Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965824 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #10590 on: November 17, 2014, 08:01:58 pm »

"Pregnancy belly to give birth to dog baby sold separately."

Jegus.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: November 17, 2014, 08:06:27 pm »

It's a joke, people. Not an actual product. :v

Edit: You want really terrifying 'pet' stuff? This is ten times more terrifying than that image, if not thousands of times more terrifying.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:11:29 pm by Vorthon »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: November 17, 2014, 08:17:05 pm »

Edit: You want really terrifying 'pet' stuff? This is ten times more terrifying than that image, if not thousands of times more terrifying.

Uh.

No. Plz no.

they must burn.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: November 17, 2014, 09:52:28 pm »

Huh? Isn't the Uncanny Valley where somethings nearly real looking but is just off to unsettle you? That looks like a N64 polygon character... unless it's... you?
Yep. The point between 'So realistic you can't discern it from reality' and 'just able to see it's fake'. Where it looks real enough, but something about it is unnatural.
E.g. most people with so much makeup on them that there's practically no actual skin to be seen on their face.
So, what, clowns?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: November 18, 2014, 01:21:21 am »

This is precisely why they need to legalize hard drugs. If they did then these people would be able to blot out their twisted desire for a child that never grows up by causing it to be overshadowed by a relatively wholesome desire for opioids or cocaine. I am 80% serious about this.

EDIT:
Opioids could also hypothetically be used to replace the feeling of fulfillment that some people get from religion. Karl Marx came very close to realizing this but powered right past it in favor of instead continuing to develop an analysis of the likely future direction of economic history based heavily on the now clearly flawed assumption that most work would continie to be done by people aa opposed to unthinking machines.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:38:09 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10595 on: November 18, 2014, 04:10:56 am »

Opioids could also hypothetically be used to replace the feeling of fulfillment that some people get from religion. Karl Marx came very close to realizing this but powered right past it in favor of instead continuing to develop an analysis of the likely future direction of economic history based heavily on the now clearly flawed assumption that most work would continie to be done by people aa opposed to unthinking machines.
Um.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: November 18, 2014, 04:18:33 am »

I graduate high school tomorrow.

AAARGH
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:39 am »

Huh, you live in the Southern Hemisphere then.
It's actually not as much of a big deal as everyone makes it out  to be; you sit on an uncomfortable chair for 3 hours watching other people get obscene amounts of school money and then go stand up in relief while getting a bunch if pictures taken of you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: November 18, 2014, 04:21:48 am »

Nah, we split up the money-giving and graduation. Straya! It should be fun though.

Still fucking awesomely terrifying, regardless.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: November 18, 2014, 04:26:26 am »

Ah, good.
Really though, you just gotta fear the chairs they make you sit in. I can feel it in my lower back even now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: November 18, 2014, 06:00:27 am »

I graduate high school tomorrow.

AAARGH
Now to prep you for the big guns! COLLEGE :D
You'll be meeting a ton of !!FUN!! there, from both top and bottom of the wheel.
Keep in touch with your High School buddies and those you hold dear.
Also have a great day tomorrow!

Where are the incendiary shotgun shells when you need them?
This...is very rage-worthy instead of terrifying.
If the text is true then...that's perversion of psychology and maternal care to the worst.
Though I wonder if studies are done on how these kinds of people work. There's a term out there for this kind of horrid attitude...(unless the post is totally wrong and just poking and demonizing someone who has pet monkeys [who didn't commit such atrocities mentioned]...)
Net took forever to load this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:03:40 am by Tiruin »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: November 18, 2014, 09:02:03 am »

Huh? Isn't the Uncanny Valley where somethings nearly real looking but is just off to unsettle you? That looks like a N64 polygon character... unless it's... you?
Yep. The point between 'So realistic you can't discern it from reality' and 'just able to see it's fake'. Where it looks real enough, but something about it is unnatural.
E.g. most people with so much makeup on them that there's practically no actual skin to be seen on their face.
So, what, clowns?
Very perceptive.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: November 18, 2014, 12:07:17 pm »

Its true; happiness is strictly forbidden.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: November 18, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »

Any happiness brought beyond this point will be forcibly confiscated. You'll be sent a bill for the cost of the seizure within 5 business days.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: November 18, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »

call the fucking cops
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 1420