Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968584 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #9855 on: October 04, 2014, 01:45:28 am »

"What if somebody opened me up while I was sleeping, then woke me up and performed surgery on me while I was awake and alive and forced me to look at what they were doing to me?"
Inb4 hospitals start offering that to rich patients customers who want extreme surgery.
Oh god yes please
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9856 on: October 04, 2014, 01:57:22 am »

Because I'm not my body, I'm not the meat? I'm the brain, and even then, I'm just using the brain as a substrate for my consciousness. So, yeah, "I" don't get renewed or some bullshit, my toenails do. Whoop de doo.
Seconded.

Spoiler: Obligatory xkcd (click to show/hide)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: October 04, 2014, 02:25:07 am »

I understand the fear correctly; but then I got to understand it more, and then I learned to not give a fuck about it. Try being a reject of society, and then you'll know how non-existence feels. To not be acknowledged is the closest thing to nonexistence you can experience. And basically, it's not different from existing; it's just far less convenient.
To best describe my social standing, I am the kid in anime club who doesn't even watch anime or care all that much about it at all. There are no seats at any of the other friendgroups' tables open and so I have become mixed in with these people. I feel oddly obligated to go to anime club during lunchtime to eat a stale, excessively-peanut-buttered, cafeteria-prepared PBJ and drink a fruit-drink-thing so carbonated it always burns going down and so acidic in its nature that my body responds with appropriate... discomfort. I listen in on conversations to which I have no idea what or who they are about and neglect to participate until I am addressed. When I do understand, it's the same discussions about how Tawni's father broke her arm when she covered the stairway in ketchup or how Jacob would be the most boring person to stalk because he would spend thirty minutes in a store reading the label of a random product before putting it back on the shelf and purchasing nothing. And I laugh and smile during these conversations, even though I hate repetition, because these are the only people I'm still friends with. I can't say anything with anyone else before feeling that the focus has slipped off before I finished my thoughts and when I could, it was with one person, and I don't share a single class with them anymore, and I never see them anymore either, as close as we were when I could talk with them. I only see Noah in the mornings in German class and he's tired and not interested in conversation. I know he remembers how I was in middle school. I remember how I was in middle school. I'd like not to. But Isaac was gone before him. He didn't go to the advanced classes. He was a bit of a shithead anyway. Megan and I were only connected via Noah and when we're not unified into one conversation, I can barely get her attention. I had a crush on Isa for two years and it fell flat on its face the first day of this school year, because we share no classes. She has moved on to things for smarter people, like AP Calculus BC, while I'm in AP Calc AB. I haven't seen her in at least a week. Colton was in AP European History with me last year, but like Megan, I was only able to talk to him via Noah's presence. Wesley was in my Computer Apps class and although I have opportunities to converse with him still, I am too tired to in the mornings. I was friends with Randy but then he abruptly had other, more important friends.

And all I really have for friends now are Tawni, Suzanne, Amity, Jacob, Maddie, and Austin, the consistent members of anime club. And I don't know if I'm fine with this. I really don't know if this is fine. I can hold conversations about things I know about, at the very least, and... hm. I intended to give a one sentence description. But the point is that I do not fit in with very many people. Even the anime club people think I'm odd. And it does not feel like nonexistance, to be odd. It feels like shame. It feels like I disappoint everyone and like I can't hold onto anything important. It feels like fear. It feels like I'll be too incapable of holding anyone new's attention for more than a few months to actually talk to them and like I'm talked of like I hear other people talked of in accidentally-eavesdropped conversations. It feels like the two emotions that make me feel like I can only suffocate due to my body wishing simply not to automatically breath, like I will have my lungs impaled if I breathe in even slightly and expand my chest in any way.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: October 04, 2014, 09:21:46 am »

Huh. For the past couple of years, I haven't really had any real friends, besides the people who think they're my friends but I actually hate. I'm not afraid, and I don't feel nonexistent, I just see no reason to get close to anybody.

That being said, I can't say I know how that feels, or what it feels like to be dead, but *hugs*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: October 04, 2014, 09:38:38 am »

Huh. For the past couple of years, I haven't really had any real friends, besides the people who think they're my friends but I actually hate. I'm not afraid, and I don't feel nonexistent, I just see no reason to get close to anybody.

