Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968679 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #9840 on: October 03, 2014, 09:10:04 pm »

* Arcvasti _cakles evilly.
* Tawarochitler turns slightly red and begins amassing a Grammar Nazi army
* II nuke's the nazies
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:12:53 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: October 03, 2014, 09:12:13 pm »

There's nothing wrong with what was typed. Assuming that Arcvasti was referring to a campground in the Czech Republic.

Evil campgrounds are all the rage these days. Just ask some of the people in the upper boards.

Like the time one of my teachers put 'quantigy' on an assignment. The question was secretly about a company in New Mexico, but no-one caught it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: October 03, 2014, 10:08:03 pm »

Sagte jemand NAZI!? >:D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: October 03, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »

I was five, once, and I got stabbed in the eye with a pen. By a teacher.

By accident, of course.

It hurt.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9844 on: October 03, 2014, 10:15:32 pm »

My eyes are paragons of safety and security. No-one shall ever harm them.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:23 pm »

I've got glasses. Its actually surprising how well those work to ward off flying pencils/pens/scissors coming and your eyes. Although the latter usually end up damaging them, they're like. EYE ARMOUR. Although...

* Arcvasti rummages around a moment and then puts on some welding goggles.

There. Never taking these off. Shades AND eye protection in one. And they're fashionable.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9846 on: October 03, 2014, 10:25:44 pm »

Papercuts in general are bad. Getting citrus, spices, or Bengay (or even hydrogen poroxide to disinfect it) in them is even worse.

...Now what locations were mentioned again?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: October 04, 2014, 12:07:21 am »

My eyes are paragons of safety and security. No-one shall ever harm them.
I've got glasses. Its actually surprising how well those work to ward off flying pencils/pens/scissors coming and your eyes. Although the latter usually end up damaging them, they're like. EYE ARMOUR. Although...

* Arcvasti rummages around a moment and then puts on some welding goggles.

There. Never taking these off. Shades AND eye protection in one. And they're fashionable.
I had glasses on when it happened.

THE UNIVERSE IS A HARLOT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: October 04, 2014, 12:57:27 am »

eeeeh. If nonexistence is the thing that happens when you die, then the time leading up to dying could probably be seen as terrifying, yeah, but once you cross that threshold and actually stop existing, you wouldn't know it. You couldn't think "Oh this nonexistence thing I'm experiencing now is kinda creepy." Otherwise that would mean you exist, in some way.

You wouldn't be able to be terrified of anything at that point. Or worry about anything. Or feel anything. Probably could be best compared to sleeping but without any dreaming or thought whatsoever, just utter blackness.

Seems calming to me. I'm probably weird.
i don't know where you people are getting this false information that this helps in any way whatsoever
it does not
to be incapable of thought or emotion, to be incapable of even apathy to be incapable of worry or fear, to be nothing, is what's terrifying
and i'd rather have my body mangled in thousands of ways and live through all that pain than to stop existing

it's the same fucking reason i fear getting alzheimer's and similar mental issues
it's the same reason i wish i could live forever even if everybody i love dies and everything falls apart around me
it's the same reason why the ultimate punishment in my fictional setting is the erasure of one's soul

so please stop acting like the inability to acknowledge my nonexistence makes it any better
it makes it thousands of times worse
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9849 on: October 04, 2014, 01:06:37 am »

We can always consider this; basically think of it like energy. It cannot be created nor destroyed, but instead, transferred. In a sense of speaking, what's so scary about ascending or ceasing to exist in the first place? Sure, you may no longer exist, but at the same time, you can exist as anything. To not exist is bullcrap, you just become part of something greater; like if your corpse is eaten away by nature, you're now part of the greater thing that has feasted upon you (from bacteria and worms and bugs, to wild animals), and are now energy for that being. You have ceased to function, but technically, you never ceased to exist, instead you're now energy for something else.

Personally, I find that a better fate than being a battery buried underground. I'd rather have my remains be spent and returned to nature in this regard (feed me back to nature; or at least, incinerate my remains and make it a useful fuel). Why isolate yourself, and be preserved underground to be forgotten (in case it was missed, I was speaking of being buried in a coffin)? Hell, even being reduced to nothingness from being nuked, you're still energy or matter for something else; albeit, very finely distributed, and a bit rad while at it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:12:49 am by Itnetlolor »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: October 04, 2014, 01:12:28 am »

We can always consider this; basically think of it like energy. It cannot be created nor destroyed, but instead, transferred. In a sense of speaking, what's so scary about ascending or ceasing to exist in the first place? Sure, you may no longer exist, but at the same time, you can exist as anything. To not exist is bullcrap, you just become part of something greater; like if your corpse is eaten away by nature, you're now part of the greater thing that has feasted upon you (from bacteria and worms and bugs, to wild animals), and are now energy for that being. You have ceased to function, but technically, you never ceased to exist, instead you're now energy for something else.

Personally, I find that a better fate than being a battery buried underground. I'd rather have my remains be spent and returned to nature in this regard. Why isolate yourself, and be preserved underground to be forgotten (in case it was missed, I was speaking of being buried in a coffin)? Hell, even being reduced to nothingness from being nuked, you're still energy or matter for something else; albeit, very finely distributed, and a bit rad while at it.
you  don't under stand this fear, do you.
the body is not the mind
the body can fuck itself
the mind is precious and when it fails...
*whimper*
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: October 04, 2014, 01:13:24 am »

Because I'm not my body, I'm not the meat? I'm the brain, and even then, I'm just using the brain as a substrate for my consciousness. So, yeah, "I" don't get renewed or some bullshit, my toenails do. Whoop de doo.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9852 on: October 04, 2014, 01:14:56 am »

Personally, I find that a better fate than being a battery buried underground. I'd rather have my remains be spent and returned to nature in this regard. Why isolate yourself, and be preserved underground to be forgotten (in case it was missed, I was speaking of being buried in a coffin)? Hell, even being reduced to nothingness from being nuked, you're still energy or matter for something else; albeit, very finely distributed, and a bit rad while at it.
you  don't under stand this fear, do you.
the body is not the mind
the body can fuck itself
the mind is precious and when it fails...
*whimper*
Not my problem when I lose my mind, it's more everyone else's problem; they'll have to deal with a misguided lunatic elder/adult. How would I be able to tell the difference when my mind fails? My spirit is what matters more; after all, it's the pilot, the mind is the interface, and the body is the machine. e.g.- The spirit is the actual consciousness; and the mind is the translator of your instructions to the body. Not unlike a computer that can command other devices and such somewhat remotely.

EDIT:
I understand the fear correctly; but then I got to understand it more, and then I learned to not give a fuck about it. Try being a reject of society, and then you'll know how non-existence feels. To not be acknowledged is the closest thing to nonexistence you can experience. And basically, it's not different from existing; it's just far less convenient.

Considering counter-perspectives; I mean, I don't mind ceasing to exist, for when I am nothing, I can be anything, be anywhere, visit anytime and anyplace be it realistic or not. Then again, one man's ceiling is another man's floor; a fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. 50-50 regardless.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:30:41 am by Itnetlolor »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: October 04, 2014, 01:15:40 am »

Well, yeah, sure, if you're a dualist, it's all fine and dandy :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: October 04, 2014, 01:26:12 am »

A lot of people deal with fears like this by convincing themselves that reincarnation exists.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1420