Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976044 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13275 on: June 06, 2015, 07:35:55 am »

I was riding my bike through a forest. I stopped to drink, when I heard something like a scream turning into a loud inhalation, coming from everywhere at once. It lasted about 20 seconds. Noped right out of there.
Skinwalkers
Manbearpig
French doggers
Nazi ghost pirates
Belgians
GABEN
ur mom
waifu
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: June 06, 2015, 07:38:52 am »

No quote ziggurats.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: June 06, 2015, 07:53:22 am »

I was riding my bike through a forest. I stopped to drink, when I heard something like a scream turning into a loud inhalation, coming from everywhere at once. It lasted about 20 seconds. Noped right out of there.
As a more serious (but still hella weird) answer...

Foxes. Fox cries are hella weird and have been mistaken for people screaming several times.

The description does make it sound a lot like a fox, but it could also have been a (flock of) deer of some sort. Deer animals usually sounds very  little like you would expect them to from that "thin cows on stilts" look.
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: June 06, 2015, 07:54:07 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: June 06, 2015, 08:06:08 am »

Sitting on a public toilet. Hopefully I don't die.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: June 06, 2015, 08:10:58 am »

Sitting on a public toilet. Hopefully I don't die.
One minute of silence for our dear comrade.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13281 on: June 06, 2015, 09:32:47 am »

You guys should go to any plethora of countries where the toilets are holes in the ground

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: June 06, 2015, 09:46:46 am »

A split-second power outage might just have corrupted (part of) my main desktop's hard drive. I'm writing this on my laptop as the desktop's running diagnostics. All I can do is hope nothing important was lost.

Update: All I lost was my stats in Microsoft Freecell. Goodbye, 3500+ win streak, but that could have ended worse.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:00:22 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: June 06, 2015, 09:52:53 am »

When it comes to public toilets, I tend to lift the lid and seatup, squat and basically hover an inch or two over it. Like hell I'm catching legionairre's from a sodding toilet.

You get legionnaire's disease from inhaling droplets of (usually warm/stale) water in the air. You should be fine unless you stick your head in the toilet and splash the water with your hands. If legionellas even live in the toilet - might not be warm and stale enough, plus it gets circulated a lot. A fountain in a lobby is much more likely to fuck you up with that particular illness, good sir, but at least you'll be stricken with style in that case.

Also I'm sure there's a whole bunch of other amusing things you can catch from a public toilet, but none of them ought to be too bad unless you're not a fan of washing your hands as far as I know. Even WebMD says it's okay, and they're all about telling you how you've got an incurable ailment that will probably kill you in the near future if you don't seek medical help. And it's not a fluke either, because they tell you to quickly run away once you flush, so they're in top form as usual.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:57:04 am by Harry Baldman »

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: June 06, 2015, 10:03:44 am »

A split-second power outage might just have corrupted (part of) my main desktop's hard drive. I'm writing this on my laptop as the desktop's running diagnostics. All I can do is hope nothing important was lost.

Update: All I lost was my stats in Microsoft Freecell. Goodbye, 3500+ win streak, but that could have ended worse.
Wait, what? Freecell can actually be won?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: June 06, 2015, 10:11:12 am »

Enough boredom has given me the ability to perform normally impossible feats, as long as they do nothing but kill time.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: June 06, 2015, 10:25:05 am »

First thing that came to mind to encapsulate the spirit of strange abominations of science, chemical concoctions, and letting random creatures loose in the woods. :v

Also I was reading Girl Genius a few weeks back so that probably got involved too.

Wouldn't a generic mad scientist be sufficient for that?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13287 on: June 06, 2015, 11:50:18 am »

Just finished watching V/H/S/2. I thought I'd never ever find a POV film that I'd like, a horror film that'd thrill me, scare me and horrify me, nor would I expect a found footage film of all things to be that tense. It's a bit like cabin in the woods, where it is basically all the horror films. You got your two protagonists who have found some VHS tapes...
Spoiler: loose spoilers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: big spoilers (click to show/hide)
Wotch it yh, well gud

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: June 06, 2015, 03:33:36 pm »

That pseudospider has spent past 8 hours observing me, now it's facing away. It's planning something.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: June 06, 2015, 03:56:56 pm »

It got bored waiting for you to go to sleep, now its just washing its blood-strawspedipalps.

By the way, out of curiosity, what sort of not-spider is this not-spider? Like a solifugid or harvestman?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1420