That being said, I can't say I know how that feels, or what it feels like to be dead, but *hugs*
I'm terrified of lacking something that exists in everyone, yet exists in everyone but is undeveloped due to circumstances...like lacking real friends.
*hugs*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: October 04, 2014, 09:59:48 am »

I'm terrified of lacking something that exists in everyone, yet exists in everyone but is undeveloped due to circumstances...like lacking real friends.
*hugs*
...what?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9861 on: October 04, 2014, 12:34:43 pm »

To put it simply, my whole life, I've had friends that claimed to be friends, but not ever live up to the title; hell, even outright betray me, despite me being nothing but kind and selfless to them. Neither bailing me out, nor being in the cell with me. I've had people invite me to groups, only to use me as a sacrificial lamb for shaming; or honey-potting me into the shameful parts to serve as their effigy for shame and humiliation. I've been the "Andre" or butt-monkey/chew toy (SEE- The League) of the group/league. Simply put, as if being bullied by my enemies wasn't bad enough, I was also mocked by friends and even my family; and any help I ask for for any reason or purpose I almost never get, nor is even effective. I have no friends, only associates and tools. Simply put, I work best alone, and time and again I am proven so. Essentially, I feel like a legitimate antichrist; and ironically enough, the movie The Omen doesn't help my case, since I share the name of said "antichrist" in that respect as well.

Ironically enough, to not exist, to be nothing, is what permits me to be anything and everything as I see fit. Maybe this is why I am so comfortable with nonexistence, for it has been my life. Until I can truly find others that completely agree with me, I am on my own; and I might as well work with it, instead of let it work against me.

Spoiler: One Piece spoilers (click to show/hide)

After you've been in Hell, yourself (especially if you've done no wrong), can you see Heaven for what it truly is; not any better, not any worse, just a bit more ignorant and in just as much constant denial of their harassment, wearing light, but not being the role of Light. Like a legion of wolves wearing sheep's clothing. Funny enough, if you don't let it get to you too much, instead of being burned by the fires of Hell, you can get yourself forged and tempered by it instead, and be a proper paragon that Heaven deserves. Maybe this is why I am okay with nonexistence, death, and otherwise. I never lived, and I never existed; so why should I worry about death or ceasing to exist? When you're at the bottom, the only way is up; when you reach the peak of perfection, all that's left to do is fail.

Maybe we got it wrong. Maybe nonexistence is actually a good thing, when you think about it. When you don't exist, you can make yourself exist as you want to exist.

EDIT:
Really, if you don't exist, then what reference of you or anything like you is there to base off of to judge with? Thus, you can be anything you desire.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:56:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9862 on: October 04, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »

What?

If you don't exist, you can't think, or desire, or experience emotions. Those things require an existent conciousness. You can't be, let alone become something, if you don't exist in the first place.

Heaven is usually defined as a place of happiness and peace, whereas Hell is defined as a place of pain and suffering. So I don't get your idea of the two.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: October 04, 2014, 07:15:26 pm »

I had shitty social experiences in school, too.  Had no real friends for about 7 years.

I'm 31 now, and those experiences don't mean much of anything once you get into the adult world.  The dynamics of the social situations you'll find yourself in after high school are mostly not comparable.  So long as you are able to work out whatever emotional damage you've suffered and move on, things do get better.  Sort of.  I and everyone else I know who struggled socially when they were kids are completely over those problems now.  But we face different problems that make a fulfilling social life seem not so important anymore...

You wouldn't be able to be terrified of anything at that point. Or worry about anything. Or feel anything. Probably could be best compared to sleeping but without any dreaming or thought whatsoever, just utter blackness.

This is what sleep is normally like for me.  Not even blackness.  When I open my eyes in the morning, there is usually nothing between that moment and whatever I was thinking before I started falling asleep.  Sometimes I'll wake up with some vague residual emotion from whatever I was dreaming or just the knowledge that I did dream something, but that's it.  Retaining anything beyond that from my time asleep happens maybe once or twice a month.  I might as well have been non-existent for those hours.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: October 04, 2014, 07:19:50 pm »

"What if somebody opened me up while I was sleeping, then woke me up and performed surgery on me while I was awake and alive and forced me to look at what they were doing to me?"
Inb4 hospitals start offering that to rich patients customers who want extreme surgery.
Oh god yes please
You can already ask for it in shitty clinics! Or not ask, just get. Might be fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: October 04, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

Only if you also do it while swinging on a rope off a bridge or/and underwater.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: October 04, 2014, 10:39:00 pm »

Underwater with carnivorous fish loose in the tank.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9867 on: October 05, 2014, 04:28:19 am »

Had a dream that I left my prized umbrella in the dark recesses of the cinema, had to check just to make sure that my brain wasn't being a dick. Turns out my brain was being a dick.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: October 05, 2014, 08:08:45 pm »

Do you ever worry that you're losing your mind?
Because I've managed to misplace my phone in between doing absolutely nothing with it. It was on my desk doing nothing and when I go to get it it's not any more? Except I haven't put it anywhere else. It's just... gone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: October 05, 2014, 08:15:06 pm »

Do you ever worry that you're losing your mind?
Because I've managed to misplace my phone in between doing absolutely nothing with it. It was on my desk doing nothing and when I go to get it it's not any more? Except I haven't put it anywhere else. It's just... gone.
You might wish to report a stolen phone, dude. Anyone walk by your desk while the phone was out?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1420