Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968542 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #11820 on: January 30, 2015, 12:57:53 pm »

And then it happens again in the year 40k, because the same logic applies due to the grim darkness and only war and that.
So it's also a future tradition. Future Tradition would be a good name for a post-punk band.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: January 30, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »

Well yeah, it's going to be different from culture to culture, time period to time period, and even different time periods within the same culture.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: January 30, 2015, 01:01:36 pm »

The explanation I've heard is that pink was associated with boys sometime in the Renaissance, being a lighter version of red, which is the color of blood and murder and therefore manly (beats me), and dark blue is the color of Virgin Mary, something something.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11823 on: January 30, 2015, 01:02:46 pm »

Well, until recently.

Time was, pink was associated with blood and violence (what with being kinda like a bright red) and blue was all calming and feminine.

Then the feminists went and buggered it up. Thanks, you colour-chart-ruining monsters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fakeedit: Bedamned ninjahs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11824 on: January 30, 2015, 02:54:50 pm »

In my dream, my classmates and I were sent to a massive pet shop place. Random pets were set loose, if we could catch one, we'd get to adopt it. Everyone caught all the pets quickly, and I had none. I eventually caught a stereotypical pink poodle, but it ran away. The I found a tiny brown-and-white chinchilla that turned pink and white when scared, I had to look at its color to know how scared it was to be able to sneak up and catch it.
Actually, I take back everything I said about the colour pink. That sounds amazing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: January 30, 2015, 03:33:06 pm »

Terror: I collected a bunch of professional references today. I'm going to finalize applying for that tech job soon. I hope I have enough references. I'm terrified that the job will be closed or I'm going to screw this up somehow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: January 30, 2015, 09:18:16 pm »

Can't you delete or at least selectively edit incriminating details out of your history?
...There's something wrong with visiting B12 and speaking about what troubles you?
'HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!' wouldn't be out of the question.
^This, plus the fact that I read about videogames (yes, this makes her pisse), that I talk with 'strangers' on the internet, that I have given these people my general location, that I hid something from her, that I am trans, among many others.

She'd probably think that I'm an ungrateful crybaby, you're all mentally sick pedophilic murderrapists and you infected me with the gays and I'm going to hell.

My dad... When I was nine or ten he once slapped me across the face and screamed at me for even mentioning a dream I had that had the color pink. I'm scared of what he'd do if he found out.
Somehow I don't think our kidnapping jokes would exactly help your case...

But in more serious note,
* Strange rages internally at parents who can't parent
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: January 30, 2015, 11:08:44 pm »

Can't you delete or at least selectively edit incriminating details out of your history?
...There's something wrong with visiting B12 and speaking about what troubles you?
'HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE ME I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!' wouldn't be out of the question.
^This, plus the fact that I read about videogames (yes, this makes her pisse), that I talk with 'strangers' on the internet, that I have given these people my general location, that I hid something from her, that I am trans, among many others.

She'd probably think that I'm an ungrateful crybaby, you're all mentally sick pedophilic murderrapists and you infected me with the gays and I'm going to hell.

My dad... When I was nine or ten he once slapped me across the face and screamed at me for even mentioning a dream I had that had the color pink. I'm scared of what he'd do if he found out.
Somehow I don't think our kidnapping jokes would exactly help your case...

But in more serious note,
* Strange rages internally at parents who can't parent
??? Couldn't agree more with Mr. Strange, especially about the second part there.

My terror for today is about badminton. Try-outs for the school team are on Wednesday, I haven't played in a long time, and I was never that good at it anyway. This is terrifying enough, but then my dad texts me and says that some really good pro person he knows said I could go practice with them, so I reply, "Sure". Terror levels increase. Right after I hit send, I get a second text from him: "It's a practice for their best players".
 :o
I'm pretty certain that I'm going to get completely destroyed by everyone there.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: January 30, 2015, 11:12:22 pm »

Aaah, Badminton. I'd never play in a team or whatever, but I do enjoy a bit of it during summer with a certain friend of mine. Spent literally hours doing that, one summer. :3

Also, poor poor carowine. :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: January 30, 2015, 11:21:13 pm »

I'm pretty certain that I'm going to get completely destroyed by everyone there.
That's how you start doing everything, though. You think I didn't take a lot of lumps in martial arts? I was pretty terrible when I started.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: January 30, 2015, 11:48:40 pm »

naaaah, man. you came out of the womb wearing baxing glaves, duh. even i knew that, and i'm koss.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: January 31, 2015, 02:59:52 am »

MZ speaks the truth, you do take a lot of punches in martial arts.
And kicks.
And knees.
And elbows.
And you probably get the point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: January 31, 2015, 03:25:41 am »

@Caroline

I can't really say much other than have a cute thing

Spoiler: we need cyoot stat (click to show/hide)

The whole stay safe thing is still there :P

Fuck man.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: January 31, 2015, 09:09:01 am »

Ravenholm.

We don't go to Ravenholm.
You kidding? That's one of my favorite levels!
* Sirus lovingly fires up the gravity gun and grabs a couple of buzzsaw blades
Rrrrrrrk
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: January 31, 2015, 11:24:07 am »

Ravenholm.

We don't go to Ravenholm.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
We don't go there anymore* :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1420