Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968860 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #9780 on: October 03, 2014, 10:12:02 am »

TIL that Itnetlolor is Katia Managan :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:39 am »

Hmm.
Yeah, mine isn't really... Like that.

I remember that before that one, I was seated at this long wooden table by myself, at the head of the table. I could feel rocking, like I was on a ship, and see the light hanging from the ceiling swaying slightly back and forth, and I just felt... Alone, moreso than anything else.

Then it shifted to the second one, where I was standing on the deck of the ship, and I felt myself get stabbed from behind, and I looked down and could see the blade, as well as the blue uniform I was wearing.
I felt this feeling of betrayel, like I knew who did it, and then I went off the port side of the ship into the water, looking up at the night sky. And then it faded out.

I wasn't asleep or anything when it happened, I was wide awake.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: October 03, 2014, 10:24:59 am »

I think something wants to shake my confidence up, or remind me that death is but a knock or a blink away.

As in some intelligent entity trying to send you a message?

Someone hit my car on the right side a couple days ago, and now every time a car edges out of a side street on my right I very vividly feel them crunching into me. Imaginations are overactive sometimes.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: October 03, 2014, 11:05:48 am »

That's actually pleasant in my opinion compared to the sheerly terrifying thing that is nonexistence.
You wouldn't actually experience nonexistence though. You wouldn't be able to, you wouldn't exist. At all.
AND THAT HELPS /HOW/?
JUST BECAUSE I WOULDN'T EXPERIENCE IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT FUCKING TERRIFYING.
I WOULD SO MUCH RATHER BE IN ETERNAL PAIN THAN STOP EXISTING!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: October 03, 2014, 11:12:24 am »

Yah, see... I won't know at the time that I don't exist? But I'm pretty sure leading up to it that I won't exist, yah? Is not future!not!me I'm caring about (though I'm sure he's a swell guy) but present!actual!me that I care about, peace of mind. I'd rather do what I can to prevent oblivion first and foremost.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: October 03, 2014, 12:27:48 pm »

eeeeh. If nonexistence is the thing that happens when you die, then the time leading up to dying could probably be seen as terrifying, yeah, but once you cross that threshold and actually stop existing, you wouldn't know it. You couldn't think "Oh this nonexistence thing I'm experiencing now is kinda creepy." Otherwise that would mean you exist, in some way.

You wouldn't be able to be terrified of anything at that point. Or worry about anything. Or feel anything. Probably could be best compared to sleeping but without any dreaming or thought whatsoever, just utter blackness.

Seems calming to me. I'm probably weird.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9786 on: October 03, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »

eeeeh. If nonexistence is the thing that happens when you die, then the time leading up to dying could probably be seen as terrifying, yeah, but once you cross that threshold and actually stop existing, you wouldn't know it. You couldn't think "Oh this nonexistence thing I'm experiencing now is kinda creepy." Otherwise that would mean you exist, in some way.

You wouldn't be able to be terrified of anything at that point. Or worry about anything. Or feel anything. Probably could be best compared to sleeping but without any dreaming or thought whatsoever, just utter blackness.

Why else do you think the fate I described earlier is worth being terrified of? You are a stone's throw away from blissful ignorance death/nonexistence would provide, and you're stuck behind that window-thick barrier between life and death, and frozen there for eternity; pain without pleasure and all.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9787 on: October 03, 2014, 02:39:54 pm »

I don't like the sound of nonexistence, but it's better than some alternatives, certainly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: October 03, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »

Why else do you think the fate I described earlier is worth being terrified of? You are a stone's throw away from blissful ignorance death/nonexistence would provide, and you're stuck behind that window-thick barrier between life and death, and frozen there for eternity; pain without pleasure and all.

nah fuck death

I don't like the sound of nonexistence, but it's better than some alternatives, certainly.

not better than living

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: October 03, 2014, 02:51:34 pm »

The concept of eternal nothing frightens me. I... I dunno, I just don't like the idea of endless nonexistance.

But I try to not think about that because then I get all mopey.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: October 03, 2014, 02:52:04 pm »

I'm with stupid |
                      v

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9791 on: October 03, 2014, 02:53:39 pm »

not better than living
I didn't say it was my first choice. But the problem arises when you have to die at some point.

help me
You should have put a warning on that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: October 03, 2014, 02:55:02 pm »

The only thing I like better than an exam is a surprise exam that you forgot about because you quite sensibly decided that you were going to take the day two days before it off for the sake of mental health, and missed the last class before that test.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: October 03, 2014, 02:56:09 pm »

help me

WHAT THE HELL.
I saw the words Creepy Girl in the URL and noped out before anything loaded.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1420