Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965560 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7545 on: June 14, 2014, 03:12:50 pm »

Can somebody please tell me what's going on here?
Well there's a text file that's sentient when in a computer and a reanimated cat that's sentient and the cat is actually a dead guy and the computer pretended to be a dead person but really is its own thing and then they both got captured after the text file tried to take over a facility.

The text file is an unidentified occult entity that inhabits electronics and did a bunch of ritual shit to trap another guy's soul in the body of a dead (mostly skeletal) cat.  The other guy had been dead for... the story isn't clear, but it looks like somewhere from 30-50 years before this was done to him, and this event had likely been planned for that whole duration.  This guy was a former foundation researcher into the occult (Dr. Stuart Hayward), and really knew his shit.  The text file entity then tried to convince Hayward that it was his best friend in his previous life (Sarah Crowley), and had also been brought back by occult means without understanding why or how just like he had.  The ruse failed and it turned out Hayward had been suspecting all along and had laid a trap for the entity (in the form of a "kill word" fed to the entity's robot slaves), and used it to force the entity to turn itself in to the foundation.  Hayward and the text file entity are both now held in separate containments by the SCP foundation, and it hasn't been revealed what the nature or motives of the text file entity are.  It looks like the entity has something to do with another SCP that Hayward had interacted with in the past, and killed Crowley.  It's sort of indicated that Hayward and the foundation understand to at least some extent what transpired, but the key bits of information are redacted.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:18:45 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7546 on: June 14, 2014, 07:55:17 pm »

Can somebody please tell me what's going on here?
Well there's a text file that's sentient when in a computer and a reanimated cat that's sentient and the cat is actually a dead guy and the computer pretended to be a dead person but really is its own thing and then they both got captured after the text file tried to take over a facility.
The text file is ... redacted.
That makes no sense.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:52 pm »

I just spent what must have been over half an hour being not asleep enough to be dreaming and kind of aware of the fact I was asleep, so rather than dream hallucinations I was just having utter nonsense in my mind. And I was over time mentally struggling more and more to try and be properly awake, doing stuff like kicking me legs around to try and get some cohesive sensation that I can focus on, but it wasn't my actual legs that were moving it was dream legs. Started to get more and more panicked and more and more nonsensical until I was just having streams of numbers and letters going through me head.

Never again please brain.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: June 14, 2014, 11:52:32 pm »

I just spent what must have been over half an hour being not asleep enough to be dreaming and kind of aware of the fact I was asleep, so rather than dream hallucinations I was just having utter nonsense in my mind. And I was over time mentally struggling more and more to try and be properly awake, doing stuff like kicking me legs around to try and get some cohesive sensation that I can focus on, but it wasn't my actual legs that were moving it was dream legs. Started to get more and more panicked and more and more nonsensical until I was just having streams of numbers and letters going through me head.

At least you aren't having your emotions flipping the fuck out for no reason and having no bloody control over them and random hrjbrebg going on mentally and having an absurd sleep cycle of four hours per night (even though I went to bed at fucking 11pm) and always waking up after that and then suddenly as of last night passing out for three hours, waking up for another three hours, and then passing out for 13 hours before waking up to even more escalated emotional nonsense with the addition of occasional visual hallucinations and a weird tingling around my lower back that won't go away.

Did I mention that I went to three doctors and got an MSRI and they can't find a problem with me physically beyond hormone levels being like one or two percent above average (which is normal for me and has been the same reading I always get)?

I don't even fucking know any more.

I want it all to stop, I want my emotions to calm their nipples, and I want my body to stop flipping out. I'm probably going to have a random panic attack for no reason and it's just uUUUGGRIUHGurhguerhgeurihgerougherugh.

Also it's pretty obvious it's a mental or emotional issue, nothing physical, not schitzo as far as they can tell, and it's just all ufuyesfue.

Edit: Not trying to oneup you or anything, I sorta just went into a rant there, sorreh.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7549 on: June 15, 2014, 03:34:48 am »

Yeesh, that's scary... my emotions are fairly dulled, the extremes being "moderately pissed off" and "mostly content". I can't imagine what having wildly flailing emotions/moods/whatever would be like. Plus hallucinations. Not my cup of tea.

