Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963018 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8280 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:38 pm »

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. I still think it's too young, to be honest. Many, many teenage males are pumped full of testosterone at that age. It's not perfect at eighteen, but I think it's better.  :-\

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8281 on: July 12, 2014, 03:21:08 pm »

Learner's license is obtainable at 16 in ol' Sheepland. It was 15 until a recent overhaul of the entire system.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: July 12, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

Everytime I see some single eccentric loner in his 50-60s I worry about ending up the same...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: July 12, 2014, 04:44:54 pm »

mhmm

explain why

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: July 13, 2014, 10:27:53 am »

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. I still think it's too young, to be honest. Many, many teenage males are pumped full of testosterone at that age. It's not perfect at eighteen, but I think it's better.  :-\

Lowering the driving age has been pretty solidly linked to a decrease in teen driving deaths, probably due to a combination of lower levels of drinking at those ages, along with the fact that many haven't entered the "my parents don't know jack shit, and I don't have to pay attention to a goddamn thing they say" phase. The most important thing for driving safety is experience, and gaining that experience before you're trying to assert your absolute independence (or, worse, are actually independent) from any kind of oversight is a very good thing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8285 on: July 13, 2014, 12:47:46 pm »

Eh. I can only assume it's different in America, then, since the
"my parents don't know jack shit, and I don't have to pay attention to a goddamn thing they say" phase
seems to occur more at sixteen here, to the point where there's a saying among school teachers: Grade Nines aren't human.

Drinking is a valid concern. I suppose I should think about it some more, so thanks for that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: July 13, 2014, 01:07:16 pm »

"my parents don't know jack shit, and I don't have to pay attention to a goddamn thing they say" phase
seems to occur more at sixteen here, to the point where there's a saying among school teachers: Grade Nines aren't human.

Sixteen seems to be when it usually starts, and it usually gets worse and worse until the early twenties whacks someone with a massive REALITY stick. If you make most of the training and practice take place before that point (via learners' permits), the lessons have a statistically-supported tendency to stick more.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: July 13, 2014, 03:39:05 pm »

I started mostly ignoring my father's advice at fourteen, but his advice has generally been ridiculously terrible.

I do pay attention to the advice of my other family members, though.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: July 13, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »

I'm in my 20s and I still don't have my learner's permit. Working on it, but I'm scared that I'll screw up and end up hurting/killing someone once I actually get on the road...
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: July 13, 2014, 03:44:52 pm »

I'm in my 20s and I still don't have my learner's permit. Working on it, but I'm scared that I'll screw up and end up hurting/killing someone once I actually get on the road...
Yep. Driving is scary  :(

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: July 13, 2014, 03:45:30 pm »

Aye, I agree.
Don't have my license yet.
Don't have a car, either, but still.
Take a closer look at this text!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: July 13, 2014, 03:46:30 pm »

Driving is freedom. Driving can be scary at first, but that feeling fades pretty quickly once you're doing it all the time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: July 13, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »

Driving is freedom. Driving can be scary at first, but that feeling fades pretty quickly once you're doing it all the time.

Well yeah, but in the end it's getting past that first hurdle that can be really tough.
I mean, a responsible and careful driver is less likely to get into an accident, but... well.
It's kinda like tornadoes. Some factors make it less likely, but it can happen anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:52:18 pm by Molly Renata »
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: July 13, 2014, 03:51:06 pm »

So much this. Though every once in a while it can still be nerve-wracking, which is not necessarily a bad thing. When you're nervous, you're more cautious.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: July 13, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »

I haven't had any driving lessons in over half a decade. Neither the opportunity nor the desire to do so have made themselves apparent.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1420