Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1966223 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #10695 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:27 pm »

I'd be interested in how Owlbreads brethren shocked you to your senses about how every culture is full of assholes~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10696 on: November 26, 2014, 01:10:40 pm »

It is rather stifling to live under certain collective cultures; at least when you've lived in one where your will is supposed to be forfeited to your superiors. Makes you really appreciate romanticism!

On the topic of individual affinities and revulsion towards war, I'm of the opinion that I'd support my own nation's war effort even if I disagreed with the war itself. Should I ever find myself in the unlikely position where my nation would ever have need of me (and heaven's hope that will never be the case) I would oblige, with the exception that my nation doesn't go Disney evil and arbitrarily seek world domination and/or extermination. Chalk it down to red poppy frenzies inspiring glorious patriotism or else inbound shunning, personally I'd trust myself in a war more than I'd trust some other Bob in a war. To top it all off, the spreading of individual liberty, freedom, democracy and acquiring the oil of other nations is always good. Most of the times. Though considering how many wars against individual liberty haven't been made yet (and all of those that have having lost) I feel safe.

I'd be interested in how Owlbreads brethren shocked you to your senses about how every culture is full of assholes~
u fokken wot m8
i wul get me fams an bash u up

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: November 26, 2014, 01:34:53 pm »

Pubs in Glasgow?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: November 26, 2014, 04:27:22 pm »

The US army is pre-positioning tanks in Western and possibly Eastern Europe in response to Russia's actions in the Ukraine. Removing those tanks was widely celebrated as a sign the Cold War was over, and I'm very much afraid of what putting them back represents.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: November 26, 2014, 04:30:24 pm »

Just called my mum, and after answering a completely casual question what's up I learned she's in hospital. On cardiology. Allegedly it's nothing serious, but she didn't tell me what happened and hung up due to visitors, saying she'll call back later.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: November 26, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »

It was mostly me reading the local mass media and going "Jesus Christ, that's, like, Soviet-level propaganda right here!"

And then I started trusting the anti-Western sources more and so on and so forth.

But the final nail was the incessant squabbling in the university's student association.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: November 26, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »

It was mostly me reading the local mass media and going "Jesus Christ, that's, like, Soviet-level propaganda right here!"

And then I started trusting the anti-Western sources more and so on and so forth.

But the final nail was the incessant squabbling in the university's student association.
Remember that most of the mass media you probably saw was simplified and dumbed down to intentionally pander to people who know next to nothing about... well, anything beyond latest "reality" TV celebrities, and can't be arsed to make any effort change that either. That, and lack of cultural reference for clickbait headlines.

Tl;dr: Tabloids are worse than propaganda, since they have no goal other than sales.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: November 26, 2014, 05:19:36 pm »

and which also do not cater to any political party or social movement. I.e. their job is to provide raw information, lots of it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: November 26, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »

Tl;dr: Tabloids are worse than propaganda, since they have no goal other than sales.
TERROR AS GIGANTIC MUSLIM SPIDERS BRING DEADLY EBOLA TO UK
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10704 on: November 26, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »

WILL THIS SPELL THE END OF DAVID CAMERON'S REIGN OF TERROR? ONLY BY PAYING US MONEY WILL YOU FIND OUT
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: November 26, 2014, 06:25:20 pm »

WILL THIS SPELL THE END OF DAVID CAMERON'S REIGN OF TERROR? ONLY BY PAYING US MONEY WILL YOU FIND OUT
HORRIBLE RACIST SEXIST POTENTIAL RAPIST SCIENTIST WEARS A DEMEANING SHIRT PURGE THE INFIDEL
NEXT PAGE: NICKI MINAJ'S ASS N' TITS, EXCLUSIVE PHOTOSHOOT

HORRIBLE DEADLY PUTIN SON OF STALIN AND HITLER BRUTALLY KILLS CHILDREN ON HIS PERSONAL HELICOPTER STOP INVASION OF UKRAINE INVADE RUSSIA INSTEAD
NEXT PAGE: EVERYBODY CELEBRATES OUR HEROIC SOLDIERS RETURNING HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN, GLORY BE TO THEM FOR FUCKING AROUND THERE FOR SO MANY YEARS

CELEBRITIES ARE AMAZING
NEXT PAGE: EXCEPT FOR THE ONES WHO MOLEST CHILDREN
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:30:21 pm by Knit tie »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10706 on: November 26, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »

THE DAILY DOSE OF NEWS: IS SHARIA LAW USING PEDOPHILES TO GIVE CANCER TO YOUR BABIES?!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: November 26, 2014, 06:55:47 pm »

i've got to stop expecting sensical discussion from these threads
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: November 26, 2014, 07:37:07 pm »

I am terrified by this discussion.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: November 26, 2014, 08:03:29 pm »

The US army is pre-positioning tanks in Western and possibly Eastern Europe in response to Russia's actions in the Ukraine. Removing those tanks was widely celebrated as a sign the Cold War was over, and I'm very much afraid of what putting them back represents.

Disturbing implocations for the fate of the world.

On the upside however it does, in the short term, give us an unprecedented opportunity to mock and deride  all of the cold-war era talking heads who treated communism vs capitalism as a meaningful issue. Russia has been capitalist for twenty three years and we're still at odds with them. Capitalism doesn't fucking matter.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1420