I also remember getting a lot of the crazy sleep-paralysis-and-kinda-awake-but-not-really dreams when I was younger. They gradually stopped a couple of years back.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: June 15, 2014, 03:54:35 am »

This kind of thing has happened like twice or three times in my life besides, always after something emotional, but this time I don't think(?) there was an emotional trigger? Might be? Bit hard to tell because it all goes haywire within a day or two normally and this time it went nova seemingly randomly, so if there was an emotional trigger, everything went crazy before I realized what the trigger was. My main concern is it is like twenty times more powerful then I have ever felt it before. It's worrying.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: June 15, 2014, 07:05:15 am »

At least you aren't having your emotions flipping the fuck out for no reason and having no bloody control over them and random hrjbrebg going on mentally and having an absurd sleep cycle of four hours per night (even though I went to bed at fucking 11pm) and always waking up after that and then suddenly as of last night passing out for three hours, waking up for another three hours, and then passing out for 13 hours before waking up to even more escalated emotional nonsense with the addition of occasional visual hallucinations and a weird tingling around my lower back that won't go away.

Did I mention that I went to three doctors and got an MSRI and they can't find a problem with me physically beyond hormone levels being like one or two percent above average (which is normal for me and has been the same reading I always get)?

I want it all to stop, I want my emotions to calm their nipples, and I want my body to stop flipping out. I'm probably going to have a random panic attack for no reason and it's just uUUUGGRIUHGurhguerhgeurihgerougherugh.

Also it's pretty obvious it's a mental or emotional issue, nothing physical, not schitzo as far as they can tell, and it's just all ufuyesfue.

Edit: Not trying to oneup you or anything, I sorta just went into a rant there, sorreh.

Did you have your MAO levels checked, if this is even a thing?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:43 am »

This kind of thing has happened like twice or three times in my life besides, always after something emotional, but this time I don't think(?) there was an emotional trigger? Might be? Bit hard to tell because it all goes haywire within a day or two normally and this time it went nova seemingly randomly, so if there was an emotional trigger, everything went crazy before I realized what the trigger was. My main concern is it is like twenty times more powerful then I have ever felt it before. It's worrying.
Maybe you should take an evening/day to just relax? Sift through your thoughts and so on? It'll be twenty times less terrifying if you figure out why it's happening.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: June 15, 2014, 11:24:18 am »

It was actually yesterday, but it was my first day sleeping up in the mountains, and I had to find my way back to the cabin at 10 PM, with nothing but a iPhone for a flashlight, and no warm clothes at all. Now, I'm not scared of the dark, but this is like horror movie dark out. Also, I found one of the pages from Slender taped to my door.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: June 15, 2014, 11:30:25 am »

It was actually yesterday, but it was my first day sleeping up in the mountains, and I had to find my way back to the cabin at 10 PM, with nothing but a iPhone for a flashlight, and no warm clothes at all. Now, I'm not scared of the dark, but this is like horror movie dark out. Also, I found one of the pages from Slender taped to my door.
.... You found one of the pages? That sounds utterly horrifying.

Maybe you should take an evening/day to just relax? Sift through your thoughts and so on? It'll be twenty times less terrifying if you figure out why it's happening.
I plan on doing that today.

Did you have your MAO levels checked, if this is even a thing?
I got a complete labwork done, bunch of blood, nothing wrong found. Bleh, I haaate needles.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: June 15, 2014, 11:58:48 am »

I think it was a prank.

Any advice for dealing with Slenderman/Annoying pranksters/Serial killers?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: June 15, 2014, 12:02:55 pm »

Don't stare at it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: June 15, 2014, 12:03:45 pm »

For the first one, run.

Second one, catch and hit them upside the head

Third, run or shoot.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:21 pm »

Third one I actually suggest lynching them or hoping that the mafia gets 'em.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:43 pm »

Stick googly eyes on it. Put chin-up bars in all the doorways. Ask for its tailor. Give it a fine glass of Clairet.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 1420