Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1975715 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13080 on: May 28, 2015, 11:05:20 pm »

Don't worry, it was just enjoying the vibrations. Totally not planning on eating your family.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #13081 on: May 28, 2015, 11:53:43 pm »

Mild discomfort in my lower right abdomen.

Not even really painful, but I can't stop think about my appendix.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13082 on: May 28, 2015, 11:55:06 pm »

I am once again browsing through r/paranormal and r/nosleep and reading various urban legends and ghost rituals in various seedy corners of the internet. T'is now almost 12:00 at night and I'm too deep to stop now.

On the one hand, this shit is interesting. On the other hand, why do I do this shit at night.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13083 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:11 am »

I am once again browsing through r/paranormal and r/nosleep and reading various urban legends and ghost rituals in various seedy corners of the internet. T'is now almost 12:00 at night and I'm too deep to stop now.

On the one hand, this shit is interesting. On the other hand, why do I do this shit at night.
No, no, that's always how you should do it.
I feel going balls deep into creepypasta may be a subconscious way of torturing ourselves.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13084 on: May 29, 2015, 01:09:59 am »

No, no, that's always how you should do it.
I feel going balls deep into creepypasta may be a subconscious way of torturing ourselves.
It is now 1 in the morning, I'm done reading, there's heavy rain, winds, and a thunderstorm outside, and I'm chilling in front of my computer listening to vocaloid metal while chuckling at how silly all these rituals are and there'd be no way of some presence lurking over me simply because I read about it--and then a tree branch brushes into the window from the wind and I almost lay a brick egg.

I should sleep.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13085 on: May 29, 2015, 01:24:55 am »

First week as a manager also happens to be the end of the month, which is always a crazy time in the freight forwarding world.  For financial and book keeping reasons, everyone always wants stuff they order in one month to deliver before the next.  So always lots of bending over backwards for the stuff coming in last minute.  On top of that, I get to deal with the consequences of some major fuck ups tomorrow.  Ugh... Not looking forward to it.  And its 2:30 am and I can't sleep.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13086 on: May 29, 2015, 01:41:39 am »

Oh shit, am I secretly Bizarro Yoink or something?
I just decided that I was bored of gaming and browsing the internet and went to study instead. O____O
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13087 on: May 29, 2015, 01:43:32 am »

First week as a manager also happens to be the end of the month, which is always a crazy time in the freight forwarding world.  For financial and book keeping reasons, everyone always wants stuff they order in one month to deliver before the next.  So always lots of bending over backwards for the stuff coming in last minute.  On top of that, I get to deal with the consequences of some major fuck ups tomorrow.

Bureaucracy sucks
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13088 on: May 29, 2015, 02:16:07 am »

Ech, as I said, I know one person who did for philosophical reasons. Our ancestors didn't shower or bathe, and they survived just fine.
They also had child mortality rates up around 80%, and many of them suffered from horrible diseases brought about by uncleanliness. (And they spent much more time out in the rain than we do :P).

Honestly, in a sense refusing any sort of personal hygiene isn't that different from refusing to be vaccinated; it only works because the vast majority of people don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope
Note that living a life of pseudo-poverty in the great outdoors doesn't mean not taking care of yourself. You could just as easily bathe in the river for free when you are poor as when you are rich.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13089 on: May 29, 2015, 04:01:18 am »

I became a fully qualified air traffic controller today. We'll be handling real traffic from Wednesday. This worries me.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13090 on: May 29, 2015, 07:34:59 am »

I became a fully qualified air traffic controller today. We'll be handling real traffic from Wednesday. This worries me.
Fucken congrats, man/woman/nonbinary gender noun!

That's so cool.

That's cooler than the waters off Queen Maud Land, mate.

No, srsly, it's probably the most bitchin' news I've ever heard in this thread.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13091 on: May 29, 2015, 08:20:26 am »

Apparently my girlfriend doesn't vote, or votes only sporadically.

Maybe I'm a good citizen after all.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13092 on: May 29, 2015, 08:30:11 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:14:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13093 on: May 29, 2015, 11:45:50 am »

Fucken congrats, man/woman/nonbinary gender noun!

That's so cool.

That's cooler than the waters off Queen Maud Land, mate.

No, srsly, it's probably the most bitchin' news I've ever heard in this thread.
Thanks, fella/lady.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13094 on: May 29, 2015, 01:11:26 pm »

Last fall I found out that most of the people I work with don't vote. Great stuff.

The fact that so few people vote in most places is still quite weird to me. I mean here it's just compulsory, so everyone votes. If you time it right so you're at the polling both at a quiet time it takes about 10 minutes to go in stick a few numbers on a couple of pieces of papers & be out. So 10 minutes, around twice every 3? years or so is too much effort for most people?
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1420