Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967590 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7230 on: May 15, 2014, 08:51:45 pm »

More seriously, I hear that quote pyramids can slow the forum down somewhat. Those big ones especially.
The background code for quotes is grossly inefficient, meaning that quote pyramids - as much as I want to join in with such nonsense - have a very good chance of bringing Toady's wrath down on us all in the form of permanent bans [citation needed].
As such, I, like an Old Testament prophet, seek in vain to draw my fellow forumites back to the path of righteousness mostly keeping the rules and not horrifying Toady One The Great into nerfing certain game mechanics.
I will provide the citation by saying he has explicitly warned against it.
That isn't a citation. A citation would be linking the post where he explicitly warns against it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: May 15, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

Visiting the girlfriend tomorrow.

Wish me luck, guys.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: May 15, 2014, 09:25:01 pm »

Wish me luck, guys.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: May 15, 2014, 11:29:09 pm »

Wish me luck, guys.
Try not to die. I hear dying is bad for your health.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7234 on: May 15, 2014, 11:38:16 pm »

Good luck. Insert rabbit foot here.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: May 16, 2014, 12:27:40 am »

Terrified may be a strong word, but when interacting with meatspace friends and/or acquaintances online I always worry I'm going to somehow alienate them or do something wrong. :-\ I often find myself dumbing down my usual grammar to the level of whoever I'm messaging, and that annoys me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: May 16, 2014, 12:44:13 am »

then just stahp

lordslowpoke for best advice 2014

why would you care so strongly about society's opinion anyway? legit question

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: May 16, 2014, 12:48:06 am »

It's not society's opinion that's the problem, it's the possibility of unintentionally weirding people out and making them less likely to hang out with me. I mean, it probably wouldn't have that effect, but I still worry about it all the same.
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: May 16, 2014, 12:52:24 am »

oh, that i get.

well as always, even if you manage to crack a watchtower and concentration camp joke in front of someone whose grandfather legitimately fell out of the former remember that this wizerd is very hard to annoy as long as you keep your lewdness below the level of a typical post made by objective

pay for transport though

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:56:19 am by LordSlowpoke »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: May 16, 2014, 01:46:02 am »

Yoink, if I lived in your general area, you would find it rather hard to weird me out, it's difficult to find something that truly unsettles me.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: May 16, 2014, 03:34:17 am »

Yoink, if I lived in your general area, you would find it rather hard to weird me out, it's difficult to find something that truly unsettles me.

Except dentists?  XD

<nervous titter> I leave in an hour for that multi-extraction.  Head slowly, slowly exploding.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: May 16, 2014, 05:38:50 am »

Except dentists?  XD

<nervous titter> I leave in an hour for that multi-extraction.  Head slowly, slowly exploding.
I don't like people in my mouth with things that could easily kill me if used that way.

On a completely unrelated and rather upsetting note that I should have posted earlier:

One of my friends quit the group we were in and cut contact with almost all the members. This shook me up extremely badly to the point of crying because I have really really really really really really bad abandonment issues because of my horrible horrible childhood, he had forgotten how bad they were and I had a breakdown, after hearing about it, he decided to keep in contact with me, which I am extremely grateful for because he really didn't need to but since he cares about me, he did. I'm still pretty shaken up right now even though it's been at least 10 hours and I took a two hour long shower to relax. I'm still shaking right now actually... I'm really glad he decided to keep contact with me though, it would be much worse if he hadn't.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: May 16, 2014, 06:55:38 am »

Not so much unsettling people, just the idea of "doing it wrong".
Hard to really explain... I guess the worry is that my messages etc. are somehow "uncool", or I'm not interacting in the right, accepted way. With close friends, of course, I just relax and type what I feel like, just as in real life.
Now that I think of it, it's not that weird at all, since it's pretty much how I feel about my face-to-face interactions. :o How odd.

Edit: I have no problems with making comments that might "unsettle" people. :P
I love me some dark humour. That joke about exhuming my grandmother was a stroke of genius.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 06:59:35 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: May 16, 2014, 08:17:07 am »

Now I'm curious - elaborate, please.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: May 16, 2014, 04:39:25 pm »

Not so much unsettling people, just the idea of "doing it wrong".

Sounds like me. I've talked to a psychiatrist about it, he says it sounds like social anxiety. General discomfort in social interaction, fear/dread that you do something wrong and are overly judged by others, dread of rejection because of "doing it wrong" or just not fitting in, stuff like that.

I 'unno. I feel like the term "social anxiety" gets thrown around a lot nowadays, like how ADHD is diagnosed as a blanket diagnosis for energetic kids who would rather be doing stuff other than focusing on school. "Your kid likes going outside and playing instead of doing homework? ADHD. You have general uneasiness in social situations because you fear that you're 'doing it wrong' and will drive away your peers? Social anxiety."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1420