then Ascariasis. Just my luck, I guess.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1420