Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967858 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #11625 on: January 19, 2015, 03:41:58 pm »

Hey, Japa. Are you planning on staying in India? How are the education prospects there, I don't know if they have good public education or not.

I'm assuming you can still move back to... Germany, I think? Or is it just your family is in Germany?

I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT YOU, JAPAS! D:

must... have... information...
Japa is from California originally (OG WEST SIIIIDE), but his family moved to India when he was really young, IIRC.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: January 19, 2015, 03:44:18 pm »

... Oh.

Stay in India, Japa. >____>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: January 19, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »

Hey remember that time I had a presentation due but didn't know about it until 2 days before when it was pointed out to you by the prof?

WELL NOW I DO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*dies*
I still wake up in a sweat after dreaming that. It has been 5 years since college/University. Never forget.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: January 19, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »

I had a dream last night that me and my family were all stuck on an steep hill/cliff(I'm scared of heights).  Me and my brother were arguing about how best to get off the cliff, and my Dad(who tends to be awkward/socially anxious) started apologizing and said "Oh, I'll just get out of your way" and then fell off the cliff when he tried to get further away.   :o  :'(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11629 on: January 19, 2015, 09:27:50 pm »

There was a big spider in my bed. Like, really big. And that's strange because NZ doesn't have many spiders, let alone ones almost as big as the palm of my hand.

One of my cats came in and ate it or something, which is pretty much what I keep them around for. Just to be safe I bathed the room in half a can of bug spray anyway.
It stinks in here now, and I'm obsessively checking under/around things to make sure there are no spiders.

Bloody spiders.

Hopefully I'll calm down in a couple of days.

Otherwise, there's always the petrol+matches combo, and I doubt any spiders will survive that.

Maybe I should just buy myself an island and purge it of all life? I'll be safe then...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: January 19, 2015, 09:33:24 pm »

*mumbles something about a flaming spider orgy ball*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11631 on: January 19, 2015, 09:36:03 pm »

Island it is
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:18 am »

Jesus Christ man. So I was packing up to leave for college, I'm in the living room, my dad is sitting in a chair on the computer, I turn around and find my dad on his back on the floor making mumbling noises and looking at me with this vegetable-y look in his eyes. I ask him what he's doing on the floor. He says he's tired, like that explains it. I ask why he's laying on the floor instead of sitting in the chair or, y'know, going to lay in bed for a nap if he's tired. He asks me why I'm looking at him like that. I ask why he's on the floor. He asks me why he's on the floor.

He...apparently blacked out or something and fell out of the chair or something. I didn't even hear him fall out of the chair and I was in the same room but whatever. He says he feels fine, can feel his arms and legs and he isn't having heart pains or a headache or dizziness or anything. He's taking a nap now. He's 65 or so and I half expected he had a stroke or something, but he seems back to normal. He said that a similar blacking out happened to him one morning when he was going to work years back, where he went in the bathroom, turned on the shower, and suddenly found himself sitting on the floor with the shower overflowing. He seems fine now, and he insists he's fine and probably would refuse any prompting to go to a hospital or anything. I'll probably stay a bit longer until everyone's calmed down I guess.

Just, Jesus CHRIST, man. Turning around and seeing my dad on the floor like that was terrifying. Freaked my mom out pretty bad.

That sounds a lot like a TIA (mini stroke). It can be a precursor of a full on stroke. he should go to the hospital right away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack

It could also be a petit mal seizure
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11633 on: January 20, 2015, 02:11:36 am »

In either case, it definitely doesn't sound healthy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: January 20, 2015, 02:20:14 am »

Health issues are the only things that scare me because death is the only thing that scares me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: January 20, 2015, 02:32:59 am »

Hey, Japa. Are you planning on staying in India? How are the education prospects there, I don't know if they have good public education or not.

I'm assuming you can still move back to... Germany, I think? Or is it just your family is in Germany?

I have German-American dual citizenship, so germany would be an option if I could learn the language.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11636 on: January 20, 2015, 03:34:21 am »

A large proportion of Germany speaks English anyway IIRC.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: January 20, 2015, 03:35:40 am »

I have German-American dual citizenship, so germany would be an option if I could learn the language.
Why do you have a German citizenship if you don't speak the language? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: January 20, 2015, 03:38:47 am »

I am developing a fear of getting weaker as I grow older.
I play video games as often as I can, and I would still want to do that in 30-40 or so years.
But vision, hearing and reflexes usually weakens with age..
I don't want to forgo what I love doing the most.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: January 20, 2015, 03:57:54 am »

Why do you have a German citizenship if you don't speak the language? O_o
My mom's german.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1420