Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1975436 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12840 on: May 08, 2015, 07:17:59 pm »

Exit polls on the UK elections show a Tory lead. This being the party who are claiming responsibility for the growth that occurred conveniently around the time when they reduced the austerity they themselves introduced. And are killing the NHS.....
I feel that every major party would kill the NHS whilst vehemently denying killing the NHS.
Influential Politicians: "Privatisation is good for the economy!"
Literally Everyone Else: "gib healthcare plox, why yuo want be like muricaland?"
Influential Politicians: "They've privatised almost every part of the government! It must be a utopia!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12841 on: May 09, 2015, 11:05:15 pm »

Follow up to previous post:

My theater group is possibly made up of rock stars. God damn if that wasn't the scariest piece of fun I've had in a long time. So glad I decided to act this time around, instead of tech.

Now please excuse me while I enter a pleasant coma which I will be rudely awakened from by Mother's Day brunch.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: May 09, 2015, 11:29:29 pm »

So remember a while back when I said our house was infested with brown recluses and all the terrible things they are? Well, we called an exterminator and supposedly they were gone. And do you know what I found in my room just now? ANOTHER FUCKING BROWN RECLUSE

Fuck Texas, this is worse than Australia. I will take redbacks over brown recluses any day.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:37:37 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12843 on: May 09, 2015, 11:57:46 pm »

Fuck Texas, this is worse than Australia. I will take redbacks over brown recluses any day.
That's like stepping on a lego, then saying you'd rather have your entire floor covered in burning coals.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: May 10, 2015, 12:59:23 am »

That's like stepping on a lego, then saying you'd rather have your entire floor covered in burning coals.
So, prefectly reasonable?
If flameboy covered the floor in burning coals he'll probably have less of a spider problem. Also less of a house. Because it burned down. But hey, no spiders!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: May 10, 2015, 01:12:28 am »

So, prefectly reasonable?
If flameboy covered the floor in burning coals he'll probably have less of a spider problem. Also less of a house. Because it burned down. But hey, no spiders!
Worth it. Necrosis-inflicting spiders are nothing compared to immolation.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: May 10, 2015, 02:09:40 am »

Just be glad nature hasn't developed a working prototype of the necro-pyro spider yet. Then you could burn to death from the outside in while rotting from the inside out!

Or a spider with venom that inflicts the sensation of all of your tissues being set aflame, whilst being paralysed while you watch the flesh rot off your bones. And they're not as large as they were back in the carboniferous.

Basically, just thank god reality isn't Dwarf Fortress, and you do t have to worry about forgotten beasts. Sweet dreams.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: May 10, 2015, 02:30:48 am »

No. But it has developed things like the Giant Amazon Leech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFssw7WGJNE     Possibly unpleasant video if you dislike parasites
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12848 on: May 10, 2015, 09:23:13 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFssw7WGJNE     Possibly unpleasant video if you dislike parasites
dear god it's huge kill it kill it splatter it all over the walls
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: May 11, 2015, 07:12:41 am »

That leech is pretty big. There's no way one person could sustain it, I don't think.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12850 on: May 11, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »

The shrink-wrap machine at work. It's pretty old-school.

Just a super-heated piece of wire wrapped around an arm that you manually pull down. This is to melt plastic, creating a seal around what you are trying to wrap. Then it goes into an oven where the heat shrinks the plastic to tighten the wrapping around the goods.

I keep worrying that the spring-loaded arm will pimp-slap me one day as it is coming back up. Or that the springs in the arm will fail as I reach in to grab something, and burn my arms off or something.

At least the wound would be cauterized.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: May 12, 2015, 11:35:24 am »

Have any of you heard of the McCollough effect? I did it six hours ago and my brain is still broken.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: May 12, 2015, 11:50:38 am »

I ate a thing of microwave sweet and sour rice.

After, I absently checked the use by date.

November 2010.

Gods have mercy upon me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: May 12, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »

Hopefully It's one of the times where the expiration date doesn't seem to matter. Because if not, dear lord.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: May 12, 2015, 01:09:15 pm »

I'd recommend eating some activated coal or Enterosgel or whatever adsorbent they use wherever you are. Just in case.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1420