Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965799 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #10620 on: November 18, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"75% real baby hair"
OH MY GOD

AAAAAAAAAGH

THAT IS SOME FN@F SHIT THERE

EXCEPT SLIGHTLY WORSE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:16 pm »

I feel like I'm missing something here.
As am I.
Many respectable international universities are quite unwelcoming of Russian and other post-Soviet students, partially because of their bad experience with the 90's "golden youth" who got into them solely because of the money of their parents, partially out of an understandable desire to provide education to their countries' own students first and foremost and partially out of sheer dissimilarity of the Russian/Soviet and Western primary and secondry education systems that make assessing and integrating such a student a colossal pain in the posterior. I tried to make a joke about this phenomenon by claiming that Columbia University viewed me as an exagerrated "Red Scare" stereotype.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: November 18, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »

So, I'm failing at least one class. Getting above perfect on the exam would not save me.

A classmate decided to send an e-mail addressed from me to the teacher. An obviously fake sob story intended to elicit sympathy.

I don't think my anti-anxiety medication is strong enough to deal with this.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: November 18, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »

Edit: You want really terrifying 'pet' stuff? This is ten times more terrifying than that image, if not thousands of times more terrifying.
Where are the incendiary shotgun shells when you need them?
This...is very rage-worthy instead of terrifying.
If the text is true then...that's perversion of psychology and maternal care to the worst.
Though I wonder if studies are done on how these kinds of people work. There's a term out there for this kind of horrid attitude...(unless the post is totally wrong and just poking and demonizing someone who has pet monkeys [who didn't commit such atrocities mentioned]...)
Net took forever to load this.
I think the only bright part in this story is that such humans are pariahs and outliers.

I would hope so.

I mean, I've got a pretty high tolerance for twisted - I listen to heavy metal, I read de Sade, and I think the only clown who's ever consistently made me laugh is John Wayne Gacy - but even I think this is twisted.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:05:18 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: November 18, 2014, 05:10:16 pm »

I listen to heavy metal, I read de Sade, and I think the only clown who's ever consistently made me laugh is John Wayne Gacy

I'm sure I had something to say but I've forgotten about it. Thanks I guess?.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10625 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »

Life is like pain and dead babies and edgy bismuth.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: November 18, 2014, 11:55:37 pm »

Until you find Cruel Angel's Thesis covered solely by bike horns.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: November 19, 2014, 01:08:43 am »

Until you find Cruel Angel's Thesis covered solely by bike horns.

may i assist

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: November 19, 2014, 02:01:39 am »

Van Airhorn is best Van.

E:But this might be better.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:03:47 am by Pufferfish »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: November 20, 2014, 12:15:37 am »

One of my roommates is sick with something. Says he feels sore all over, feels "freezing" in a room that's heated to a fair 70 degrees Fahrenheit, and went and puked in the bathroom so hard that he came out panting like he ran a mile. No idea if it's some kind of food poisoning or a bug or what.

I'm not saying it's ebola, but I may get sick and die.
Srsly though, living in close proximity with a sick dude is unpleasant to think about. Gonna have to break out the hazmat suits and hand sanitizer.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: November 20, 2014, 01:09:37 am »

Just send him off to the hospital. They can manage it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: November 20, 2014, 01:22:11 am »

He seems better now. He and the other roommate ordered a pizza, so, yeah.

Was probably food poisoning, in which case I probably won't get sick. Hazmat suits and hand sanitizer wouldn't hurt though.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: November 20, 2014, 07:18:10 am »

Curious question, american neighbours, if above person had of gone to one of your hospitals, how much would this cost you? If you have insurance how much would they usually cover?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: November 20, 2014, 07:51:39 am »

One of my roommates is sick with something. Says he feels sore all over, feels "freezing" in a room that's heated to a fair 70 degrees Fahrenheit, and went and puked in the bathroom so hard that he came out panting like he ran a mile. No idea if it's some kind of food poisoning or a bug or what.

I'm not saying it's ebola, but I may get sick and die.
Srsly though, living in close proximity with a sick dude is unpleasant to think about. Gonna have to break out the hazmat suits and hand sanitizer.

Might be a BAD bad flu. A large number of people who think they have a flu actually have a cold, and an actual flu can be pretty hardcore.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

Might be a BAD bad flu. A large number of people who think they have a flu actually have a cold, and an actual flu can be pretty hardcore.
Nah, he seems better. Even went to an 8:00 class or something today. Normally he skips and sleeps in.

Curious question, american neighbours, if above person had of gone to one of your hospitals, how much would this cost you? If you have insurance how much would they usually cover?
Depends on the insurance. I'd guesstimate the price as "a lot" regardless of quality of insurance. As an example of insurance quality here, I have health insurance that has a $6000 deductible that has to be met before they pay for almost anything. So it basically means I can just say "yeah I have insurance technically" and that's it. I'm gonna change insurance providers eventually.

Woo, America.
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1420