Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976868 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13635 on: July 11, 2015, 05:31:28 pm »

I'm just going to bet on California. Yoink totally looks like a surfer dude. He'd fit right in.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: July 11, 2015, 06:01:12 pm »

Looking at the weather map, I'd probably say he should hope it's the extreme continental north west (or just, y'know, alaska). Much of the country is basically hell right now, and should probably be avoided.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: July 11, 2015, 07:49:04 pm »

Dude, it's Winter here. Sweating my butt off under the glorious desert sun is one of the main things I'm looking forward to!

Also, for starters I'm going to Arizona because that's where I have family over there.
I want to try and see as much of the country as I can, though. Unfortunately I can't drive or anything so who knows how that will work out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: July 11, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »

Unless your family are filthy rich to afford all that gas, and you're staying for a few years, you're not gonna see more than a tiny fragment of all the neat things, but good luck anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: July 11, 2015, 08:12:37 pm »

If you want to experience a different country to it's fullest, you should go and eat the cheapest food possible in the most out of the way places. In the US, it's probably Chinese or Mexican food though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: July 11, 2015, 09:03:04 pm »

Yeah, local diners aren't usually the cheapest you can find. Street venders are often even worse. dirt-heapest has to be mcdoodleds. Which is literally fecal matter through-and-through.

Gas stations are a possibility, but you won't enjoy the experience.

You can always get ahold of a dirt bike and play around in the desert. Admire the rocks.
I make Spellcrafts!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: July 11, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »

... micky-Ds really isn't that cheap, generally. The dollar menu stuff is the closest you get to it, and that's still overpriced like most restaurant stuff is. Fast food in general is pretty rough on the price/ounce ratios, even though they also tend to be pretty good at making you think they aren't. Even then, MD usually isn't the cheapest. There's smaller fast food places that often manage to top even it re: the (comparatively) low price/low quality contest.

Don't really know what sort of joints arizona has, though. Think I rode through it once, but that was about it. Most of my familiarity with eating out is south-east, and woefully out of date since its been years since I've gone to a restaurant under my own initiative :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: July 12, 2015, 12:13:41 am »

My brother apparently has some plan of exploring (at least some of) the country via bus.
Now that seems like a long shot to me, but I'm guessing he's actually done some research into it. I know there are some cool places in and around the town we'll be staying in, at least, but I want to try and make at least to a few of the surrounding states while I'm over there. Maybe I could even check out California... or Colorado.

I don't particularly like the idea of spending my trip laid up with food poisoning, so no taco bell or McDonalds, I'm afraid. :P
Not that I get food poisoning easily, but... the horror stories I've heard from Taco Bell. Yikes. I might also end up flying to Canada, but that sounds kind of unpleasant. Does that place actually have a summer, or is it just frigid all year 'round?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: July 12, 2015, 12:45:22 am »

Yes it has a summer. It also has mosquitoes.

Bus trip sounds cool, if you dont mind the bus part. Can take you all over the country that way. I guess you can sleep on the bus, investigate places, get back on bus...

Also, should visit Yellowstone. Promise it won't go boom while you're there! Microbial mats man~~
I make Spellcrafts!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: July 12, 2015, 02:23:48 am »

Inb4 Yoink have a party with the Yellowstone Volcano God and accidentally blow up the world.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13645 on: July 12, 2015, 04:26:01 am »

Yellowstone pls no bully

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13646 on: July 12, 2015, 07:58:25 am »

My brother apparently has some plan of exploring (at least some of) the country via bus.
Now that seems like a long shot to me, but I'm guessing he's actually done some research into it. I know there are some cool places in and around the town we'll be staying in, at least, but I want to try and make at least to a few of the surrounding states while I'm over there. Maybe I could even check out California... or Colorado.

I don't particularly like the idea of spending my trip laid up with food poisoning, so no taco bell or McDonalds, I'm afraid. :P
Not that I get food poisoning easily, but... the horror stories I've heard from Taco Bell. Yikes. I might also end up flying to Canada, but that sounds kind of unpleasant. Does that place actually have a summer, or is it just frigid all year 'round?
YES THERE'S A GODDAMN SUMMER
If you want the authetic Canada experience, either go to PEI or Ontario. Or Montréal. Just steer clear of Toronto.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: July 12, 2015, 08:07:54 am »

YES THERE'S A GODDAMN SUMMER
KosS lies. I just checked the weather forecast for toronto. The projected high today doesn't even breach 80F, and to all appearances that's basically the hottest place in the entire freaking country. That's barely goddamn spring.

Also yeah, you can get most major places in the country by bus. You'll probably even survive the trip!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:09:54 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: July 12, 2015, 08:18:04 am »

well tajikistan is at a toasty 40 celsius right now so go there for your warmth i guess?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: July 12, 2015, 03:41:55 pm »

Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1420