Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1961110 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8895 on: August 15, 2014, 01:40:28 am »

You mean like when they faked megalodon?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: August 15, 2014, 01:47:12 am »

Guess so. Although this time they were simply calling it a giant great white shark rather than a thought-to-be-extinct creature.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: August 15, 2014, 01:53:37 am »

Sharks are awesome either way.
Good to hear you're alright, Glloyd! I was in a car crash when I was a kid, I can only imagine how scary it would be as an adult.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: August 15, 2014, 05:13:25 am »

I've never been in a car crash. I've been very close, and I was behind someone who got into a crash.

Cars frighten me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: August 15, 2014, 06:02:20 am »

I've never been in a car crash. I've been very close, and I was behind someone who got into a crash.

Cars frighten me.
Definitely agree with you, there. I honestly cannot understand why society continues to be so dependent on them, despite the insane number of deaths they cause every year without fail.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8900 on: August 15, 2014, 06:24:28 am »

Definitely agree with you, there. I honestly cannot understand why society continues to be so dependent on them, despite the insane number of deaths they cause every year without fail.
Cars are sexy, adaptable and roads are plentiful.

Admittedly I do also quite like the idea of an all terrain locomotive plowing through a desert off the rails.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: August 15, 2014, 06:25:48 am »

Cars are sexy, adaptable and roads are plentiful.

Admittedly I do also quite like the idea of an all terrain locomotive plowing through a desert off the rails.

if the locomotive does not have rails

how can it multi-track drift

this is important

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: August 15, 2014, 07:05:36 am »

Glad you're ok Glloyd. I've only been in minor dings before and that's frightening enough. Insurance can take a long time to process even for small things (like the idiot who merged in to us and took off our right mirror), but you should talk to your insurance company. Since you're not at fault they may be able to get you a no-charge rental or something, it depends on the company, but when our car was in for repairs we got a loaner.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: August 15, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: August 15, 2014, 08:16:15 am »

I really appreciate it everyone. You guys are the best. I'm feeling pretty stiff today, and I didn't get much sleep because of the pain, and I also kept having really scary flashbacks to the crash. But, I'm walking a little easier, and I can sit up straight without having to pull myself up, so that's nice. I'm covered in bruises though, on my face from the airbag, on my chest and hip from the seatbelt, and on my left leg where I must've banged it against the dash. Like I said though, nothing broken and nothing permanent, I'll just be sore for a while which is lucky all things considered. As for insurance, it looks like they'll cover me for a rental whenever I get my license back from the cops, and they'll cover any medical paraphernalia I'll need, like a wheelchair or crutches, which is also nice. I don't think I'll take them up on that rental right away though, I really don't want to be driving anywhere for a while after that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: August 15, 2014, 08:28:12 am »

* mastahcheese hugs Glloyd
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8906 on: August 15, 2014, 08:39:56 am »

Called ghostbusters, called the queen, called the excorcist, alerted the catholic church, all the protestant churches, called the defunct ottoman empire, called the titanic, called the MI6, the NSA, the CIA, the FBI, Mossad, KGB, PRC, Royal Marines, SAS, Navy Seals, Godzilla, Stalin, Steven Hawkings, Das boot, Mecha-Hitler, the East India trading pith helmet, the god Emperor of Persia Xerxes, saviour of the world Mithradates, the hashashin, the teutonic knights, the bubonic knights, the order of the hatchets, the order of the garter, the society of gentlemanly gentlemen, the original illuminati class of 99, the lizard people, the fake moon landing that 9/11'd your water supply, called Dr. Frankenstein, called Einstein, called Archimedes, called Michael Bay, called Pericles, called Caesar, called John, called Chris Hanson, called Charles Manson, called 008 James Bong, called Denmark, called the ubersquatslav, called Best Korean weight lifters, called Santa Claus, called super-Shiva, called Quaritch Maximus Aurelius I, called it, called for political change, called for we must dissent, called for Pathos, called for Grisha5, called for Toady, called for Sweden YES, called for space Polan, called for RON PAUL 2012, called for the Iron Fedoracorp. infantry, called for flame war veterans, called Cthulhu, called for nuclear strike, called for tactical deep strike from SPEHSS, called for armour and infantry support, called for support for car crash survivors, called for facebook likes, called for operation enduring freedom II electric boogaloo, ordered ectoplasm from the internet, pirated a movie about hunting ghosts, called for Monsanto hit squads, called for Count Suarezula, called for team Jacob, called for Harry Potter X Twilight Sparkle fanfic writers, called for Tesco vs Sainsbury war veterans, called for milkmen, called for the royal mail, called for King Kong, called for Encyclopedia Brittanica airdrop, called for gorrillion folded katana so sharp it cuts GOD, committed sudoku, there is no hope, happenings now, 3spooky5me this is the future you chose.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: August 15, 2014, 08:50:19 am »

Nope nope nope!

* Lyeos offers Glloyd a mental cookie.
It's all I have to send!
Get better.
Or else.
Take a closer look at this text!

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: August 15, 2014, 08:50:25 am »

Ok that is creepy. The room looks identical to my old apartment. The picture on the wall is different but in the right place. The video camera is recording from straight through my tv set.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:33 am »

Obviously, your apartment is now haunted, and the ghost busters arrived to gain footage.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1420